Pull Ups - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pull Ups

in reference to the "Armstrong Pull-up Program"

excellent resource. I will start in the morning. Thank you for the post

yes its a great program... the key is committment..... dont slack off on ANYTHING... try never to miss a day..... and if u do make it up... trust me ull be up there in no time

i was saddened this morning after my push ups when i realized that i dont have a pull up bar. I guess i will have to do one of those home-made ones. (im gonna die)

You can pick up a pullup bar from walmart or any local sports store. They hook up between the door with 2 mounting brackets and some screws. I believe you can find them for under 20 bucks.

Really? wow I never knew that! Ill check it out after work today. Thanks

No problemo.

Yea neither did I. Im rollin' over there after school.

i got one in my doorway (and a freestanding one)... but the doorway one was only 13 bucks.... good deal.... it holds like 400 lbs

Something that I altered about the program is that when I've done my last max-effort set of pushups, and I fall on the floor, I thin get up on my knees and do girl pushups until complete failure. I only do this on the 3rd set, but I think it has helped a lot completely failing my muscles.

Also, on my last set of pullups for the day(however many that is each day), after I've fallen off the bar, I jump up and grab the bar and try to hold myself up, until I've literally fallen off the bar again.

Just my way of making sure my body has completely had its ass kicked.

Credits
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by MKocher
    get up on my knees and do girl pushups until complete failure...

Just my way of making sure my body has completely had its ass kicked.

Methinks that your arse is going to be kicked as soon as some of our fellow, albeit distaff Marines read your post.

I love it, you asked for it. and I feel not the least bit sorry for you as you'll learn.

no what he said makes sense..
    its a technique my roomate told me.
    its called burning out... you get the best possible workout that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165

Methinks that your arse is going to be kicked as soon as some of our fellow, albeit distaff Marines read your post.

I love it, you asked for it. and I feel not the least bit sorry for you as you'll learn.

Just wait 'til Lorix sees that one...

That's what they always called them in gym class back in elementary school. Girl pushups are from your knees, man pushups are from your feet.

I'm dead aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by MKocher
    I'm dead aren't I?
    Death will be a sweet release compared to the wrath of a female Marine.

dont forget to get in a weight room and do lat pulls.... military presses... and curls.... ull see improvements fast... also pullups where u touch teh back of ur neck work parts of ur shoulders uve probably never worked before, trust me ull be sore after 3X10 of those.

Thread Information