uh oh - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uh oh

Originally posted by immaproshooter
    he got a tattoo on his bicep of the Confederate flag has southern written above it and pride written below it
    I bet a good tatoo artist could easily turn it into an American flag.

Registered User Free Member KingDonkeyPunch's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I didnt think that a confederate flag was out of marine corps standards. I mean, how many marines from texas have their state flag inked somewhere on them with some sort of "Texas Pride" thing? I know many a marine that have the "stars and bars" tatted on them. I myself have a huge iron cross tat that caps my shoulder and not one person has ever said a thing about it. I guess that really isnt the same thing.

Shouldn't he be fine as long as it doesn't show up when wearing alpha's (at least I think it's alpha's)?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The deal is this young man has already been put into the delayed entry program. As I stated before on these posts I don't know anything about the DEP except from what I have read on these military sites so I am not going to say that I do know. However,I would venture to say from what I have read that there has been numerous postings and warnings about getting tattoos and keeping ones nose clean before shipping off to a MCRD. Excuses of covering up with alpha's and changing the ink to something else are just that excuses. In this fragile time of the world and nation a confederate flag would hold controversy, in my opinion. Although the intended meaning and the history may be considered a pride thing.

I am quite certain from asking questions of the local recruiter here in town that all young men and women are screened and checked for tattoos that are on the body at the time of first going to see the recruiter. It is also advised at that time don't get anymore or don't get one until later in your career if one at all. Again from the original posters age,I may be wrong but his peer group and buddies are not able to drink legally. Again I may be remiss in saying this but thats two strikes. The third would be not coming straight with integrity and telling the recruiter and getting this matter taken care of. If he does not come straight now and obey the regulations now just go back and see the tattoo artist and have him put ink dots from ear to ear then tattoo above in nice block letters "CUT ON THE DOTTED LINE!"

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Heh another one lost to stupidity of tattoo choices... No telling howmany people my RSS has to turn down because they have a tattoo on their back that goes too high or a tattoo that goes too far on arm. I know of at least 3-4 that came in when I was in DEP.

Originally posted by Accord
    Shouldn't he be fine as long as it doesn't show up when wearing alpha's (at least I think it's alpha's)?
    It's usually supposed to be that it can't show up when dressed in PT gear but some recruiters just use the Charlie shirt as a guide instead. This is only to see if the enlistee needs a waiver or not for his/her tattoo.

Because of the DEP issue, you may just be ass-out. I know for a fact that there are Marines out there with stars and bars tats though, I went to boot camp with several. The only issue is getting waivers and keeping them on the right part of your body (not visible in PT gear)

Thread Information