Dog Tags
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog Tags

Dog Tags

Hey just a quick question, when do recruits recieve their dogtags? And is that something we have to pay for or do we get issued them

You are kidding, Are you not?

Oh man... im a new poolee but know way more than to ask that question. But, Joseph Carey, be nice to us poolees!!
    Whatever happened to poolees talking to their recruiters?
    SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Fair Question For A Poolee

Poolee USMCRCTFORSTER always remember that the only stupid question is the one not not asked, that said, your dog tags are issued and will be provided free of charge to you. But also remember this you must first prove yourself worthy of wearing them.

Registered User Free Member KingDonkeyPunch's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You do have to pay for them. Through 13 weeks of blood, sweat, tears, and sore muscles. You also get them after all the debt is paid off, dose that answer your question poolee?

Yes, and that does seem like an obvious question that i should have known the answer to, however, i have found other matters to be more pressing than that of dogtags. I appreciate it however, as i was curious. btw SSgt Nelson...who made that graphic for you? I do graphic design and like that sig...nice work to whom ever made it.

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know how it is now, but when I was there Marines wore ID tags. Dogs and army wore dog tags. Same with fighting holes.

dg

Well, Marines are Devil Dogs....so i guess dog tags would be fitting, lol

A hole is a hole, doesn't matter if its fighting, fox or azz. (unless it's whole)

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Fair Question For A Poolee
    always remember that the only stupid question is the one not not asked,
    Jim, I 99.9% of the time agree with you as far as the Poolee Hall Forum is concerned. But this time I beg to differ. It has always been said that "the only stupid question is the one not asked."

In my lifetime of dealing with Marines and civilians,I have heard a whole lot of stupid questions,some denote sane answers and some rate stupid answers. However I will agree that this was a sensible question. All in life have asked stupid questions and all have more than likely received stupid answers.

USMCRCTFORSTER,you will get dog tags issued in boot camp if you are allergic to a medicine or something besides work you will also be issued a red allergy tag,hang on to them,don't give them to the girl back home. Same with the I.D. card.When you get to the FMF there is usually an antique dog tag making machine somewhere in the regiment,but few and far between.Then you have to make statements on how they were lost ect. and have it signed by your NCOIC,same with the I.D. card.

Old Marine ,
    A hole is a hole, doesn't matter if its fighting, fox or azz. (unless it's whole)
    Stupid Question: "are fox or azz related if it's on the same being?"

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

I 100% agree with the only stupid question is the one not asked. Poolee you remember that through boot camp and when you get to the fleet. Remember the more knowledge you have the more it will help you when you get to Iraq.....Oh yeah by the way ...thats where youre going, so remember that , when you think that maybe its a dumb question and you dont want to ask what an IED is..

Semper Fi

When you recieve your dog tags should be the least of your worries!!!

you will get them the last couple of days you will put them in your srb and wear them after you leave or if your lucky the last day or two. It all depends on your Drill Instructors.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    outlaw3179 ,

I 100% agree with the only stupid question is the one not asked. Poolee you remember that through boot camp and when you get to the fleet. Remember the more knowledge you have the more it will help you when you get to Iraq.....Oh yeah by the way ...thats where youre going, so remember that , when you think that maybe its a dumb question and you dont want to ask what an IED is..

Phantomblooper,

In my lifetime of dealing with Marines and civilians,I have heard a whole lot of stupid questions,some denote sane answers and some rate stupid answers. However I will agree that this was a sensible question. All in life have asked stupid questions and all have more than likely received stupid answers.

Above remark still stands.....Stupid questions/Stupid answers.In my days ask a drill instructor stupid question..get pitted or trashed.

"Life is hard enough,it's even harder when you are stupid." John Wayne

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Uhhh yeah.....tell me that if one of my Marines comes up to me and asks me a question that I might think is stupid, I should beat him or make him feel dumb.
    Negative.
    My Job as an NCO is to teach my Marines what I know , not to keep the information to myself. My job is to try pass on the knowledge I know , to my younger Marines. This is how we keep our traditions alive. This is also how we keep our Marines alive.
    The poolee did ask a question which I do admit was not a matter of National Security , and although it may not be important to you or I , it is to him.
    Tell me that asking dumb questions does not save lives. Tell me that young pfcs dont sometimes catch the mistakes senior Marines make.
    It is your job as senior Marine to teach the younger ones everything from the importance of hygiene to how to properly set up a squad in a defensive perimeter.
    But if you want to be the Marine that hoardes all the information, you can also be the Marine that has to explain why your Marine was killed because he didnt know the challenge and password for the night. All because he didnt want to ask because he thought it was a dumb question .

Semper Fi

Thread Information