Video clip - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video clip

Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click.

I have to write that I saw 'Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click.' and I very much enjoyed the fact that it didn't have the cheesy narration. Instead of asking a recruit what the food tastes like or if they were scared, the film makers actually showed this visually. As for the audio, it almost seems unimportant, or should I write, it seemed to provide the same experience as sound effects and music. I recommend watching this movie wearing head phones if you really want the full experience. And I read that some had trouble with the editing of this film, but I believe that no other film captures through the editing the intensity of recruit training. Again, it is so refreshing to see someone take a new direction on a story that has been told many times. It could have been easy to make it like every other Marine Corps video that you can buy at any graduation and PX. But above all, I am most impressed that the film isn't spoon feed to the audience. It seems as if the audience is rewarded after multiple viewings because there is something new to be discovered each time. Unlike a typical Hollywood film, this one stays with you and you almost have to see it again just to see if it all turns out the same. For me, I prefer this movie over 'Full Meat Jacket' simply because this is the real version. No script, no actors, and no pretending to be something more than it is. I just wish that we could see all of the footage that didn't make it into the final film.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn
    I thought he was about have a stroke!!! LMAO!
    LOL - all DI's look like that! Just lock your body up tight and keep staring straight ahead no matter what is goes on around you.

I think the part that bothered me about the movie was the Beatles music in the background.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Holy Crap!

the DI at the end was my Seinor DI ... Drill Istructor Staff Sergant Maranan
    hell of a cool guy but a serious jerk when we screwed up... man it's a trip to see that man today...

If you insert the DVD into your PC there are some hidden chapters and extra footages available that are not seen through DVD players

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jm4magic
    If you insert the DVD into your PC there are some hidden chapters and extra footages available that are not seen through DVD players
    Where?? I am trying to find them and all I find are the one section with the kid in receiving. Thats it. What else is there??? Howd you find them?

Thread Information