Knee Update.
Create Post

Thread: Knee Update.

Knee Update.

Well Marines and future boots,

I figured now is a good time for my 'Knee Update,' seeing as though I haven't had one in a while. Last I mentioned the knee, it was most likely in a negative light...she still gives me a lot of grief and makes me wonder if returning to the Island in the future is a possibility, but I'm gonna push 'til that's not a thought and simply a fact (or not).

I lift weights 4-6 days a week, have been for the past year, and my leg routine consists of Squats, Leg Press, Hack Squats, Deadlifts, Extensions, and Curls. Not all exercises on one night, mind you, usually I throw it up a bit...but those are the mainstays. Currently my squat is maxed at 370 (if I recall), but it really can fluctuate. Presses are at 585 (with sled resistance). Hacks are my least done Squat simply due to the stress they can put on the knees, so I couldn't give a max for them, and I can't recall my deadlift maximum. As for extensions and curls the max on those doesn't matter much for joint strentgh, but suffice to say I'm not totally disappointed.

As for cardio, I'd be a liar if I said I was keeping on it like I did in the DEP. I haven't gone for a good run in a while, and my cardio routine generally consists of a short jaunt on the treadmill or some time on the eliptical prior to lifting. Running is still somewhat tough for the knee, there will be days where I can run and not feel anything and then there are others where it's definitely sending me a message. This is discouraging but I don't chalk it off as a reason to give up, just a reason to push on.

As for the official side of things, I've been in touch with recruiters off and on the past few months, just to check in, hear the voice of the Corps once in a while. I've been told that if I can get my knee good to go (to run a PFT), they'll work hard with me to push medical waivers through. They really seem to think Round 2 at the Island can happen.

It's my job to make sure it will.

Thanks for reading.

-Sullivan

I knew a SSgt over 30 years ago at Force Recon at Camp Pendleton who lost his leg at the knee and he passed the PFT with a prostetic(SP) and got to stay in the Corps and continued to jump from planes.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I've been told that if I can get my knee good to go (to run a PFT), they'll work hard with me to push medical waivers through. They really seem to think Round 2 at the Island can happen.

It's my job to make sure it will.
    Rest assured young man that the SCNOs and Officers of Recruiting Command will part the Red Seas and slay any dragon to give you another shot. Keep doing your part. We got your back!

Thread Information