Dog Tags - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog Tags

I'll buy that! There are still a lot of Marines out there that don't know what the s,m,l stamp on the tag means! Mine has a s stamped in....i think it means Special! LOL

Lol...this is what I love about the Marines. The only reason myself and Phantom were discussing , note, not arguing is because thats what we as Marines are instilled to do. Look out for our juniors and make sure that the mission is accomplished.
    Semper Fi Phantom !
    and by the way poolee you will get them when you earn them . and then you can get them tattood wherever you want as long as it in regs.
    I got mine on my ribs ...

Semper

Originally posted by Namvet67
    I'll buy that! There are still a lot of Marines out there that don't know what the s,m,l stamp on the tag means! Mine has a s stamped in....i think it means Special! LOL
    I too had an S on mine, and I always thought I had a pretty large face. Someone would have to have a head like a basketball to rate a large. But than again, it could be a code to the Corpsmen: S = save, M = Make an effort, and L = Later, dude, I have to go, there is an S down. :-) Of course I am joking, Corpsmen never paid attention to anything, except the men that were in need of their assistance in front of them, no matter what the circumstances or the personal danger to themselves. If God could not save us, the Corpsman would give it his best effort to prove him wrong!

Registered User Free Member Sgt Ski 2/7's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    when I was in ..way after you 88 to 96...we put them in our boot laces. I got the meat slab story from my old 1st Sgt . He was a salty SOB from Vietnam and a tunnel rat. I noticed his info tattooed under his arm and that is where I got it from took me about a year to ask him...
    Chesty Bless 1st SGt Johnson 7th Marines

Gee wiz, you poolees here ask too many questions...just go to bootcamp and find out already. When I enlisted the only thing I was told was were to be and not to bring anything.

I agree with Cpl Leon. I went into the Marines to be a Marine! If they wanted me to stand duty on a Ship, I was going to stand duty on a ship; if they wanted me to drive a truck, I would have been driving trucks; and, if they wanted me to be a cook, I would have been a cook. No matter what I did in the Marines, first and foremost, I would have been a Marine!!!

You guys act like you should bring a lawyer with you to Boot Camp. To quote the less educated: "It ain't that simple! First, you have to become a Marine, before you can be anything else."

There is History, and Tradition, and Discipline, and basic skills one must learn to be a Marine, and you will not learn these things worrying about your contract all the time! If things don't work out for you, you will be out in four years, if you like it, you will be out in 20. Either way, you get out with the title, and the bragging rights that go with it.

Quote: "It ain't everybody that can be a Marine, just the best!"

Exactly Cpl Carey, I went in open contract. I knew nothing...graduted Hard charging and motivated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: Dog Tags

Originally posted by USMCRCTFORSTER
    Hey just a quick question, when do recruits recieve their dogtags? And is that something we have to pay for or do we get issued them

THIS IS WHY YOU'RE A BOOT...YOU S*IT BIRD !!...WHO IN THE HELL YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TOO ? WHAT, DID YOUR MOTHER GIVE YOU BRAINS OR WERE YOU MADE THIS WAY ? YOU GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 50 NO, DO THEM UNTIL I TELL YOU TO STOP BOOT !!! NOW MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, GET DOWN ON THE GROUND BOOT.

however that question could get you the nick name "dog tag" and you'll have it the rest of your life

I agree with Outlaw about teaching young Marines. That is a big problem with our young NCO's today...they don't want to pass on information to those younger Marines.
    Here's a thought; maybe Carey didn't know the answer!
    Mastergunz

Smile

S- small. head is small with nothing to fit in it.

M- medium head with some room but more air

L- large head, small brain, shake it and listen

EXLG- ha ha, big ego

Originally posted by Mark Gordon
    I agree with Outlaw about teaching young Marines. That is a big problem with our young NCO's today...they don't want to pass on information to those younger Marines.
    Here's a thought; maybe Carey didn't know the answer!
    Mastergunz
    Truthfully Master Gunny, I would doubt that! The Recruit asked a question that needed no answer! When the Recruit hits Boot Camp, he will not see the outside of a Marine Corps Base until Graduation, or release from the service, or until he has to take emergency leave for some unforeseen reason. In either case, the Corps will provide him with whatever information and identification he or she needs before he or she ever leaves that base. The Marines brand their own, and they identify their own for all to know. Hell! The Master Gunny knows that it is a strong contention in Boot Camp that, "They ain't Marines until we say they're Marines," and they stick to that thought pattern all through training, or the Marine Corps has changed a great deal from when I was released because of my wounds, and I seriously doubt that.

If a young Marine has a question it is your responsibilty to answer it ! I dont care how salty or how long youve been in the Corps. your younger Marines are a direct representation of yourself , and more importantly they are in your charge.
    Dont be that Marine that has all this information wether it be simple or important and keep it all to yourself. Not only do the traditons of the Marine Corps depend on it , but more importantly the lives and the welfare of your Marines are depending on you.

Originally posted by outlaw3179
    If a young Marine has a question it is your responsibilty to answer it ! I dont care how salty or how long youve been in the Corps. your younger Marines are a direct representation of yourself , and more importantly they are in your charge.
    Dont be that Marine that has all this information wether it be simple or important and keep it all to yourself. Not only do the traditons of the Marine Corps depend on it , but more importantly the lives and the welfare of your Marines are depending on you.
    Every Marine I ever lead in Combat knew exactly what was going on! Might I remind you that this is not a Marine, as of yet! I owe him nothing until he completes the course! Answers to questions go with the secret handshake, as I have answered your question!

Most respectfully, Joseph P Carey

There was secret handshake?

Thread Information