Marine Corps. Martial Arts Program
Create Post

Marine Corps. Martial Arts Program

what are some of the types of martial arts we will be learning in boot camp? And if we are experienced or certified as a black belt in martial arts, do we get to assist the DI's or get any special kind of promotions, salary raised, etc.?

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No you will not get anything special, mybe just some more attention from your Drill Instructors but thats it. In boot your just going for Tan belt which is the lowest belt and its some punches, kicks, arm bar take downs and some bayonett and knife training. Its not much at all and as basic as it gets, but the training will break your off physically with all the conditioning. Once you are in the fleet you can go for the next belts Grey then Green then Brown and finally Black. Grey belt has alot more moves and they are pretty good. Once your go for Green, which I am currently training for right now, you learn really good and realistic moves. Depending on your instructor the class can be extremely hard and damanding. My instructor, Sgt. Doreus, is Mr. PT and his class is beyond hard and when you earn your belt and say your instructor was Sgt. Doreus people respect that cause they know how hard the class is. Anyways, the moves we learn are very different from what regular moves you may know cause its Martial Arts for Combat. Also you can work to become an Instructor, but that takes time and is extremely hard physically cause they just dont hand out that title. Well if u have any other questions then email me or u can go on the offical MCMAP web site.

i've done TaekWonDo for 8 years 2nd degree black belt, HwaRangDo for 4monthes, yellow belt, amateur boxing for a couple of monthes, and wrestling in high school for 2 years. My friend is in the marines, and he showed his kick boxing certificate and he said he got a raise in his salary. So i was wondering because i have a certificate for TaekwonDo. Yeah i guess it's very different because its for combat but i think i'll have no problem with conditioning and everything because i have been trained in olympic style sparring. Is the bayonet and knife training hard? I have been also trained to defend myself for knife defense and bo staff, i also taught myself how to fight with butterfly knife and switch blades. I really want to be a martial arts instructor in the marine corps. thanks and i hope all my training come in handy while im in the marines.

Registered User Free Member Chrscllhn's Avatar
    Oregon / Currently working in New Zealand
    Credits
    Savings
    First time I have ever heard of someone getting a pay raise for a certificate for kick boxing.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well if your friend said he got a pay raise then thats good for him but i find it really hard to belive but whatever. It really depends on who your instructor is beacause i have seen people get their belts and i know they didnt work that hard for it. But being an instructor is completly different. I have seen it a million times, Marines and poolees saying they can take it and it wont be that hard and they have done this and that, but the instructor course is extremely hard and long. A corporal in my barracks finally earned the green belt instuctor title and it took him 3 times to get it. For example, one day they ran the PFT 4 times the Obstical course 10 times and went on a 8 mile run with a pack w/ 2 sand bags while wearing boots all in one day basically non stop. That was just one day and i know the class is pretty long, not sure exactly how long but its over a month. Once i get my green belt and i pick up a little more rank then im going for the instructor course. I love doing MCMAP and i dont care what you say, untill you have done it for yourself you have no idea of how hard it really is.

Thread Information