M4A1 and M16
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: M4A1 and M16

M4A1 and M16

I was wondering, i see some marines with m4a1's and some with m16's, what i the deal with this cause i thought that the m4a1 was used only by seals and recon units. Another thing is say if i go to Iraq will i have an M9 beretta also along with my m16, or do only certain marines get though's types of weapons.... Thanx, just curious

check it out boot. this m4 only used by seal and recon myth is bs. whoever told you that should be slapped. the m4 is used by a lot, if not most infantry Marines in Iraq. 1.) its lighter, 2.) more capable at close range, and since you're dealing with urban warfare you need to worry more about close range combat 3.) it has a shorter barrel and collapsable buttstock, so when you're patrolling down streets, or in searching houses, the muzzle of your rifle is less likely to stick out around a corner as you maneuver..

as for the 9mm, thats a case by case basis. sometimes only NCO's get it the m9. sometimes machine gunners who work in the turret (in CAAT units) get the m9. some units just pass it out randomly. so theres no telling as to what weapon systems you'll use.

lastly, and take heed to this. since you're in the poolee forum, i assume you're not a Marine yet. Why the hell are you worried about whether or not you're gonna get the 9mm when you go to Iraq? shouldnt you be studying knowledge? or standing in front of a mirror critiquing your position of attention? go make out with rottencrotch or something.. worry about the little **** when you reach that bridge...

-Lake

Quote Originally Posted by PFCLake
    check it out boot. this m4 only used by seal and recon myth is bs. whoever told you that should be slapped. the m4 is used by a lot, if not most infantry Marines in Iraq. 1.) its lighter, 2.) more capable at close range, and since you're dealing with urban warfare you need to worry more about close range combat 3.) it has a shorter barrel and collapsable buttstock, so when you're patrolling down streets, or in searching houses, the muzzle of your rifle is less likely to stick out around a corner as you maneuver..

as for the 9mm, thats a case by case basis. sometimes only NCO's get it the m9. sometimes machine gunners who work in the turret (in CAAT units) get the m9. some units just pass it out randomly. so theres no telling as to what weapon systems you'll use.

lastly, and take heed to this. since you're in the poolee forum, i assume you're not a Marine yet. Why the hell are you worried about whether or not you're gonna get the 9mm when you go to Iraq? shouldnt you be studying knowledge? or standing in front of a mirror critiquing your position of attention? go make out with rottencrotch or something.. worry about the little **** when you reach that bridge...

-Lake
    Succinct and to the point as always, Lake. Well done, bro.

Lcpl Lake
    What is your MOS? Is it infantry? Because if it is, you would know that very few Marine infantryman are ever issued the m4 rifle. And why are you so rude when replying to someone's questions regardless of if they are poolee or not? If you are going to reply to someone's question then you should do so in a respectful manner. We are not here to discourage poolees from asking us questions, if you haven't noticed Marine this is a poolee forum. All I am saying is have a little respect, you were once a poolee too.

Hey Mortar,

That is why the marines have NCO's, leadership by example, Right.

Lake sounds a bit harsh! if you ask me.

MarineCop

As a Marine PFC Lake, I do not think you are to be considered an "Old Salt" yet. Don't you think it would be a little better to just answer the poolee's question without all the BS?

WOW Lake, they're gettin on you pretty good. Some things never change I guess. But, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyway, since he hasn't answered, I will for him. He is an infantry Marine with one deployment to Iraq under his belt. I know I have read that Marines aren't using the M-4 that often, but he was there not long ago, so I will defer to his answer on that one, he would be in a better place to know that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mortar-E-4
    Lcpl Lake
    What is your MOS? Is it infantry? Because if it is, you would know that very few Marine infantryman are ever issued the m4 rifle.
    Hey Cpl, smack yourself. My platoon alone was issued 14 m4a1 rifles in Iraq. A platoon that contained 26 Marines. Ok, lets break it down barney style.

26 - 14 = 12 ---- 12<14

That makes it a majority. "Majority" being the keyword. Now I know my platoon wasnt the only one like that. I'm not gonna say that the majority of my company or battalion had m4's that would be a flat out lie. But to say very few Marine Infantryman carry the m4 is like saying very few recruits carry canteens.

And why are you so rude when replying to someone's questions regardless of if they are poolee or not? If you are going to reply to someone's question then you should do so in a respectful manner.
    You're right, I was a Poolee once. I used to post on here all the time. And I got the same kinda flak, but from different people. I'm not here to make friends with Poolees, I answered his question. I threw in my personal thoughts. If you dont like what I write, you dont have to read it. Ooorah?

-Lake

Credits
    Savings

Lake is still Lake.

Methinks that one of these days he's gonna pop off to the wrong person, at the wrong time, and there won't be anything but total fear in his eyes.

Yea, Lake, you were a poolee once, and yeah, you took a lot of flack, BUT, go re-read some of your 'poolee' posts. The only change I see is that you are now an E-3.

Woo-Hoo Flipping Rah!

I personally don't mind Lake's approach to the situation. It was a straight-up, full speed ahead answer. Some may say it's a personal bias because I'd consider Lake a good buddy, but I'd disagree.

Granted he may be a little rough, but isn't that what you want in a grunt? I don't think the poolee will take offense so much as he'll understand.

When I was a poolee I was constantly told "aim for the title, the rest will fall into place." That was something that really stuck with me. In the Corps you take things as they come.

In all honesty, he was just telling the Poolee what to focus on for the time being. His biggest hurdle upcoming will be MCRD (that I can attest to), and sharpening his knowledge and physicality for that will be far more beneficial than discussing loadouts for Infantry Marines.

Not so much taking sides as I'm seeing it both ways. Yes, Lake was a little scrappy. But it's more than likely meant to be taken tongue in cheek.

Hey Lake
    You didn't answer my initial question? Are you a grunt? Because if you were then you would have more respect than to tell an NCO to go "smack himself".
    I am not going to get into a ****ing contest with you, next time be more specific in telling a poolee that YOUR UNIT HAS ISSUED M4s, cause I know for a fact that the Marine Corps doesn't issue m4s to most infantry units.
    PFCLakecheck it out boot. this m4 only used by seal and recon myth is bs. whoever told you that should be slapped. the m4 is used by a lot, if not most infantry Marines in Iraq.

i appreciate it Lake, i respect u, you are a marine but dont get smart with me ok...i dont apprecaite that, i was just wondering what the deal was, and i said (per say) if u can read......I just wasent sure if everyone got an m9 or not...simple question..ok, but anyway thank you for the reply now i know and thanx everyone else to next time i will just watch what i ask
    P.S. I leave June 26th mos:0311 Sir YES SIR!

Servehard,

Hey Hard Charger, just do what your told, and don't and worry about all the rukus. Take it one day at a time! you are gonna have a blast and you'll be ok.

Oh! one more thing, If you want an M9....be a range coach, that is also fun as well.

Semper Fi,
    MarineCop.

i appreciate it Lake, i respect u, you are a marine but dont get smart with me

Servehard,
    I talk to Poolees all the time, I mentor them in a sort of older brother manner, but I will tell you this much, you are not a Marine YET, it was totally out of line for you to tell a 19 year old combat vet not to get smart with you, this is a Marine argument, you would do well to stay out of it. Theres one things you will learn, as much as we argue, we WILL back each other up 100%, just word to the wise, other than that I wish you luck in boot camp, and hope to see you back here with a different avatar. PS Capitalize Marine.

I apoligize u are right, i am sorry, wont happen i again , this MARINE just made me alittle heated....and thanx, next time ill just stay out of it

Thread Information