Create Post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by christine_06
    i'm going to PI only cuz i'm a female, i ship 20060807
    same here... sucks doesnt it?

Im heading to PI also.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeMichael
    PI is great! Hey which Marine would you rather be?

This PI Marine --->

Or this Hollywood type --->

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    PI is great! Hey which Marine would you rather be?

This PI Marine --->

Or this Hollywood type --->

My boyfriend is a Hollywood Marine... But he looks like a PI Marine... So you can't stereotype all of us...

My boyfriend is a Hollywood Marine... But he looks like a PI Marine... So you can't stereotype all of us...
    LOL - it's an "inside" thing - you'll see if you make it!

I did some research and found information I did not know about PI and San Diego. It took quite a bit of digging ...
    By 1915, East Coast recruit training was centralized at MCRD Parris Island, S.C. In 1923, MCRD San Diego assumed the duties as the sole recruit depot for the West Coast.

I had no idea that MCRD San Diego was that old. For some reason I thought it was much newer then that. Go figure.

Steve

thats funny... because i already knew that... lol... i got really vored one night and did a little research... ^^ but yeah... and it's not IF i make it... I WILL make it...

thats funny... because i already knew that... lol... i got really vored one night and did a little research... ^^ but yeah... and it's not IF i make it... I WILL make it...
    We shall see ... just tossing the challenge out there! I think you'll do fine.

(BTW - the PI Marine thing is something you can always hold over your boyfriend's head. They are sensitive like that - shhhhh!)

yeah... id probably do that... because im just that caring... lol...

Credits
    Savings
    I'm a female Marine, I shipped to boot camp 050606, graduated 050902, so I'm pretty fresh to date. If you have any questions at all, ask, I'll be happy to answer them.

Ha Shadowman you know just like i do the PI guys are sensitive about where they trained.. you know what the old saying goes..

Whats the difference between SD and PI??

They train women at PI

Credits
    Savings
    If Parris Island turned a girl like me into a man, that would mean it turns a boy into a woman. Makes sense to me.

Lorix nothing personal and im not sure how good those docs are out a PI (ive never been there) but I think it would take a lot more than boot camp to turn you into a man..

Quote Originally Posted by VaMarine
    Lorix nothing personal and im not sure how good those docs are out a PI (ive never been there) but I think it would take a lot more than boot camp to turn you into a man..
    Maybe before and after pics would help! LOL!

I leave for PI May 15th.

Thread Information