what motivates you?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    msf
    Guest Free Member

what motivates you?

poolees and non-poolees,
    what motivates you to become a Marine.
    mine is the phrase from jarhead, "I shall walk through the valley of darkness and fear no evil, because I am the biggest meanest and badest mother****er out there" might not be exaact but you get the point.
    also all the commercials really inspire me and seeing Marines walk around here once in a while.
    also, i have a huge sense of national pride and believe in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, so I feel almost obligated to do something about it.
    9/11 also really put me on track too, even though it was 5 years ago, I dont forget. I saw a movie called flight 93 on tv yesterday about the hijacking of the plane and it made me ****ed off.
    also seeing people who take freedom for granted, i dont want to sit behind a desk my whole life and do nothign useful for the world.
    what say you poolees or current/former Marines

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    LT General Jim Mattis does alot for me:
    You are part of the world's most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon. Share your courage with each other as we enter the uncertain terrain north of the Line of Departure. Keep faith in your comrades on your left and right and Marine Air overhead. Fight with a happy heart and a strong spirit.

For the mission's sake, our country's sake, and the sake of the men who carried the Division's colors in past battles -- who fought for life and never lost their nerve -- carry out your mission and keep your honor clear. Demonstrate to the world there is "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" than a U.S. Marine.
    Ooorah! Get some.

WHAT MOTIVATED ME THE MOST TO JOIN THE MARINES WAS HOW BAD ASS THEY ARE! AND THE DRESS BLUES HAD ALOT TO DO WITH JOINING TOO. WELL, THE REAL REASON I JOINED UP WAS THE DEEP HISTORY OF COMBAT ACTION AND THE BROTHERHOOD THAT CAME ALONG WITH IT. MARINES TRAIN HARDER, RUN FURTHER, PUSH FASTER, PULL HARDER, THAN ANY OF THE OTHER ARMED SERVICES, IF THATS NOT APPEALING TO A YOUNG MAN WHO WISHES TO PROVE OR CHALLANGE HIMSELF, THAN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. AT THE TIME ,"TO EARN THE TITLE" MENT THE WORLD TO ME, AS IT STILL DOES TO MOST ALL POOLEES. I WANTED TO BELONG TO THE MOST ELITE ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD, THATS WHAT MOTIVATED ME, O-YA AND THE RECRUITING COMMERCIALS KICKED ASS, PROPS TO THE MARINES PROMOTIONAL DEPARTMENT.

every single thing i know about the Marine Corps motivates me.
    the history, the pride, the cameraderie, the toughest training.
    as far as me wanting to kill that has to come from black hawk down. yea i know they're rangers but watching that movie makes my blood boil. makes me realize i cant stand around while sh*t like that happens.

Just that my brothers a marine. I was raised in a military family. Moms Air Force, Dad's retired Army SGT, Uncle's Navy, so I've got natural military blood in me.

Zippo man, killing is not cool, I know that the corps and movies hype death , but they dont show the reality of a mans concience who does the killing. althought killing is nessesary, often there is regret followed by a depression that can last for a long time. All im saying is I hope you or any other marine will never have to go throught that. Trust me.

I went to 8th and I. My G-fathers are Marines. My aunt is a Marine. I wanted the challenge and the title. AND Marines just kick ***!!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    My G-fathers are Marines. My aunt is a Marine.
    Well dang son! We have a place just for you on our yellow foot prints. What you do from there is up to you.

Im going because i like the shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot
    Im going because i like the shoes
    wait until you attempt to try and clean your desert boots.

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lovdog here! Non-Poolee classification. Answer is:
    1. 19 years old.
    2. Classified 1A.
    3. Do not like Army, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard, nor Merchant Marine.
    4. Was promised 3 squares a day that was all - in 5 minutes statement made
    by Recruiter was recinded - said he was sorry for that making that
    assumption and could not promise that either! I knew then that honesty
    was alive and well in the Corps!!
    5. Finally did something in my life that a "normal" person would not think of
    doing! And, did it on my own!
    6. Most people I knew told me I was crazy and I liked the warm fuzzy feeling
    of being in that special category!
    7. And - did not want to be DRAFTED!! Thats about it!!

Later!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovdog
    Lovdog here! Non-Poolee classification. Answer is:
    1. 19 years old.
    2. Classified 1A.
    3. Do not like Army, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard, nor Merchant Marine.
    4. Was promised 3 squares a day that was all - in 5 minutes statement made
    by Recruiter was recinded - said he was sorry for that making that
    assumption and could not promise that either! I knew then that honesty
    was alive and well in the Corps!!
    5. Finally did something in my life that a "normal" person would not think of
    doing! And, did it on my own!

6. Most people I knew told me I was crazy and I liked the warm fuzzy feeling
    of being in that special category!
    7. And - did not want to be DRAFTED!! Thats about it!!

Later!!
    Those are basically my reasons as well, accept to add the brotherhood, comradory, rich history and Corps Values, and especially since it was formed in a Tavern/Bar! Got to love that! No other armed services of the U.S have that on the Corps, and I'd want nothing else.

OORAH! Can't wait till those yellow footprints stare me in the eye!

The possibility of a second chance.

I remember the moment I realized I wanted to become a Marine. I was watching TV with my grandpa, who was wounded on Iwo Jima, on Sept. 11, 2001. All he kept saying was how wrong it was for someone to attack this great country, and how the Marines were gonna be kickin some a** soon. It just amazed me that even 60 years after going through hell for his country, he still had such patriotism and devotion to the Corps. I knew I wanted to be apart of that.

Thread Information