question about infantry! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very well said yellow wing. Theese young adults on theese forums will make great Marines one day.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    were always going on some kind of excercise, CAX, Bridgeport, Rimpac, Fleetex, Socex, whatever it may be.
    for all you guys who didn't know what those are, like me. i looked them up on google so here's what i found.

CAX- Combined Arms Exercise
    Bridgeport- Mountain Warfare Training Center
    Rimpac- Rim of the Pacific Exercise http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/rimpac.htm
    Fleetex- Fleet Exercise
    Socex- Special Operations Capable Exercise

we are all riflemen

Bottom line, all marines are riflemen. Some just have another responsibility to carry as well. Believe me, when your on a convoy or out on patrol (which no marines are exempt from) anything can happen. You can be A-driving some supplies from one camp to the next and get ambushed. Next thing you know your in a fire fight. That's when all your riflemen training kicks in. Don't think you have to be a grunt to "get some". The enemy doesn't care what your mos is. And believe me, no one wants to sleep in a fighting hole. Its just what we do when we have to do it. And we happily do it because thats what we are paid for, but honestly no one wants to do it. Any mos in the USMC is a great job, except maybe cook, lol. Just something to think about.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yellowwing, I was referring to the fact that marines in general are a rifleman first, I didn't mean WE literally. But after 3 months from 92 or so more days, I will be changin that skin head avatar to a 1 stripe up.

Registered User Free Member gunnyz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Everything that Outlaw3179 told you is true and even more, being in the Grunt's you will more then likely deploy alot more then most Marines
    I spent 4 years on Active duty and 19 years in the Reserves and all as a Grunt and I saw quite a few places that I never would have been if I had been a Mechanic or Admin or any other Pogue position (my wife was a Diesel Mechanic in the Corps thats why I said mechanic) (opps I just got hit) but whatever you decide to do it all comes down to "Every Marine is a RIFLEMAN"

Good Luck Future Jarhead

Gunny "Z" (ret)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't wait till I get to earn my title! God bless the United States Marine Corps!

all marines are rifleman, kinda true. if you mean they can shoot a rifle and that makes them a rifleman then yes they are riflemen. i am an 0311 rifleman and i just came off the range with some pogues you should've seen em, stellar. especially on the emp part of the range. for you old salts out there we now have to qualify on the range not only with the traditional course of fire 2,3,500 meters but also at 50 and 100 meters, with flack and kevlar with rapid target engagement. now grunts especially 11's do EMP alot because the average rifleman will not be firing much over 100m in combat.

Thread Information