WWII Vets
Create Post

Thread: WWII Vets

WWII Vets

I'm trying to find someone who might have known my dad when in was in the service.
    He was in the Fourth Marine Raider Battalion
    Unit 'HQ" Company
    He fought under Lieutenant Colonel James Roosevelt

My dad died when he was only 60 years old and I only heard him talk about the war once. There are alot of things I would like to know. I would love to talk to someone that was in the war with him.

His daughter,
    Jackie (Sexauer) Pendergast

e-mailaddress jpendy@frontiernet.net

My dad was Frank Sexauer

Sure hope someone can help. Thanks

Good Luck to you with you search.

Re: WWII Vets

Originally posted by Pendy
    I'm trying to find someone who might have known my dad when in was in the service.
    He was in the Fourth Marine Raider Battalion
    Unit 'HQ" Company
    He fought under Lieutenant Colonel James Roosevelt

My dad died when he was only 60 years old and I only heard him talk about the war once. There are alot of things I would like to know. I would love to talk to someone that was in the war with him.

His daughter,

e-mailaddress jpendy@frontiernet.net

My dad was Frank Sexauer

Sure hope someone can help. Thanks
    Dear Ms Pendergast,

Perhaps this site will help you more than any other. It is membership in the Raiders site, opened to children and widows of Raiders. While a member of the site, you may very well be able to speak to men that served with your Dad! Remember these men are all in their 80's now!

My Dad was a Marine FO for Artillery during WWII, and once was assigned to a Raider unit for Artillery support. He said, after serving with the Raiders, "I felt sorry for the Japanese that met these men!" That was one hell of a complement from my Dad!

Thank you for the use of your Dad! We all appreciated his service and the men like him.
    http://www.usmarineraiders.org/application.html

Mr. Cary,
    Thank you so much for the infomation you gave me. I really appreaciate it. I will let you know what I find out.

Sincerly,
    Jackie

JAMarine,
    Thank you for your thoughts. I hope and pray I will find someone.

Thread Information