When Would George Washington Have Quit? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You do understand that I said we would have to get rid of the UN first. It is true we have not kept our countries we have taken, but in the years to come, alliances that are not even present as yet will come about! Watch and learn Grasshopper! Have Patience!

We didn't take Nam. What makes you think that "we have taken countries"?
    "Taken"? Na, we just go and fight till the gov gives up. So much for your "the world will be saved with one house (the US) theory.

JPC, you talk as if "we" were the big dog on the block. No really so anymore. China takes the lead with us in monetary support. They have weapons that can sink our naval fleets, they have more troops then we can make ammo to counter, and "we" gave them the ability to nuke the US.---(Thanks Bill). So if you think that the US is going to travel around the world and stomp the countries to put them "under our house" I think you may be wrong.
    Semper Fi Marine

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    JPC, you talk as if "we" were the big dog on the block. No really so anymore. China takes the lead with us in monetary support. They have weapons that can sink our naval fleets, they have more troops then we can make ammo to counter, and "we" gave them the ability to nuke the US.---(Thanks Bill). So if you think that the US is going to travel around the world and stomp the countries to put them "under our house" I think you may be wrong.
    Semper Fi Marine

And, the Soviets had more Armor and Combat divisions than we had, and more Bombers and fighters than we had; and, the Chinese have more men than we have, but they don't have one Naval Aircraft Carrier and they could not land a battalion anywhere outside of China; and, the Germans were stronger with better weapons; And, the Japanese were Fanatical Fighters sworn to die on their swords. and, and, and... And, we are still the Big Dog!

Give it a break GSO! The Chinese have forever been a land force confined to China and the area around China, hell, the Vietnamese pushed them back into China in their war with China in the 70s. They surrounded one American Marine Division with 10 Divisions in Korea and they still could not win, and they haven't been in a war since they were pushed out of Vietnam. I will say that the Chinese Government will have a hard time hanging on to power over the next five years, and China may revert back to the War Lord System, or to a democracy. I don't foresee any problems there. The Chinese philosophy is to absorb their enemies, to make their enemies Chinese, it always has been.

As far as Vietnam goes, we won ever battle, but the Democrat Congress turned their back on the allies we had in South Vietnam, and the service men that fought in that country, and they (Congress) lost that war with the Case-Church Amendment, not us. As it turned out, Vietnam was so beaten in that war that they went nowhere, and they fell behind the rest of the world by 30 years. They and North Korea stand as excellent examples of what happens to countries that oppose the USA. They fall behind the rest of the world, and our allies prospered like South Korea.

The thing is, we don't have to stomp any country once we have proven to the world, once again, that we have the resolve to stick it out. The USA military grew under Theodore Roosevelt, not because we were great military back then, but because we were seen as a military with a resolve to complete the mission. All we had to do was to send a warship into the harbor of an offending nation and all hostilities ceased.

The Democrats put the thought in the world's leaders that the USA could be beaten by their actions in the Vietnam war and in the Iran Hostage situation, not through military power could we be beaten, but through political power, and that is the reason why we are where we are today: In deep dog crap. That is why there was a 9/11.

The waving of a finger in the air and the tough words mean nothing if you are not willing to complete what you started.

I can see that your views are very the much the same as the rest of the Fanatical leaders I mentioned not some many replies ago. Every-one was bigger and had more equipment and were better trained and had all this, etc, etc, etc. The US will nver be able to hold the world under thumb.

GSO has a big point. China may be land bound but they can still travel across that land. We are not the big dog anymore. Our forces are spread to thin around the world. We wouldn't be able to haold back China if they decided to just beat us at your style of game. They may not at this time have everything needed. But you forget...neither did we at some point in our history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Carey
    And, the Soviets had more Armor and Combat divisions than we had, and more Bombers and fighters than we had; and, the Chinese have more men than we have, but they don't have one Naval Aircraft Carrier and they could not land a battalion anywhere outside of China; and, the Germans were stronger with better weapons; And, the Japanese were Fanatical Fighters sworn to die on their swords. and, and, and... And, we are still the Big Dog!

Give it a break GSO! The Chinese have forever been a land force confined to China and the area around China, hell, the Vietnamese pushed them back into China in their war with China in the 70s. They surrounded one American Marine Division with 10 Divisions in Korea and they still could not win, and they haven't been in a war since they were pushed out of Vietnam. I will say that the Chinese Government will have a hard time hanging on to power over the next five years, and China may revert back to the War Lord System, or to a democracy. I don't foresee any problems there. The Chinese philosophy is to absorb their enemies, to make their enemies Chinese, it always has been.

As far as Vietnam goes, we won ever battle, but the Democrat Congress turned their back on the allies we had in South Vietnam, and the service men that fought in that country, and they (Congress) lost that war with the Case-Church Amendment, not us. As it turned out, Vietnam was so beaten in that war that they went nowhere, and they fell behind the rest of the world by 30 years. They and North Korea stand as excellent examples of what happens to countries that oppose the USA. They fall behind the rest of the world, and our allies prospered like South Korea.

The thing is, we don't have to stomp any country once we have proven to the world, once again, that we have the resolve to stick it out. The USA military grew under Theodore Roosevelt, not because we were great military back then, but because we were seen as a military with a resolve to complete the mission. All we had to do was to send a warship into the harbor of an offending nation and all hostilities ceased.

The Democrats put the thought in the world's leaders that the USA could be beaten by their actions in the Vietnam war and in the Iran Hostage situation, not through military power could we be beaten, but through political power, and that is the reason why we are where we are today: In deep dog crap. That is why there was a 9/11.

The waving of a finger in the air and the tough words mean nothing if you are not willing to complete what you started.

Quote Originally Posted by junker316
    I can see that your views are very the much the same as the rest of the Fanatical leaders I mentioned not some many replies ago. Every-one was bigger and had more equipment and were better trained and had all this, etc, etc, etc. The US will nver be able to hold the world under thumb.

GSO has a big point. China may be land bound but they can still travel across that land. We are not the big dog anymore. Our forces are spread to thin around the world. We wouldn't be able to haold back China if they decided to just beat us at your style of game. They may not at this time have everything needed. But you forget...neither did we at some point in our history.
    I know that no one wants to think logically any longer, you most of all, but please tell me one reason why we would want to invade China? It is obviously not for the available land, because there is none! It is not for the any reason that I can Immagine off the top of my head. But, on the contrary, let us pose this question in a different prospective: Why would China want to attack the US? Again, it is not for the available land for its people! Secondly, the USA has already exhibited a desire to not want to die, and it will use any weapon at it disposal to see that it does not. The wake of suck a confrontation would not be acceptible to any Chinese Leaders that I know of.

The first question that one must answer one's self is what does the Chinese Government want? The immediate answer is more agricultural land for its people! Now, one must ask where would China go to find such lands? The answer is that they would not go East to find such lands, they would go west into the underbelly of the Russias, or north to the open plains of the Mongolia and The Russian Federation lands, or they would go south into the Indochina area of the Asian southeast. That may be the reason why they have not built up their fleets, because they would not need them.

The Chinese are a practical people, and they have had a rather bad history of foreign adventures. Even the character for their country means Middle Kingdom. Throughout their history China has always had buffers states along its borders to protect itself from the outside world. I really don't see them changing anything about their national character anytime very soon into History. The first rule of war is to know your enemies, and you do not.

JPC, I was just pointing out that there is a bigger doig than us on the block. Our bite might be more damaging at first but our strength will wear down quicker than the other bigger dog that not only has a biger mass than us but also an almost never ending river of blood to lose. When reading my replies do me a favor and don't try to read between teh lines. You won't find anything there. Once again though you try to turn my words against me in issuing an " attack from China" that we both know wouldn't help them in the least. Our Tactical bombs would rip them apart and our technology is way more advanced. But they have bodies to spare. We necessarily don't. From what I have read from you is that "we can hold what we take" and that is far from true. We don't have the man power for such an action nor would it be easily done. The rebelions that would surely follow would hand us our A$$es in a basket and we would be to weak in the end to defend what land we would have left. In pointing out the other rulers who thought those same lines as yourself and approiately pointing out the outcome maybe was a little unfair to you. I will apologize for any offence I may have cause you. But Histroy is still history and we can't change it. Attila the hun was a very strong leader and choose to " rule the world " when all there was was swords and such items to fight with. His reign of terror ended before he could meet his dream. Hitler thought that once the Japanese entered the War that they would grow to be a weakened nation and he would be able to walk in and take them over in the end...it never got that far thank GOD. Romans tried to defeat all lands and conquered nations. Once they got fat and happy these same nations rose up and beat the sh%$ out of them. greece did the same...only they grew greedy between themselves more so than the romans did and while they fought themselves for power the nations they conquered rose up and tore them apart. Our nation is strong and will hopefully always be. But for us to issue a " New World Order " and us run the world...it will never happen no matter what we use to conttrol them. Either we would destory everything trying or they would become to strong for us by causing us to fight on to many fronts or they would dwindle us down and cinquer us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Carey
    I know that no one wants to think logically any longer, you most of all, but please tell me one reason why we would want to invade China? It is obviously not for the available land, because there is none! It is not for the any reason that I can Immagine off the top of my head. But, on the contrary, let us pose this question in a different prospective: Why would China want to attack the US? Again, it is not for the available land for its people! Secondly, the USA has already exhibited a desire to not want to die, and it will use any weapon at it disposal to see that it does not. The wake of suck a confrontation would not be acceptible to any Chinese Leaders that I know of.

The first question that one must answer one's self is what does the Chinese Government want? The immediate answer is more agricultural land for its people! Now, one must ask where would China go to find such lands? The answer is that they would not go East to find such lands, they would go west into the underbelly of the Russias, or north to the open plains of the Mongolia and The Russian Federation lands, or they would go south into the Indochina area of the Asian southeast. That may be the reason why they have not built up their fleets, because they would not need them.

The Chinese are a practical people, and they have had a rather bad history of foreign adventures. Even the character for their country means Middle Kingdom. Throughout their history China has always had buffers states along its borders to protect itself from the outside world. I really don't see them changing anything about their national character anytime very soon into History. The first rule of war is to know your enemies, and you do not.

Thread Information