Either Fight The War Or Come Home - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like you have some great kids Joe and no, I was not trying to portray you as a racist. Also, I am not a "liberal" in the context of America's current atmosphere of political polarization but some of the entres on the menu at the Republican Cafe just don't taste good to me.

Since the end of WWII some kids have gone off to fight and some have gone off to chug beer in frat houses(to be facetious). That's the way it is and our society and culture accepts it. Being that both are time honored American pursuits, I would hope my kids would opt to serve Wall Street in a shirt and tie rather than a helmet and flak jacket.

Sempers

Originally posted by Fox 2/23

Since the end of WWII some kids have gone off to fight and some have gone off to chug beer in frat houses(to be facetious). That's the way it is and our society and culture accepts it. Being that both are time honored American pursuits, I would hope my kids would opt to serve Wall Street in a shirt and tie rather than a helmet and flak jacket.

Sempers
    My son did both, he served his country, and he served his financial security, when he was done with the military, as many of us did on this network. No shame in that! We are all leaders in one way or another in our respective fields as civilians. And, We never gave up our responsibilities to our Constitution, and to our country, to this day, in the pursuit of the Dollar.

Perhaps, we are just different! We are a minority in America, a very vocal minority, but a minority all the same, and a minority the country can not long survive without!

If it appeals to you to have your elected officals, like Durbin of Illinois, call the US Military Storm Troopers and Nazis, as well as comparing them to the Stalin Gulag, and the Guards at the Hanoi Hilton, than so be it. You must remember that these same people that call us names now, are the same people that defended Stalin (and the USSR's subsequent leaders) and Ho Chi Minh (and his subsequent leaders in his unelected government to this day; never a vote cast by the people in Vietnam; brutality took the country; brutality has kept the country) all during their regimes.

Strange isn't it? We the people that can vote on anything, elect people that would take our vote away to be like their heroes the Soviets and the Viet Minh, and the Viet Cong, and they call us names to boot.

Credits
    Savings
    Why would you assume that Durbin's comments appeal to me?

Concur, 100%

Semper Fi!!!

Why would you assume that Durbin's comments appeal to me?
    He wants to release our enemies to kill us, the same as you would have them get a reprieve in Iraq and any where else in the world. If we turn tail and run now, what good would all the Trained Military be in the future? There would be a thousand different trouble spots, and they all would know that a little bullying and the US would leave with its tail between its legs.

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Joseph, you are making some pretty big assumptions. Should I assume you are a fascist religious fanatic since you are assuming I am a liberal? I think Dubya was an idiot to invade and occupy Iraq. We are there however because of his "vision", because he said so. History is full of bad calls, Iraq is one of them in my opinion. If you want to make assumptions, that is fine, you can call me a leftist, atheist what-have-you and you can be my rabid right wing buddy in Tucson.

Having reached a deadlock over Iraq, do you want to argue over something else? How about Glocks vs 1911's, big slow bullets vs small fast ones or AR's vs AK's, ha ha.

When it cools off this fall, maybe I can come down and we can join up with the Minutemen. It would be cool if we could nab a Chechan with a dirty bomb or a vial of ebola. We would be heroes Joseph! We might be invited to the White Palace to have lunch with the His Majesty!

I'm going home, have a good weekend.

I wrote to Fox : "He wants to release our enemies to kill us, the same as you would have them get a reprieve in Iraq and any where else in the world. If we turn tail and run now, what good would all the Trained Military be in the future? There would be a thousand different trouble spots, and they all would know that a little bullying and the US would leave with its tail between its legs."

In reply, Fox wrote me: Joseph, you are making some pretty big assumptions. Should I assume you are a fascist religious fanatic since you are assuming I am a liberal? I think Dubya was an idiot to invade and occupy Iraq. We are there however because of his "vision", because he said so. History is full of bad calls, Iraq is one of them in my opinion. If you want to make assumptions, that is fine, you can call me a leftist, atheist what-have-you and you can be my rabid right wing buddy in Tucson.

Having reached a deadlock over Iraq, do you want to argue over something else? How about Glocks vs 1911's, big slow bullets vs small fast ones or AR's vs AK's, ha ha.

When it cools off this fall, maybe I can come down and we can join up with the Minutemen. It would be cool if we could nab a Chechan with a dirty bomb or a vial of ebola. We would be heroes Joseph! We might be invited to the White Palace to have lunch with the His Majesty!

I'm going home, have a good weekend.
    My answer:

1) I am not a very religious man, and never really have been; I am also not a fascist; and, in some cases I am considered a little to the right of Attila the Hum, and in other cases a little left of Karl Marx; it really depends on the subject we are talking about.

2) Again, the President is the President, if you refer to the holder of the Officer of the President, Please use the proper title and name, it shows good manners and upbringing.

3) The plans for the invasion of Iraq were on the board long before President Bush office; if it were a vision, it was one shared by President Clinton as well.

4) I don't think it was a bad call. Iraq is the Crossroads of the Middle East, all roads lead to Baghdad. With the taking of Afghanistan, and our troops with their backs to the Iranians (Who, I might add had, have cooperated with the Iraqis before and recently [Kuwait]). There was no way to absolutely protect the troops in Afghanistan, as Afghanistan is a land bound country. By taking Iraq, the USA put two armies at either side of the Iranians, causing a rather interesting bit of reforms in Iran, and it cut off supplies to the Taliban from the Syrians, the Saudis fundamentalist and the Palestinians, and it put a large number of troops on the ground where a large army could maneuver more effectively. Eventually, there would have been war in the Middle East, better now than when the different factions allied themselves. Iraq was also an object lesson, where by a small number of American troops rolled up an army that the Iranians fought to a draw in an Eight Year War, and the Syrians already knew the power of the American Forces, being a participant with the Americans in the First Gulf War. Added: Iraq became an excellent target because they signed a truce to end the Gulf War, which they did not live up to, much like the North Vietnamese did not live up to their truce in Vietnam, when the Americans did nothing to curtail them.

5) I believe I have mentioned before that I am not into weapons that much; although, I could tell you the differences in the two pistols that you mentioned, but I do not waddle my time away with a great deal of these discussion. Now, if you would like to discuss Kafka versus Stephen King, fine.

6) I have not joined the Minutemen when given a chance to, because it is not a solution to the problem. They were too publicized, and the Coyotes and the Druggies ran their operations around them. The Government, being the government, paid more attention to the minutemen than they did to their duties in the stopping of border interdiction. The combined efforts of the ACLU and other Immigrant Groups made the whole operation a media circus and inept. Call me when they are willing to shoot a couple of Drug Smugglers or Coyotes, and I will be glad to come along, but not to stop farm workers going to pick apples for 'Mom's Apple Pie' that have been making this trip for the last Seventy-five Years or so. That is just bad economics and stupidity combined into one effort.

7) If you go to the White House, Say hello to the President for me, and tell him that I may not agree with everything that he does, but he is our leader, and he is a much better leader than could have occupied the WH from the candidates that were in the hopper. He has my support.

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Now Joe, no need say hurtful things about my ma and pa. They did the best they could with me. I have to agree with you on the supply and demand issue of illegal aliens, drugs for that matter as well. The war on drugs, coupled with the patriot act have shot holes through the 4th Amendment. Hey man, I read The Metamorphosis, it was about a guy who turned into a bug. Sucked for him. Looking at the map, you live in Aztlan. If you get deported you can come up and we could hang out. We could argue about coke and pepsi, bud and miller and fords and chevy's. I'm going to show you Joseph! I'm going to go a whole day without calling El Presidente Jorge a name. I'm glad Bush didn't kill someone when he got that DUI, he wouldn't have anyone to hang out with accept Teddy Kennedy. McCain vs Hillary in 08? Looks like another no-choice election, doncha think?

ps, if I make it to the White Crib I'll be sure to snag you a towel or an ashtray or something.

Semper Fidelis!

Now Joe, no need say hurtful things about my ma and pa. They did the best they could with me. I have to agree with you on the supply and demand issue of illegal aliens, drugs for that matter as well. The war on drugs, coupled with the patriot act have shot holes through the 4th Amendment. Hey man, I read The Metamorphosis, it was about a guy who turned into a bug. Sucked for him. Looking at the map, you live in Aztlan. If you get deported you can come up and we could hang out. We could argue about coke and pepsi, bud and miller and fords and chevy's. I'm going to show you Joseph! I'm going to go a whole day without calling El Presidente Jorge a name. I'm glad Bush didn't kill someone when he got that DUI, he wouldn't have anyone to hang out with accept Teddy Kennedy. McCain vs Hillary in 08? Looks like another no-choice election, doncha think?

ps, if I make it to the White Crib I'll be sure to snag you a towel or an ashtray or something.

Semper Fidelis!
    I enjoy the people that mention a 1970's arrest for DUI, when talking of the President, and than they mention Senator Kennedy in the same breath. Senator Kennedy was not only driving drunk, when he killed a Prostitute that was carrying his baby, he also hide in parts unknomn for hours, while she lay in that car, in that very cold water of the Chapaquidock. He could not even get a Wh_re across a bridge alive, and he was never charged with a damned thing. He was not charged with Murder of the unborn child, and not Murder of his Pr_situte Girlfriend, surely not with adulty, and he was not charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving death ans/or injury, and not even a DWI. I would not be so sanctimonious about the President's DUI. He got caught, he did what was required of him to do. He is a man that takes responsibilities for his actions, right or wrong, unlike some Democrats, he took his medicine like a man.

Tell me how many of your good Democrats have condemned the Durbin speech to date?

Actually, I live in Arizona, a state in the Union of the United States, I do not think I will be deported rather soon as I am, by the benefit of birth in a geographical region of the USA, a Citizen of the Republic. My heart is with the Constitution of the USA.

As far as McCain, I have voted for him in every election he has run in on a state wide basis. If it would be an election between McCain and Senator Clinton, I would choose McCain!

McCain has the benefit of being respected by both sides of the voter rolls. McCain has no 'Whitewater Scandal' in his past; he does not have the killing of 'Foster' in his past, one of Hilary's lovers; he does not have the finding of documents that Hilary had said to not exist, that they 'were lost', But Miraculously were found on a table in the White House; and, McCain has never been involved with the use of FBI files to go after political rivals as Hilary did when she was First Lady. Hilary would be lucky to garner as many votes as did Senator McGovern. She would surely carry Massachusetts and the District of Columbia, and, maybe, Illinois too, if their elected officals are the gage of the mentality of the Illinois voter.

As far as the Patriot Act, I have often heard that complained of by certain people, but no one has shown me where the Patriot Act is any different than the RICO Act that has been in existence for some time now, with the exception, that instead of Organized Crime, the Patriot Act is aimed at the Terrorist. Maybe, you can explain the difference to me, and tell me how the Patriot Act has effected you personally as a citizen of the USA. What liberties have you lost to the Partiot Act, or for that matter, the RICO Act? They are one and the same with different targets.

Thanks for the offer of a towel or an ash tray, but I would prefer a Mashall Order with full Pardon for any actions I may occur, signed by the President of the United States, to go down to the border and be able to shoot Drug runners and Coyotes coming across the border. If a couple of Marshall Warrants were issued in that fashion, I can, without a doubt, assure the drugs would stop running along the Arizona/Mexicxo Border, along with the illegal trade in people. A few Deputies, and a budget set and a bonus with a bounty on the heads of those people would surfice. But, I would still allow the workers to come north; they are needed.

Credits
    Savings

Red face

god Joe, this **** is tiresome. my kids aren't going, nuff sed. catch you later

god Joe, this **** is tiresome. my kids aren't going, nuff sed. catch you later
    You do not have to answer, Fox, if you do not wish to discuss the truth, but if you would rather defame people and policies without basis, so be it!

You will find that I do not ask questions without some knowledge of the answer. I do not follow anyone blindly any longer, as is my ocupation, I do a great deal of research, and I put the lies straight.

I have said once before, I am, at times, slightly to the right of Attila the Hun, and I am, at other times, slightly to the left of Karl Marx, but I have always believed that a man and a statement about a man needs to stand on its own merit. Many of the statements that you made did not. I was just driving a point.

I have noted that you are all slogan and no fact, and any points I made you have not countered. So be it!

We are doing what is right!

I've only seen the term "Final Solution", with capital letters, associated with one thing, and it sure wasn't the Marines!

Release the hounds or stay on the porch. Read what Gen. Pershing did about the muslim uprising he faced. Kicked ass and didn't bother with names.

Citizens are the coins of governments and governments are not afraid to spend their coins. Don't know who said it, but its about as true as anything I've ever read regarding any government's concern for it fighting forces. Maybe if members of Congress had to send their children into harms way, they'd figure out a way to either win or end this war....pretty darn quick!

Thread Information