Noncitizen sues to join Corps - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Chainsaw303 and PenguinPuncherr, you're both posting in the wrong forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Vova View Post
    I'm 19 and I am from Ukraine. I'd like to join USMC Infantry VERY MUCH but unfortunately I can't do it without Green Card. It's very hard to get a Green Card. It's not fair. If person really wants to join the MILITARY just let this person do it, if this person satisfy your requirments of course. Everybody needs just a chance to join.
    Go screw yourself. If you and the Mexican can't follow the rules outside of the Corps, how the hell can we trust you to follow them inside the Corps?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureBootLouie View Post
    Nothing here I can really argue with. You've made some pretty good points. I'm just sympathetic to the plight of those who do not have the means to come to this country via legal immigration, yet pursue a better life for their families.

Do I think immigration laws should be ignored? Of course not. But I think we could use a bit more compassion in our judgement in certain cases.

.......and the judgement can be found in the law. Letting one through any sort of exemption will open Pandora's Box. No thanks. They can come in the legal way or go back to the place where they came from.

Credits
    Savings
    Really? As if being a native born American or a Green Card immigrant lessens the chance that someone is a "hardcore murdering azzhole"?? Our of the murders and violent crimes committed in the US annually, how many were by illegal aliens and how many were by Americans?

This guy is trying to become legal by serving in the Corps. Shows how difficult it is to legally immigrate to this country, that his lawyer believes he has a better chance at fighting for his client to serve in the Marine Corps than to become a legal immigrant through other means.

This kid was brought to this country by his parents when he was 12. He did not ask to become an illegal alien. Now that he has lived in this country for most of his life and developed a loyalty to her, he wants to serve in the Marines, DURING A TIME OF WAR may I add, in order to pay his dues for a shot at the American dream.

You guys keep saying - its the law, rules are rules.

Perhaps think about it in Marine Corps terms? How many of you, as an NCO, SNCO or Officer, have ever bent the rules in some way, shape or form in order to take care of one of your Marines?

The guy wants to be a US Marine. Its not easy to get a Green Card. I had one, I know.

I first came to this country with my mother when I was 3, ever since then we traveled around the world, moving with my mother as her job demands.

There are several ways to immigrate to this country legally, its a complicated process but these are the general routes most take:

1. Marry an American
    2. Political Asylum/Refugee status
    3. Have a company sponsor you, which they will need to prove that you have a unique skill set not easily filled by an American, and apply for an H-1B work visa for you. If the work visa is granted, after a certain period the employer can sponsor you to apply for a Green card, but it is to the employer's benefit not to do this, as you cannot work anywhere else with an H-1B visa except the company of sponsorship, once you stop working for said company, you must leave the country, and employers can use that to blackmail their foreign employees.

Oh yeah, let me add that to obtain an H-1B visa you must hold a MINIMUM of a bachelor's degree.

4. L-1 visa for someone who wishes to come to the United States to take a manegerial or executive position in an American organization.

Now you tell me please, ladies and gentlemen, how does the average Joe (or should I say Jorge?) from Mexico who has nothing but the clothes on his back, his two hands and his indomitable spirit to work his butt off to provide for his family come to this country legally without an American to marry, without a college degree or professional skills, and without assets to invest??

With your values and morals wannabee LT, I sure hope you don't make it to wearing a uniform as an LT in my Corps.

If they wish to serve in the Corps or for that matter in any of the Armed Force let them come in legally there is NO reason to forego our immigration laws they work just fine I have to many family members as well as some friends who came here and were granted citizenship legally so any one who hires an attorney to sue the USMC to be a Marine but has not come to the coutry legally should be deported now.

Who digs up a thread from 2008??

I agree. If someone wants to serve. They should be allowed to. My father enlisted in the Corps when he immigrated here from Ireland. He got his citizenship while he served. So it should be anyone else, provided they meet the standard criteria whichever branch they choose to enlist in.

My own bootcamp experience comes to mind. We had a Russian defector in my platoon. He wasn`t a citizen when he enlisted and he turned out to be a good Marine and an upstanding U.S. citizen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MKearin View Post
    I agree. If someone wants to serve. They should be allowed to. My father enlisted in the Corps when he immigrated here from Ireland. He got his citizenship while he served. So it should be anyone else, provided they meet the standard criteria whichever branch they choose to enlist in.
    Did your father come here legally? I bet he did. As for the rest, What part of the word 'criminal' is so hard to understand? I don't care if this thread is 10 years old.

Citizen??

" We just want to be peaceful, law abiding citizens." Said Ghengis Khan. Ken

You`re absolutely right! I agree that if one crosses our borders illegally should not be permitted to enlist. They should at least obtain a visa just like my dad did.

I say let him serve. In fact, make it so all illegal aliens who have completed 4 years of honorable service in a combat arms MOS are immediately granted amnesty.

Kinda like a "starship troopers" deal.
    Why? So he is an ftap boatspace, and an American citizen that is prior service cannot get back in because ftap boatspaces are locked up by illegals looking for an easy path to citizenship? No way Jose (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by YutYut View Post
    Who digs up a thread from 2008??
    No attention to detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    Louie, it's understandable you feel passionate about these people, but please remember that no one asked them to come here. The parents of that child made a decision to break the law... the child has to live with that. Is it fair? No. But what is? Life is not fair and you can't go around trying to artificially make it fair. If these people really wanted to work so hard, they could do it in their home country. They could improve their own country instead of coming in illegally to ours.

There are plenty of people who would "risk life and limb" to get into the US and then do us great harm. Sure there are Americans who don't appreciate what they have. But.. they are Americans. It's as simple as that. I feel for the kid, but he doesn't have a place in the Corps till he has a legitimate green card. And I agree that the lawyer seems to be trying to make her name known rather than actually trying to get him legally into the country.

i would have to agree with the Capt. he may be an illegal but his parents brought him here. normally i would be for the deportation of illegals but this case has me going for him. he went to high school and if he has no history of crime that we know of then let him join. i know there is the what if factor but thats the same for anyone of you guys also me that joins the marines. so i say let him do it

Thread Information