Marine in Uniform at DC Anti-war Protest? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Dont Let The De - Motivators Take Ya Down

Originally posted by jinelson
    Meyer I hear you loud and clear brother what you see is the reason that I left my reserve unit when I served as a non obligore in HQ Co 23rd Marines. As a SNCO I didnt pack the horse power to to make things right so I excercised my non obligore status and said later. Yeah I quit, please dont make that same mistake even if you could. Only you can make a difference brother its not easy or pretty but if you feel strongly enough its something that needs done. You know the chain and channels now so get er done brother you will like the changes that you may see. Good Luck to ya bro.

Semper Fi

Jim
    Man jinelson,that situaton sucks...it's frustrating. If you would have tried to do something I bet you would have been considered a pain in the butt a$$hole wannabe hardcharger when all you were doing was trying to uphold the standards. Man that ticks me off.
    BTW what is this non obligore stuff.(just curious)
    Semper Fi.

This is just the reason i make comments about the Old Corps and the New Corps.. When i was in if you even looked wrong at an NCO your arse was grass. And lord help your arse if you had to go see the Sgt (E5) . And give your arse to god if you where in front of a staff NCO your arse was going to the brig. Inspections every day of your living area and it better be spotless and it was squadbays then. spitshine boots and shoes every night no dang patton leather was allowed and brass better shine too. Musters every morning with inspection and if you failed you didnt have liberty that night. Rank was not easy to get either there was no such thing as a lance Corporal under 2 years service in the old Corps and to make Corporal usually was 3 to 4 years service unless you where combat promoted. The Marine Corps needs to go back to some of the old ways it was alot better. Buttom line you want to be the best there is then be ready to learn from the best, and you wont learn it from a week-end warrior ladies and gentlemen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HRS- I'm gonna take exception to what you're saying. Guess what? Us "weekend warriors" comprise over half of the operating forces in Iraq right now. There's no such thing as a "weekend warrior" anymore. Just because I'm not in cammies every day doesn't mean I stop being a Marine. PT, MCIs, Uniform and Gear Maint, Admin BS, Getting put on hot standby and then stood back down just as fast, getting orders on 12 hours notice, except we do all this while maintaining a full-blown "other life." It ain't as easy as you'd think, and I guarantee you that I'm a DAMN SIGHT more professional than some of the sh*tbags in the activce forces. I've got my sh*t wired tight and I keep it that way, and so do the Marines I'm fortunate enough to serve with. In fact, it was a bunch of us "weekend warriors" leading the pack at MCT, and not all of us had spent time in a unit either. Us "weekend warriors" are actually deployed BEFORE most of the active duty forces, so as not to disrupt what's already in place. It's standard practice. And apparently someone thinks "weekend warriors" are a better example than an entire company full of active duty Marines, 'cause we took home the only CERTCOM and 5 out of the 8 meritorious masts out of Fox Company @ SOI. Is this cocky? Probably- it's how we're supposed to be. I've gotten my ass chewed for sh*t when I deserved it, and that's good to go, but Marines don't take sh*t they don't deserve. Respectfully, Corporal, you sound a lot like the NCOs that f*cked Marines from my unit over out in the Desert- "I ain't promoting no d*mn weekend warriors..." or "nasty f*cking reservists*" Bullsh*t.

Registered User Free Member jjme9's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Most of the Marines today are as good or better then the Marines I served with as a PFC. You could tell what rank a SNCO was in his civilian clothes by the girth of his beer belly. Most of the present day Marines are terrific. Just look at what our Marines are doing in Iraq.

Originally posted by jjme9
    Most of the Marines today are as good or better then the Marines I served with as a PFC. You could tell what rank a SNCO was in his civilian clothes by the girth of his beer belly. Most of the present day Marines are terrific. Just look at what our Marines are doing in Iraq.
    I guess there is a fine line between a good Marine in garrison and a good Marine in combat, Master Gunnery Sergeant.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I emailed the event photographer and asked her to verify the photo - the reply I received was:

"I can't tell you anything about that image. I've never seen it before and did not take it." - Diane Lent

Enviro, That sort of nails my case for me about rumor control, and believing everything one hears, or in this case sees.

But, now that you have seemed to have provided some sort of proof that the photo may be as I have always claimed "another event or something at a different time and place, perhaps even altered" I have a different delema at hand. How is it I can trust what you have said to be the truth as well?

You do see where it is I am coming from do you not?

I am sure that where ever this Marine is that his command has seen and investigated the pisture. In the end justice will be served whether the photo is legitimate or not.

Registered User Free Member Cheezballz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    tHAT PUNK IS JUST A BOOT WHO GOT ROUGHED UP IN BOOTCAMP AND WANTS OUT, HE ONLY HAS 1 RIBBON!!! NOT EVEN THE NEW GWOT SERVICE! WHICH IS GIVEN TO FLEET MARINES NOW! HE HAS DONE NOTHIN IN THE MARINE CORPS BUT PUT A BIG X ON HIS BACK, I KNOW FOR SURE HE'LL GET IT IN THE HALLWAYS OR THE s**TTERS

HAS THIS GUY BEEN IDed? WHO IS HE WHERE IS HEWHERE IS HE FROM OR DID HE BUY THE BLUES AT A SURPLUS STORE?

Again, you guys sound like old ladies! No proof, no crime! What we have here is a Marine telling some demonstrators to move to another location away from an event. For the record, not all Marines are FMF, some are Barracks Marines, and other duties. I have already noted what appears to be another Blues barracks cover in the crowd. Why can't it just be a Young Marine doing his duty and shooing away protestors?

When I buried my Dad at Arlington, we were placed under the same kind of tent to protect us, and my Dad's remains, from the sun.

Is this the only exercise you guys get now days, jumping to conclusions, and running off at the lip?

SORRY JOE, KIND OF THOUGHT WE WERE SAYING THE SAME THING.

I got an Idea, we can make wanted posters with his mug and disburse the throughout the Fleet....If he is a Marine, but the situation was totally innocent, or fabricated, let it go...If he is a Marine and he was protesting, we take him to the *treeline...If he's not a Marine but a nasty civillian poser, we take him to the treeline...

*treeline: what we used to tell sh#tbirds where we were going take them to give them an attitude adjustment, or where disputes were settled between Marines.(at least in my batallion)

Actually Speakeasy, I was defending the Marine in the photo, because we are all jumping to conclusions in this matter. There is no proof that the Marine was willingly at a demonstration. The antiwar crowd did not use the photo in their photo package, and you know they would have!

What I am trying to do is to show the young Marines and the future Marines that not all is as it is seen, and that Rumors destroy perfectly good people, and they create morale problems.

It has been fun watching the reaction to the photo, but it got out of hand after a while, and we are condemning this poor young lad, where he may have done nothing wrong at all! We are taking someone's word for the fact that this is a photo taken at a demonstration in Washigton, DC, while it may have been taken any day at a place like Arlington Cemetery. Please note that the initial offering does not say he was participating in the demonstration at all.

I think the thing was placed in the thread to see what kind of reactions would be forthcoming from men that are trained to recognize a situation and react to it.

Originally posted by Joseph P Carey
    I am not so sure that he has the right to do this in uniform! I believe that he has the right to protest, but not as a iniformed member of the Armed Forces, only as a citizen. You guys seem to forget that the US Military is not a democracy! You do not have some of the same freedoms as does the general public to trash the Uniform of the US Military.

So JPC, who got sucked in first? You can't have it both ways.

Thread Information