FINALLY told my parents
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post FINALLY told my parents

After months (yes months) of hesitation I finally was able to tell my mom about my plans of joining the military. I was at first fearful of this inevitable conversation (as I suspect most wannabe's are) for fear of lack of support in such a monumental decision. Especially sense my mom is about as far left as you can get, I thought this was for sure going to be the case. Her initial instinct was opposed to the idea. After all what rational parents would want their children to join the military in a time of war? This is nothing new, do you think the generation of WWII parents were happy when their kids enlisted? Of course not. But given enough time they WILL support your decision. Parents only want what will make their kids happy. My mom even suggested that I speak with recruiters.

I realize that these type of topics are redundant on this forum but hopfully this will motivate other wannabe's who haven't talked to their parents yet. Don't wait as long as I did, you'll feel much better when you get the burdon off your back and are able to concentrate on your future. Good luck and remember it's ultimately YOUR decision, not theirs.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Your folks are far left because of great Americans like yourself. You carry on the gift of freedom. Many people take this gift for granted. My parents are also very liberal even though they grew up after World War II. Stay the course and stand for what you believe in. There is no greater title than the Marine Corps.

A parent that does not support their children should move to Bagdad. It is unreal out of the kids that want to quit once they get here, calling their family to re-motivate them does not work cause usually the quitters we have, the families do not support their son/daughters decision. makes me sick........

Thread Information