The Title of Marine
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Title of Marine

You know Ive brought this point up before, but I am going to do it again. On a constant basis I see poolees, not capitalizing OUR Title. This irritates the crap outta me. You would be hard pressed to find a Marine who would not capitalize the Title, and I ask those poolees/wannabes out there to respect OUR Title, its not yours yet, it belongs to us...respect it, I dont need to hear any apologies, just square yourselves away.

You got that right Cole11,your maggots until you have gone thru the rose garden and not until the day of your graduation when the senior drill Instructor stands befor you(DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FEMALE SHEEP) and says;, Plt # so and so(pause)DISMISSSSSED !!! Welcome ABOARD MARINES OR welcome to the rewal world !!!! FMF BABY,FMF

Poolees: Listen to the words of the wise and the almighty LCpl Cole... next one to break the rule will become a splattered stain on the bottom of my boot. Heed the advice, or the pay the price. LoL.

-Lake

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo7679
    You got that right Cole11,your maggots until you have gone thru the rose garden and not until the day of your graduation when the senior drill Instructor stands befor you(DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FEMALE SHEEP) and says;, Plt # so and so(pause)DISMISSSSSED !!! Welcome ABOARD MARINES OR welcome to the rewal world !!!! FMF BABY,FMF
    LOL - ahhh the "rose garden." I have *fond* memories of that.

They call it the "Pit" today Gonz. They have a specially made sand box now for the recruits. Look to the right of 1st BTN.

[IMG]http://**************/MyMarine/PI0042.jpg[/IMG]

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm with you guys - and another thing I hate is when someone calls a Marine a soldier! F__k that! If I had wanted THAT title I would have gone into the Army............bleh............gives me a shiver to even think that thought. Semper Fi ya'll!

Not as lean, not as mean, but STILL a Marine!

IYAOYAS!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, I was a at a family reunion the other day, and one of my young cousins (like 8 or so) asked me if I was going to be a soldier. Now my first thought was NNNOOOOO!!!!! But ya gotta keep in mind this was a little girl that didn't know the difference. So I grudgingly said sort of, and then explained to her the difference between a MMMarine (emphasize much) and a soldier. Even saying that sort of was difficult.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Collins
    Yeah, I was a at a family reunion the other day, and one of my young cousins (like 8 or so) asked me if I was going to be a soldier. Now my first thought was NNNOOOOO!!!!! But ya gotta keep in mind this was a little girl that didn't know the difference. So I grudgingly said sort of, and then explained to her the difference between a MMMarine (emphasize much) and a soldier. Even saying that sort of was difficult.
    What are the differences you expalined to her?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The first and foremost was the requirements... 100% for the army is 77 PUSH-ups (I seriously do 40 - 60 when I am bored and have nothing to do), 2 mile run, and no were near the same amount of sit ups. Every thing else was mostly opinionated statements. It was funny though, because my uncle was in the army, so him and I give each other a hard time, all the time

Credits
    Savings
    Yea, that's actually the part I was interested in--the opinionated statements.

What were they if you don't mind telling?

BTW, I just read that 71 pushups will give you a solid 100 on their PFT. 77 is probably legendary amoung the soldiers-in-trainiing.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    LOL, that is just pathetic. 71 damn push-ups... anyway, I told her that the Marines are closer to one another than any other branch, that in the army they just kinda... do whatever. I also told her that at pool functions while the poolees are out there eating asphalt or doing chin-ups The Army recruiter is out in front of his office, by himself mind you, that he is sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette watching us PT. Now, if you were gung ho about the military, you just didn't know which branch, and you rolled your car up to that situation, what would you choose? And that in the Marines you HAVE to qualify as rifle expert at least (don't know what the regulation is for the army, and quite frankly, I don't want to know). And if you have a pit fight with a Marine, a soldier, a sailor, and an airman, the Marine will be the last man standing. In that particular fight, I'd say the airman goes down first, then the sailor, and then finally the soldier would drop. And the fact that no matter where the army goes, they are always wearing BDU's. can you tell me what BDU stands for. Battle Dress Uniform. BATTLE Dress Uniform. That is very unprofessional, in my opinion. Besides, they are some of the most lethargic group of people you'll meet. The Air Force at least have regulations and deadlines, and the Navy has to make sure their ships don't crash and burn. But I also have to give credit to the Army for one thing; they have infantry. The Air Force spends one day out of all thier training on small arms, and we are the navy's infantry.

Credits
    Savings
    LOL, she'll be at PI in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Collins

you should have thrashed her

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hehehe, I'm good at glorifying things, particularly things I care about. Even though I did just bash the Army to smithereens, I'd have to say I'd join them as a second choice, Air Force as a 3rd, and (this doesn't leave this board for the fact that I don't need **** from sailors when I'm on thier boat) the navy last.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Her mother, my aunt, was 20 ft. away.

S'ok. If she wondered why you were PTing the hell out of her daughter, you could just look at her and go "ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME? ON YOUR FACE NOW GET SOME NOW!"

Thrashing for all.

Thread Information