How are YOU getting ready for boot?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How are YOU getting ready for boot?

I would like to know what all of the current Poolees are doing to get ready for boot. Currently I am Running every day at an outside track, not all flat has hills, track is 7/10 mil long. I am also going to the gym everyday, working chest one day, bi's tri's and shoulders one day, then legs the other. Im also not working for bulk just overall getting strength.

Now Im very poor at doing pullups so im working on pulldowns, and an weighted crunch machine.

These are just the things that I am doing to get ready for boot (Ship date 20060417, Parris Island)

What are YOU doing to get ready?

(If you have any tips for me, please give some feedback)

dont lift weights... anything you can do... squats and such... do with your own body weight... most of boot in endurance... study your poolee handbook... do lots of pushups.... yeah... thats about all i can think of right now... good luck... Semper Fi...

even though im just a wannabe.... im running 6 times a week (with a program i devised my own, you can check it out on the "hit a plateau" post)
    lifting 2-3 times a week, swimming 3-4 times a week, doing a daily 8 three times a day (containing the armstrong pullup program).

but neway my pullups are at 24
    my crunches are at 126
    and my run time is 17:56 (at 4500ft. elevation)

Damn smalcom ..your a friggin maniac...your gonna smoke the PFT keep up the good work !

Thanks outlaw... I am a PT guru lol

Congrats Smalcom. How long have you been doing your routine?

And whats your diet like? Thats what kills me, Ive been working out hard for a little over a year but my diet isnt very good.

I go to the gym about 5 days a week, lift weights with my upper body, and switch up running with lifting with my legs every other day. I just started swimming too.

honestly i eat a lot... about 5 meals a day... just for the energy, potassium and water keep me going (recovery, read the "hit a plateau" post).... but i have cut out fatty, greasy, and oily foods and i dont drink pop nemore... ive been on the program for about 6-7 months... and i CANT STOP... lol

Im a recon wannabe neway... just think to myself, the harder i go, the easier the BRC will be... even though it wont be lol

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeMichael
    dont lift weights... anything you can do... squats and such... do with your own body weight... most of boot in endurance... study your poolee handbook... do lots of pushups.... yeah... thats about all i can think of right now... good luck... Semper Fi...
    you can lift if u want.... i do light weight and a lot of reps one day... then low reps high weight the next day... builds lots of endurance and strength at the same time, youll need upper body strength in boot camp neway.

but again do LOTS OF PUSHUPS i do about 360-500 a day, tones and endurances the muscles you strengthened while you were lifting, this works great.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Smalcom-
    Outstanding regimen. Do you give you body a chance to recuperate/rest? That's just as important as your PT.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Smalcom, what workouts are you doing when you lift?

Credits
    Savings
    You make me sick.

Im getting ready by drinking plenty of beer, and eating all the junk food i possibly can.. its the best way ever i swear...

Lifting weights is a great way to get ready for boot. The more types of stress your body is exposed to, the stronger it gets... which may help eliminate injuries. Lifting two to four times a week would be a great idea.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I switch swimming and running, and I do some weight training. And when I have time and space, I get down and do some push-ups, seems how I'm very pitiful there.

Thread Information