New Recruit? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Recruit?

as a matter of fact I will kill them because of your integrity violation as well..............and yes I did write this and yes I am a man of my word

BLANKET PARTY? THEY STILL HAPPEN?

NAH they do not happen........of course unless the DI is in the duty hut and does not see anything...you know what I mean...

and damn you all took away some of my fun givin this poolee a hard time giving up some names. Now noone else will give me info...thats ok I will kill em all anyway...

SOT,

Everybody gets scared when they make a mistake. If there is a man or a woman on this board that has not made a mistake, then they are operating in the realm of the godlike. No Marine I know of is in that classification. But, the difference here is that we own up to our mistakes, and we do not point the finger at Roger Rabbit!

Not everyone that goes to Boot Camp makes it as a Marine, the Marines are very selective, but they are fair too. Every Marine knows he or she has made 25 mistakes in the first week of Boot Camp. These mistakes caused the platoon to do PT, Locker Box Drill, and all the mind numbing things that the Marine Boot Camp is all about. It is done for a reason!

Marines are mortal, meaning they die! Even Chesty Puller died! If there was a collective God to the Marines, it was Chesty! But, even Chesty made mistakes in judgement! Marines are taught to own their mistakes, and to admit to them! It saves lives!

The Gunny is just seeing if you will even show up! The Gunny is a man of his word. You can ask any Marine that has ever served just who it was that they could talk to when everything seemed to be coming down around them. It was the Gunny!

He will do exactly what he says he will do, but it is only your first strike at bat. You still have two more against some of the best pitchers in the Military League. It is only up to you to take your cuts.

Consider this an intervention with men that will someday be your best friends. Now, you have to correct your mistake, and live with it! It is easier to teach the repentant rather than the liar!

If I remember correctly, Gunny, even 36 years ago, the DIs were conspicuously absent when soap bars in towels were swung at miscreants, but they would always appear when the smallest sound was made otherwise... What a surprise! Of course, Blanket Parties were against the rules even then, and we all know that Marines play by the rules! :-)

Very well put Joseph P Carey in the last two post you have made

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    You can ask any Marine that has ever served just who it was that they could talk to when everything seemed to be coming down around them. It was the Gunny!
    Most of my harhest lessons and greatest motivations came from Gunnery Sergeants. Usually during the same "conversation".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Damn straight... Probably one of the most memorable moments in my still fledgling Marine Corps career was on graduation day aboard The Island: but it wasn't marching across the Parade Deck (though that was certainly something else...). It was the talk from the RTR Drillmaster, a Gunny who's name I don't remember... we all just know him now as "The Gunny."

He got the whole company in a schoolcircle, and spent about 15 minutes telling us a long story about what'd happened after he had gotten out of boot many years before. It culminated with him punching out his older brother and going back to the club to get the girl. Pretty good stuff, right? Well, that's not what I remember the most. What sticks in my mind is this (roughly paraphrased/quoted):

"But I don't go to church... this Parade Deck is all the religion I need! So when you go to church this Sunday in your new Alphas, with your girlfriend on your arm, SAY A PRAYER FOR THE GUNNY, 'CAUSE HE'LL STILL BE RIGHT HERE!"

20 Minutes later, under an overcast, Parris Island August sky, we marched onto that parade deck as Marines... what a day.

REMEMBER PEOPLE, THE GUNNY IS THE BACKBONE OF THE CORP. SALUTE TO ALL OF THEM, BETTER YET, BUY THEM A BEER.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i admitt it i did make an integrity violantion and did nothing but succed in making myself look like an ass and bring much uneeded discredit upon myself. iam ashamed at how i have betrayed my closest friends and hope that in time they will come to forgive me. iam willing and am going to give an apologie to any and all who seek it. i ment no disrespect to any of you. i highly respect you all not only for being what i dream to be...... a marine but for giving me the ass chewing that i deserved and setting me straight. i again apologize to all that i offended and iam willing and more then likly going to pay the price for my actions at recruit training in three days. i do take responsiblity for my actions. if i have to hand my ass over every day more then anyone else there to become a marine i will. i garuntee every last person on this sight that i will make amends somehow for what i have done and that someday i will be a marine. no matter what sacrifises i have to make i garuntee i will become one of you.i again apologize

We all make mistakes! Now learn from it! You started off right! Welcome to the Corps Recruit, and remember there is no quicker to confront you with what you do than your fellow Marines, and they will know! They will be your best friend or your harshest critic! I would choose to make them my friends!

You still only have two strikes to go, but your eyes are clear now!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Amen. Now get your mind back on training, you'll be alright.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    s.o.t #1 , Learn from your mistakes and start anew. The leadership traits of the Marine Corps is sacred. You need to be able to trust the man or woman to your side, front or back to cover you six. They also expect this out of you! Start fresh be responsible for ALL your actions right or wrong. Wishing you luck and if your name pops up plenty at MCRD take your just medicine,hold your head up,regroup and continue to march forward without looking back or down.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

*Leadership Traits*

Judgment
    Justice

Dependability
    Initiative
    Decisiveness

Tact
    Integrity
    Enthusiasm

Bearing
    Unselfishness
    Courage
    Knowledge
    Loyalty
    Endurance

ahhhhhh I cant wait to get a hold of this one...yes learn from your mistakes and quit telling me everything I want to hear......

Thread Information