Leaving for Parris Island
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leaving for Parris Island

Too bad I just found this website now. This would have been a great learning tool to have during the last six months I was in the DEP.

I leave for Parris Island in less than twenty-four hours. In fact I have to report to my recruiting station tomorrow morning at 0900.

Thank you for all the information contained in this forum area. I have quickly learned exactly what to bring and what not to bring. I am already adjusting my wallet and address book accordingly.

I enjoyed being a Poolee, now let's see if all this training and learning has paid off.

See you guys in three months. Hopefully if I follow the advice given by some of the higher ranking marines here I will have a good story to tell.

David J. Blythe

PS - Am I nervous? Honestly no. Not about boot camp. I just want to make sure I get E-2 on my final contract.

Go get 'em, hardcharger. Best of luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get some patriot and earn the title. Come back as our brother in three months.

i still have 3 more months to go.... dammit.
    best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you. Hope to hear good news, David!

ive got a little over 5 months Good luck too you!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    DavidJBlythe I hear you're back in town, congratulations on earning the Title, how was it?

PFC Blythe, David J. graduated on 060512 @ 0945 on the
    Peatross Parade Deck.

1st Recruit Training Battalion, Alpha Company, Platoon 1037.

Those 70 training days were the hardest things I have ever gone through.

It feels awesome to claim the title of United States Marine.

I wish the best of luck to poolees going to Parris Island. I will answer questions you have about training. Things are really fresh on my mind, so now is the time to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJBlythe
    Peatross Parade Deck.

I wish the best of luck to poolees going to Parris Island. I will answer questions you have about training. Things are really fresh on my mind, so now is the time to ask.
    Congratulations MARINE. If there is one thing you could have done to prepare just a little bit more for boot, what would you have done.

Credits
    Savings
    Peatross Parade Deck.

It IS awesome, my Brother. Semper FI!!!

If I could have done one thing to better prepare myself, I would have PT'd harder. PT is an intergral part of Recruit Training, and is very important. However, no matter how strong you are or how much endurance you have, your DI's will smoke you regardless. They just smoke the stronger recruits longer.

If you have any history of Drill, like through JROTC, you will be lightyears ahead of your platoon-mates.

Otherwise, nothing else really matters. They teach you everything you need to know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's my sweetie!!!! CONGRATULATIONS DAVID! I'm SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!

you look so hot in uniform. I missed you so much! I'm so excited that I can tell everyone you made it. I can't wait to see how things work out with you in the Marines! There's just so much in my head and heart that I can't express. I'm just so proud of you, proud to be with you, and excited for you and for me and you. The changes that have taken place inside you are something to marvel at. You really have become a MAN! IF ANYONE says that boot camp won't change much, they're DEAD wrong. I see more confidence, determination, a sense of responsibility, dedication, and a SENSE of honor that was NEVER there before in you! I'm going to faint lol.
    me wuffz joo <3 <3 <3

I'm no longer engaged to a "future" Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    If I could have done one thing to better prepare myself, I would have PT'd harder. PT is an intergral part of Recruit Training, and is very important. However, no matter how strong you are or how much endurance you have, your DI's will smoke you regardless. They just smoke the stronger recruits longer.
    I know that first hand! I was on their longer than most other recruits, they would wear me the **** out!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations, Pfc Blythe. Hah! That's gotta be awesome to hear now that you're a Marine! Your girl has told me and all of us here a great deal about you.
    Again, congratulations, Marine. You truly are now one of the elite, the few, the proud.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Marine and welcome to the family.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

Thread Information