Lcpl in 4 days out of boot camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lcpl in 4 days out of boot camp

Im should be picking up LCpl this week and ive been out of boot camp only 4 days

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pfc,

I would be very interested in finding out how you can make LCpl so quickly after recruit training. Is it contractual? If it is do you have it in writing?

probably got 2 people to enlist while he is on boot leave... You can get a promotion that way (I'm trying to do that right now but I'm on Recruiter's Asst.

Sad, what does that have to do with leadership?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    greensideout,

That's my question too...!!! Curious how this will pan out.

Semper Fidelis

Registered User Free Member PFC HYATT CR's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    yeaqh i was told by my recruiter too that if you get one person to join on your ten days leave after boot that you get LCpl. i thought about doing that but decided against it cause ive only been out of bootcamp since 30 sept last friday and really dont think that ive earned the right to be a LCpl yet. i think you other pfc's should do the same and serve your 6-8 months time and earn it

Yes I got 2 on leave and I did earn them I got the 2 to enlist, they were NOT given to me

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Get Some Poster Boy

Congratulations Brandon I know that it is not an easy task to find and get two people to enlist so I think you may make a heck of a recruiter one day. In my estimation you have definitely earned it and shown leadership in doing so. OORAH!!!

Semper Fi

odc25: Congratulations on this accomplishment.

Anyone that can get two recruits while on Boot Leave has definitely EARNED Lcpl.

He's not just sitting back and relaxing...he's recruiting.... Working for the Corps! It benefits the New Marine and it benefits the Corps, no harm in that.

What the hell do you mean serve your time. I was promoted to Corporal before my 12 month mark. I guess I should have waiting two to three years like all my peers, right? That's BS. If its out there, go get it. The Corps knows what its doing. Make sure once you pick up your rifles you keep on moving forward. Usually a lot of Marines drop their pack there for some damn reason. Go after your next strip/and blood stripe. Don't let anyone hold you down.

"I'll pick it up the right way...wait your 6-8 monthes." have some damn sense of purpose.

Oh yeah, and I didn't get it by getting people to enlist.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I've forgotten the exact words, but remember the Promotion Warrants?
    To all who shall see these presents, greeting!
    Know ye that reposing special faith and trust in the fidelity's and abilities of Brandon, I do here by promote him to the rank of Lance Corporal...
    If The Old Man says Brandon earned Lance Corporal, I believe him.

Congratulation Marine!

JOB WELL DONE. CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION, THE NEXT ONE WILL BE A LITTLE HARDER TO EARN. NOT SAYING YOU DID'NT WORK HARD ON YOUR RECRUITING BUT THAT NCO STRIP IS A BIGGY SO GETTER DONE AND GOOD LUCK.

good to go, my appointments no showed when i was on boot leave...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Question now is how many Cpl's and above will be there to ensure that your Crossed Rifles will stay tacked on?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dont worry Wing, Brandon will be at MCB Camp Pendleton for SOI and I have a nasty habit of checking on the welfare of my pups turned Marines. Those Crossed Rifles will definately stay tacked on believe that. I love tradition.

Semper Fi

Thread Information