Eagle Globe and Anchor Construction Project
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eagle Globe and Anchor Construction Project

If anyone knows how to make a good size Eagle Globe and Anchor or has a link on how too make one please tell me.. its my choice on my construction project and its worth 25% of my grade and its due in 3 weeks

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayAMarine
    If anyone knows how to make a good size Eagle Globe and Anchor or has a link on how too make one please tell me.. its my choice on my construction project and its worth 25% of my grade and its due in 3 weeks
    Can't be done in 3 weeks.

It takes a MINIMUM of three months.

From YELLOW FOOT PRINTS

to graduation

Sorry about your grade !!

At least three months of hard work, and the building materials will be some blood, gallons of sweat, many private tears, and total of 100% devotion to duty!!! When you put all these materials together inside one man, you will have your EGA.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!

ok thanks alot... im trying too be serious

the first idea i had in mine was too get a picture of it, put it on transparency paper get a 30' by 30' square sheet of wood, put the picture on an overhead and trace it on the wood and then cut it out with a drimmel tool and paint it... what do you guys think?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Just think of the components and see if you can assemble them together.

Any generic globe can be had for cheap. Cut a hole in some heavy cardboard to fit the globe. You then have a stable platform for the Eagle and Fouled Anchor.

Being a parent and having kids in school who always have projects. This sounds like good way to go. Remember to wear your safety goggles, what can I say, I'm a mom.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayAMarine
    ok thanks alot... im trying too be serious
    Just kidding with you kid! Wing has given you some very good advice on the subject, and there are others that have computer graphical experience on this board. I think that now that the playful stonewalling is over they may assist you with your project.

Take the ribbing in good nature. We all had to put up with it at sometime; it is a right of passage everyone goes through.

Try taking a photo, print to a transparency, project to a 4' X 8' piece of plywood and begin having fun with your Drimmel tool. ( I would recommend a saber saw, but then it's what ya got.) Give it your best and have fun.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    As your mind is getting this together, consider;

How much relief do you want it to have ??
    As in 3D, or flat with detail.
    Don't go so far that you cannot get it finished on time.

Pay attention to the colors you'll use.
    Crimson or Scarlet.... not just red
    Navy Blue or Royal Blue

Lace a real line (rope in civilian) through it.
    Heavy Jute may give good detail.

Now... for your POOLEE part !!
    What do EACH of the above represent ??
    Why the FOULED anchor ??
    Crimson ??
    Which Eagle is on the globe ??
    How much older is the Navy, than the Marine Corps ??

Enjoy !!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    OneDayAMarine-
    Who say's that the Eagle, Globe and Anchor has to be a seperate item? Can it be part of a total presentation?
    Find a piece of redwood 2' x 2' x 3" deep. Place a traced Eagle, Globe and Anchor, using any of the great ideas listed by one and all, in the middle of the 2x2 piece of redwood with masking tape. Take a nail and hammer holes about 3/4 of an inch all aound the outline of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, spaced about 1/4" apart. (I know that this will take time) Once that is done, create a frame or border within the 2'x2' piece of redwood by measuring 3 or 4 inches in from the edge of the 2 x 2 piece of redwood by using a pencil. Using the same nail hammer holes all around the frame. Once that is done, carve out the the 3/4" wood from the border all around the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Once that is done, start working, with your carving tools, on the Eagle Globe and Anchor. Once everything has been completed and you are satisfied you might consider filling the cut out space, or moat, between the Eagle, Globe and Anchor to the border with colored aquatic rock and then using some sort of polyurethane protection and sealant. I tried this method when I carved out a whale many many moons ago, actually before someone even landed on the moon. After everything is done a little brass like plate could be tacked on to your creation. The only colors you will need are those dealing with the aquatic rock. The redwood, when treated will have its own luster.
    Just an idea.
    Gary

The information above is most likely your best bet. I am taking my 4th semister of Technical Theatre now in High School, and I would do something like:

Get a peice of wood, basically any kind but thin wood is usually good. 2x2 can work as stated above. I would trace onto this wood an outline of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, using a pencil. Make the marks fairly light, you can't erase them afterwards if you cut a little rough if the marks are dark. I would then use a Jigsaw to cut out the Eagle, Glove and Anchor from the wood. Afterwards, you can paint any of the parts you wish.

I realize that you might not have access to a Jigsaw, nor know what it is, but if you do then this might prove helpful.

lol, i like your response mrbsox

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    Try taking a photo, print to a transparency, project to a 4' X 8' piece of plywood and begin having fun with your Drimmel tool. ( I would recommend a saber saw, but then it's what ya got.) Give it your best and have fun.
    HAHA thats what im doing... except its bigger than 4' X 8'

Thread Information