Thank you
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

i just signed my contract and am in the DEP and i ship off to parris island on march 20th. i jus wanted to say thank you to all the helpful people on this page. The information has helped me greaty, thank you.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn, less then 3 weeks? Good luck recruit!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow, you just signed your contract and you leave this month. Good Luck man

Best of luck.

Set your mind to your goal, and move forward....

Stay motivated....and Keep your eyes and ears open and Your mouth shut..

Best of Luck
    Ellie

best of luck to you bro. what's your MOS?

Raise hell.. absorb the knowledge.. know that the DI's cant control time, so eventually you'll reach your goal.. and when you get a letter with "Recruit Diplomat says his Senior DI is weak" you can come back and cuss me out...

goodluck kill hat..

-Lake

yea i signed my contract and i leave this month, i figured the sooner i go to boot camp the sooner i have the opportunity to be a Marine. I enlisted to be an air traffic controller, by the way, does anybody have an idea of what state my MOS training might be in??

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    First if you can pass this:
    Recruit Training Regiment
    Our mission is to make basic Marines -- disciplined and directed individuals imbued with the unique character, fitness and spirit that are the hallmark of Marines. These qualities provide the firm foundation for further development into effective operational force team members. That takes time and care. There are no magic events or shortcuts. While we change the schedule from time to time to tune the process, the key to success has been, is and always will be the drill instructor. It is the transfer by concerned leadership and example over time that develops essential values in our Marines and pride in doing the right thing in the right way which defines our ethos. That is our product.
    Only then you can go to Pensacola:
    MATSG-21
    The Marine Aviation Training Support Group (MATSG), Pensacola, Florida, provides administrative support to assigned personnel in addition to other tasks as directed by the Commandant. This support is directed primarily towards personnel in the Naval Air Training Command and The Naval Aviation Technical Training Center with support to ten ancillary activities. The command is principally manned by approximately 21% permanent personnel and 79% aviation students; both enlisted and officers. While the MATSG mission is administrative in nature, the Command monitors the flow of students through the school houses, provides Marine Corps discipline and Marine Corps peculiar training.
    Congrats on signing up, now the real fun begins!

Quote Originally Posted by diPLoMaT
    yea i signed my contract and i leave this month, i figured the sooner i go to boot camp the sooner i have the opportunity to be a Marine. I enlisted to be an air traffic controller, by the way, does anybody have an idea of what state my MOS training might be in??
    Swing with the Wing! That's a great MOS - and you'll love Pensacola. Plus you get to go during hurricane season. Cool!

Possibly afterwards Okinawa - or as I call it, "Typhoon Central." I have fond memories of "Super-Typhoon Wynne" in 1980 - with center winds of 180 knots (219 mph). We were crazy Marines outside playing football in that storm - at least until the MP's ran us back into the barracks. That sucker hit us and moved 60 miles to the north, stopped, headed south and hit us a 2nd time. We were socked in for 6 days. Great times!!!

Steve

It sounds like you had some good times in okinawa shadowman, hopefully with enough blood, sweat, and tears i'll have the chance to live some of my own. You are absolutely right Yellowwing, i should focus on getting through recruit training first and then the rest will follow. Although, Pensacola does sound like a very very pleasant place to be .

1st good luck in boot... Now P-cola is a great place I was in school down there for ATC this summer after my Lat move. It is a really great place and the instructors are some of the best I ever had the chance to work with.

Good luck
    Comanche

Once again, thank you. I hope that it doesn't come down to luck. Even though I'm probably wrong for saying this, my biggest concern is not boot camp itself, but life in the Marines after boot camp. I signed a five year contract so I will be fulfilling the length of my service whole-heartedly and to the best of my ability, however, I have some concerns about the quality of life in the Corps. When I say quality of life I don't mean that I want big screen TV's and Ferrari's, I'm talking about free will. Will I be allowed to, well... be me?

Quote Originally Posted by diPLoMaT
    however, I have some concerns about the quality of life in the Corps. When I say quality of life I don't mean that I want big screen TV's and Ferrari's, I'm talking about free will. Will I be allowed to, well... be me?
    That's the way I remember the Corps! In fact, we were the very first to wear our pants with our butts hanging out. I recommend you wear your pants like that to boot camp. Your DI's will instantly recognize that you understand Marine Corps tradition, and it will make boot so much easier for you!

Thread Information