Graduation day question
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Graduation day question

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting and I really want to say this is a great site with a lot of info for poolees like me. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about graduation day. How many family members are allowed to attend? Is there any limit at all to who can attend? I'm jumping ahead as I don't even ship until the 25th, but my mother keeps asking. Thanks in advance for anyone who took the time to answer my questions.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would limit the graduation party to imediate family only being mom, dad, brothers, sisters, grandma, grandpa, close friends. But as far as I know there aren't any restrictions. Which Recruit Depot are you going to? Each Marine Corps installation has a website. do agoogle search for MCRD Parris Island, or MCRD San Diego. This may answer your questions. It has been a long time since I went through recruit training so things have more than likely changed dramatically since then. If there are any recent graduates go ahead and advise our newest member (or soon to be ) of the proudest Organization in the Universe. The United States Marine Corps.

Good Luck and may God bless you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/
    http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

Here are the links for the Recruit Depots. I hope that this helps. Also, do not think that your questions are stupid they are very good questions. Just remember there are a lot of other recruits graduating on the same day that you will graduate on so accommodations may be limited.

hey devunn

I leave july 25 for P.I. Which coast are you going to?

Credits
    Savings
    at the very end of boot camp your Drill Instuctors hand out car passes so your family can get past the front gate and on the island. When i graduated they had only enough for 2 passes each. so it really depends on how many family members you can fit in each car.

Just curious, what happens if your graduation is delayed due to an injury or you have to go to the porkchop platoon or something along those lines for a week or two, does anyone let your family know about the changes in dates and that it was pushed back or is it basically up to you to let them know through letters you write?

Hopefully I won't need to have my date pushed back or anything, but it's always good to know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Even if they only hand out 2 car passes, you can get more vehicles in with copies of the graduation invitation letter. Just have your family make copies and give it to the people who need them.

I had several separate groups show up, my mom and brother, my dad and stepmom, and my girlfriend and her parents.

The reality of it is, is that recruit graduations are something that the Marine Corps wants to bring as many people to as possible, both for the PR (it's pretty damn impressive, and leaves people with a hell of an impression of the Corps), and for the cash value ('cause EVERYONE THERE is gonna buy Marine Corps schwag and moto gear from the PX... and in this Marine Corps, we need all the cash we can get!).

I'd limit it to a managable size, just for YOUR sake... but there really isn't too much of an actual limit.

If your graduation is pushed back, your family will know, one way or another. Don't sweat that little stuff, your Drill Instructors will make sure you're taken care of.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank You GySgtRet and everyone else who responded. I really appreciate the info, and I'm sure it'll help calm my mother down a bit. Hoggy, east coast, I will be leaving for Parris Island as well. Thanks LivinSoFree, thats good to know. A few friends wanted to come as well as family... didn't want to have to tell anyone they would not be able to attend.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Should you be injured or moved to the pork chop platoon, you will get a 3 miute phone call to your family (with one of your new Drill Instructors standing over your shoulder) to let them know you have a "changed situation".

You also send another little green postcard with your new address.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    marinemom,

Well said.

Thread Information