Allowing Homosexuals Would Boost Military Recruitment, Group Argues - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by tntmondy
    Why do gay's feel the need to proclaim their sexuallity. I don't have to tell people I am hetrosexual, why must they tell everyone and anyone who will listen that they are gay?
    Did you ever brag to your boys about the tail you got over the weekend? If you have then you were proclaiming your heterosexuality.

Well ladies and gents i am with Thatfemale on this one we dont need no gays what so ever in the military.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The fabulous uniforms and that brand of bonding did not ensure that Sparta remained.

Our proven Esprit de Corps gives us the bonding needed for victory.

...and WOW, hrscowboy is agreeing with Thatfemale!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Me thinks eddief is a closet gay....he seems to defend them pretty vociferously.....hmmmmmmmmm.....just an observation...

Eddief,
    I am a 22 year Chief of the Coast Guard and having spent over 12 years deployed on SHIPS! While I cannot speak for my Navy brothers and sisters I am almost sure there were no Gays on ships I served on. Being a Gunnersmate and having a son in your proud outfit (3/7 India at 29 Palms) we are not currently serving with gays. However letting folks "hook up" promotes adultery (not allowed) promotes moral debasing-not allowed, promtes lack of morale character, something the services pride them selves in. This is not some "new age event" or "expirement" like some of our elected officials think. We have rules for a reason as I am sure you have learned in your young life. Having rules are what makes this real for personnel like me who have devoted most of their lifes to defend the freedoms we enjoy. Hooking up and having gays in the service were not on my enlistment contract. By the way being married for over 20 years and suffering long deployments one is allowed to be sexually frustrated pain in the ass. That's what coming home is for!

david fox
    I respect your opinion.

I'm not calling for homosexuals to openly serve. We're obviously as a society not ready for that.

Hey eddief, show some repsect would you, you dont have to respect the man but you damn well have to respect the rank.. ease up.. face it, in this matter of allowing gays in our Corps, it will never fly, no one else here seems to be like you.. and I doubt that is going to change, I for one hope that is does not change, it is a matter of TRADITION.. remember tradition? it is one of the corner stones of our Corps.. leave it alone brother..

I deleted the post, Nagalfar. He aint ****ing worth it.

Originally posted by eddief

Then the problem is not with gays but with homophobic psychos who most likely are insecure with their own sexuality.
    No! The problem is with the UCMJ, and it is correct and unbias, no outward homosexuality, as well as no adultery, as well as no fraternizaion. Don't make it any more than what it is! Besides, I have never been one to go along with creating special classes of citizens with special rights and protections over another class of citizens.

Originally posted by eddief

Did I say anything about fraternization and adultery? I'm talking about hooking up the way us heterosexuals hook up. We go to the bar or club or wherever the chicks are at. It's the same for homosexuals.

A trooper shouldn't have to worry about the MPs catching him or her at a gay bar. As long as they are not in uniform they should be left to be who they are, unless you expect them to be celibate. Joseph. Personally, I wouldn't want to work with someone who is sexually frustrated. They are grumpy jerks who are a pain in the ass.
    The adultery comes from the availability of service wives and other servicemen and women, just because they are off duty does not make it out of bounds for the UCMJ, the same with Homosexuality, if they can not remain celebate for the years they are in, they should not be in the service. Sometimne it is a long time between Liberty ports or R&R. They knew the rules when they joined. It isn't like it was a surprise for them.

Got ya, Joe. You have your opinion and I have mine. We can agree to disagree. Good night.

Well hell i guess i am guilty of adultry then i was always picking up some Navy guys wife while he was out to sea... Never thought about it I guess... oh well you all know the saying.. aint no sense in going home Jodys got your girl and gone... hahahaha

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hrscowboy,
    I am truly appalled at the way you have conducted your life.
    Technically speaking, you can be guilty of adultry all you want. It's okay! Just don't ever commit adultery. LMAO
    By the way, how are the "guys" doing?

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We had some guys "come out of the closet" before we came to Afghanistan. One I think tried it to get out of the deployment, but the other one I truly believe is gay. The ridicule and and torment these Marines go through is unbelievable. As a Sergeant I cannot allow it, atleast in my presence. But these Marines are branded now and there is no way to reverse that. The other Marines don't respect or trust them, which is not good for the mission. If it wasn't for the needs of the battalion as far as bodies go, these Marines would have been dropped and transitioned out.

I truly do not believe gays should be allowed in the military, atleast in combat related fields. We live together in the same hooches, and it's open showers, the last things these Marines need is to worry about some F in' homo, coming from behind and showing him the long end of his swagger stick.

CPLRaposa....
    You've got to be kidding.
    When is the last time you (or anyone else here) had "to worry about some F in' homo, coming from behind and showing him the long end of his swagger stick."
    ANY Marine would really have to be desperate to get discharged (dishonorably) or beaten to a pulp to pull such a stunt !!
    I've heard this crap ("don't drop your soap") over & over again.
    Furthermore, to group homosexuals (male or female) with pedophiles and homocidal maniacs is wrong.

I fully back the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
    Gays have served and will continue to serve honorably. Some have made careers in the Armed Forces of this country. The vast majority of these men & women did so without ever acting inappropriately.
    None here can really believe that homosexuals would join the Armed Services to benefit from a "target rich" environment. All of us are aware of the consequences of such behavoir including gays who would not knowingly put themselves in a situation where daily bodily harm and humiliation would be the result.

Those few that would are rare.

No matter your sexual orientation, you join to serve your country.....period !!
    If this is not your mind set then you don't belong. I don't care who you sleep with.

I spent 6 1/2 years in the Corps. I never had another Marine come on to me or act inappropriatly. I knew a few Marines who I thought might be......but that never had any effect on my moral or performance as a US Marine.

Thread Information