Parris Island Anyone? - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    were just playing with you ...we know your a female Marine ...Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah.............I'm a BAM (for you poolees that means Broad Ass Marine) and a damned fine too even at 45. I could still give some of these fellas a run for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    MKocher - you kill me boy - I've been sitting here laughing my ass off reading your posts. Yeah there will be 1000 females on PI at any given time but, trust me, when a platoon of them comes your way, YOUR DI will make your platoon do an about face so you CAN'T look at them. Sometimes the guys DI will not only make you do an about face but will also IPT your asses to the point of exhaustion just so you will forget about it. And I'm sure the ladies will love your poolee ass but they won't be thinking about you either - nothing personal - just the way it is.
    I got to see the wm's up close and personal at PI in '79. One of the perks for qualifying Expert on the rifle range was we got to serve chow to the wm's. That was NOT a perk let me tell you. Can u say "rough" looking? lol

I am guessing they did not allow you to wear make up until the end of third phase? I am sure that all changed before 1984 though (as Steve digs to get his butt out of trouble ...)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    I got to see the wm's up close and personal at PI in '79. One of the perks for qualifying Expert on the rifle range was we got to serve chow to the wm's. That was NOT a perk let me tell you. Can u say "rough" looking? lol

I am guessing they did not allow you to wear make up until the end of third phase? I am sure that all changed before 1984 though (as Steve digs to get his butt out of trouble ...)

Steve
    Hey Kim -

Oddly enough, when I did a Google search of your name, I came across a picture of you from 1984! Go figure.

I told things changed by 1984! (Am I out of hot water now???)

Steve

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah............looked just like that in 84 except I'm dark headed - HAAHAHAHA! I'll post a pic for you in the next few days and if you want to see what I look like now, search for DiamondGirl_61 on msn (hotmail). Yeah we WMs looked just as rough as you guys during boot camp. We didn't get to wear makeup until later and even then we had about a 1/2 day where they gave us a class on how to apply the sh_t, if you can believe that. That was about 1/2 of a wasted day! The roughest it ever got for me was the 3 days we had to go without a shower staying in the swamp. We all knew that a shower was going to be the first thing we got to do when we got back to the squadbay but our DIs weren't done hazing the fool out of us. We had to get in formation and fall out 3 or 4 times because all 70 some odd of us couldn't get through the doors and online as fast as they wanted us to. It's funny as hell looking back on it................

Talking Dont worry

Ok so all of you who are going to Parris Island. Stop worrying so much. I went to boot camp there I graduated Feb. 14, 2003. As long as you do exactly what you are told to do and do it fast and with no lip you will be ok..I suggest that when you go to the PX for the first time you get only what you are told to get...The DI's will check and you will get quarter decked if you act stupid and get things that you are not suppose to. Just remember that it will only be as bad as you make it. Just listen to everything that is said to you should be just fine .. be prepared to get a lot of shots...hope that no one is afraid of needles.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! That's actually my biggest worry...needles...lol.

Smile parris island

hey girls! i leave the last week in may...of course to parris island, cuz i'm a girl...i think it's gonna be great tho...i'll be there thru the hell months tho...june, july, and i grd near the end of august. at least i'll get a nice tan tho...hahaha...i'm j/k. anyway, does anyone know if we are allowed to purchase off for the sandfleas? i know we're supposed to suffer. semper fi, ladies...and boys...lol...

I was there during the winter months so i am not sure if you are allowed to purchase off for the sandfleas...although there were times when it was warm enough for sandfleas and they did come out (my graduation day, we had to deal with them) The drill instructors will let you know what you can buy and what you cant. Just dont take any with you.

I love being a Hollywood Marine

Quote Originally Posted by May06Enlistee
    hey girls! i leave the last week in may...of course to parris island, cuz i'm a girl...i think it's gonna be great tho...i'll be there thru the hell months tho...june, july, and i grd near the end of august. at least i'll get a nice tan tho...hahaha...i'm j/k. anyway, does anyone know if we are allowed to purchase off for the sandfleas? i know we're supposed to suffer. semper fi, ladies...and boys...lol...
    i went to boot during those same months...didn't run into any sand fleas. They were lucky.

i won't bring anything with me except the clothes on my back, id and all that good stuff and some shampoo and conditioner i can just throw away at meps. i know the drill. haha...how do you like the corps? how are women treated...from what i hear they are treated quite well, but that depends on who you talk to and how you conduct yourself, which i will be one of those girls that just stays in every night studying and working out. i'm not interested in partying and all that stuff. thanks for the info tho, hun...look forward to hearing from you! my im on aol is ween143. ttys! semper fi!

From what I experienced women are treated like equals. I made it throught boot and was at Camp Gieger for MCT when I got discharged for medical reasons. I wouldnt suggest that you just stay in all night and study or work out, get out there and make friends and have some fun just dont act stupid and you will be fun. that is once you get out of boot camp, until then just listen to anything and everything people tell you. my aol screenname is h0tm4ry22

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    yeah............looked just like that in 84 except I'm dark headed - HAAHAHAHA! I'll post a pic for you in the next few days and if you want to see what I look like now, search for DiamondGirl_61 on msn (hotmail)
    DUH! I thought I read you were a blonde! My bad.

I thought I had heard they teach you in boot how to put on make up. The closest we got to that was close shaves, trimming off neck hair and nasil hair removal. Hmmm ... would cleaning up "toe jam" qualify???

Steve

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! And I thought the makeup class was funny - they actually had to teach you how to trim your body hair? That's funny as hell!

Thread Information