2 Questions: Crucible and Boot Camp leave
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 Questions: Crucible and Boot Camp leave

Okay, just a couple of quick questions.

1) I've seen a training matrix or two that have The Crucible as being somewhere around week 6 in San Diego. Is these accurate? If so, why is it dead in the middle of training in SD and at the end at PI? Everything I've read about it propagandizes it as the "culmination of everything you've learned". Just curious about that one.

2) Am I to understand that I can actually fly home on the night of graduation? My Mother is one of those plan as far ahead in advance kind of people and is already looking at plane ticket prices and such because she wants us to all be able to be on the same flight back to Anchorage.

Thanks for any assistance that y'all can give me!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If your going to MCRD San Diego you will leave for MCB Camp Pendleton on T-23 or the saturday of your 4th week of recruit training. You will be spending one month at Edson range in whats known as Weapons and Field Training Battalion. The first two weeks are marksmanship training the third week is field week and the fourth week is the week that you will complete the crucible which is actually week 8. I have no idea why the training matrix was modified on the west coast. My guess would be it was done to save money on transporting you once instead of twice to and from Camp Pendleton which is about 60 miles away. To satisfy Mom's question you will be released after graduation at approximately noon and are free to leave the Depot for the airport.

Jinelson, If you get held up in Boot for any reason is your family contacted?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

not jim

but yes they are....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes your family will be notified.

MKocher,
    Sir- I do know this that IF you are held up I am 100% sure they call and advise your recruiter;who I think will in turn, call your parents; as for the Crucible,I agree with the SSgt, I think its because of convience of travel, take care and good luck in boot!

What are the chances of getting held up?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Anyone have a training matrix for PI?

The only ones I've ever seen were pretty small and hard to read.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Brookline try this link http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/images/Training%20Matrix.pdf if that dosent give you the info you want look it up here http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

sorry it took so long to reply rdy2go, it is really hard to determine what the chances are, you could injure yourself, and get dropped to MRP (Medical Recovery Platoon) , you could be a sickbay commando and go to medical all the time, which eventually will get you dropped; or you could be a s***bag and drop yourself, my advice, use medical only when you need it, if you feel sick, eat lots of oranges, and drink orange juice at chow, i was able to shake many illnesses this way; and be a good recruit in preparation of being a good Marine.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Brookline try this link http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/images/Training%20Matrix.pdf if that dosent give you the info you want look it up here http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/
    Thanks, that should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole11
    sorry it took so long to reply rdy2go, it is really hard to determine what the chances are, you could injure yourself, and get dropped to MRP (Medical Recovery Platoon) , you could be a sickbay commando and go to medical all the time, which eventually will get you dropped; or you could be a s***bag and drop yourself, my advice, use medical only when you need it, if you feel sick, eat lots of oranges, and drink orange juice at chow, i was able to shake many illnesses this way; and be a good recruit in preparation of being a good Marine.
    Its oka. Thanks.

i'm really confused.. i leave May 8th for PI. i did the math on a calendar (following the training matrix), and it shows that i should be graduating on Aug. 4th. but on PI's homepage it says there is no graduation for that day (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/grad_dates.htm). anybody know what's going on? thanks!

Thread Information