Unbelievably Motivated Now!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unbelievably Motivated Now!!!

hey im 16 and currently a Junior and Ive been wanting to join the Marine Corps for the longest time. Ive been working out hard for the last year , running all the time. well anyway today i saw a show on the history channel (favorite channel by the way) it was about Marines in Nasirhya it was called "Shootout" i dont know if anyone saw this but it was a great documentary on the battle. This gave me so much motivation to become a Marine, I CANT WAIT!!!

what are your thoughts on the program if you watched it??? did you think it did a good job portraying it???

Registered User Free Member A.P's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

up until you realize..

that you are going to be owned, your life will not be your own for another 4-5 years. Im in okinawa japan, this place is probably the best example of this. You wont realize how much lies have been fed, until you are one of us. take this to heart, because most of these guys on here are the ones that make normal marines want to puke.

wat... wat you just said... doesnt make any sense can you rephrase that? please... and im just talking about this show anyway... if youve seen it please post... not anything else please

Quote Originally Posted by A.P
    that you are going to be owned, your life will not be your own for another 4-5 years. Im in okinawa japan, this place is probably the best example of this. You wont realize how much lies have been fed, until you are one of us. take this to heart, because most of these guys on here are the ones that make normal marines want to puke.
    Your just down because your stuck on the rock. There isn't anything to do there. I know, I was there too. It gets a lot better when you get back stateside and you move up in rank. Don't let it beat you down.

Smalcom, I wouldnt put much faith in what Ol A.P. is trying to convey he is whining because of where he is.. I am not sure where you live, but a good thing to be a part of is Young Marines, I am not sure if they are in your area or not, keep your motivation, I dont know the program you are talking about, but watching bullets flying and have it going past you are 2 completly different worlds.. thats my 2 cents.. check out the Young Marines, keep your motivation, and NEVER EVER listen to people who tell you what you want is the wrong thing.. they will NEVER help you in any way.. and will only serve to drag you down..

A.P., rktect3j is right on the mark, and I would like to add one something, why would you want to rag the Corps to a guy who is asking about the Corps.. there was nothing balanced in what you said.. all rag and nothing but.. if you think your the first one to hate the Rock.. you might wanna think again.

thanks Nagalfar, i thought he was trying to turn me away... and there is no Young Marines within 500 miles of where i live... so im screwed in that aspect lol... but nothing will turn me away from the corps... nothing.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Bite my Red and Gold A$$ !!

I spent a year at Camp Hansen, and while it wasn't the best duty, it was TRAINING.
    Any duty station will yield what you put into it. You give it sh!t, that's what you'll get back.

As for Shootout; http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...light=Shootout
    Yep, I saw it. Plan on reading the book 'AMBUSH ALLEY'.
    A good of example of what CAN happen, and why TRAINING is so important.
    (Training A.P.... get it !!)
    And another chapter in the history of the United States Marine Corps. Even after all of the confusion, the fog, the trips back and forth thru town... they accomplished the missions... take and hold the bridges.
    Other Marines missions depended upon those bridges, and Marines died making sure they were available.

Stay motovated, focused, and in school.
    Make the grades.
    Try JrROTC. It doesn't HAVE to be Marine JrROTC. Any will still offer military bearing, history, study, guideance.

Terry

Terry

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yea I thought that was a great documentary.I am in the same situation im 16 in 10th (b-days late). I train everyday and am very very very commited. Why dont you Im me and we can talk. As to see we have the same interests.

LOL...

What a Load of CRAP AP

A.P that you are going to be owned, your life will not be your own for another 4-5 years. Im in okinawa japan, this place is probably the best example of this. You wont realize how much lies have been fed, until you are one of us. take this to heart, because most of these guys on here are the ones that make normal marines want to puke.

What a Load Of CRAP! L/Cpl why not try putting a little effort into the Corps. I've seen Pround Marines and I've seen Dis-Satified Marines but Young man your the first Marine I've ever known to publicly bad-mouth us without any respect what so ever.

Non-Hacker!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WTF A.P so your on the rock live with it, at least your sh!tbag ass isnt in a combat zone where your attitude would get good Marines killed. No one put a gun to your head to get you to enlist and affirm your oath and you were never promised a rose garden. Quit your whinning puss cake and serve your time like us in here that make you want to puke. Disrespect gets you disrespect.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don't hold back Jim! Tell him the way you feel! A bulletin board is a lot like a public restroom. Many people use it, some mess it up and **** all over it and some treat it with respect. A.P.,Telling someone else like a naive kid your problems suck! You signed the dotted line you raised your hand and swore or affirmed your allegiance to the Marine Corps,suck it up and dry the tears off your beer and get your head and ass wired together! What does A.P. stand for All ****ed?Smalcom,learn from this board,it has a lot of great knowledge to give you,also learn to filter thru the B.S. that is sprayed from some disgruntled souls mouth! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Just looked at his profile

Favorite Quote:
    "if you cut my throat, I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt".

Kinda sounds French

A.P. is a prime example of a Marine that had a pie-in-the-sky idea of the Marine Corps and when he got to the fleet he realized the Corps' not exactly the catalog that he read with all the "cool" pictures in it at the recruiter's office. Go to Burger King, get some straws, and suck it up A.P.

Sorry, Lou Zer pi**ed me off, got on a roll!!!!!!!

Thread Information