What to bring
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to bring

Credits
    Savings

What to bring

I ship to pi this Monday, June 6th, and I don't really know what to bring. My recruiter wasn't that specific, so I thought I'd ask you. What should I bring? Keep in mind I am a female. He told me to bring hygen items, but I don't really understand what he meant. Can anyone help me out, I don't want to go unprepared, yet again, I don't want to bring more than I am allowed. Do I bring deoderant, a hair brush, a tooth brush, etc.?

Bring a phone card and the clothes on your back....NOTHING ELSE EVERYTHING WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU

Credits
    Savings
    Are you sure? My recruiter told me to bring so shampoo and stuff. Seriously, shampoo!

I KNOW YOU DIDNT JUST ? ME

OF COURSE I AM SURE YOUR RECRUITER IS WRONG...........

BRING NOTHING.......................................

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry sir. But he's been there too, he basically told me to bring a lot of stuff, no kidding.

OK WELL PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ANY HELP

ALL ITEMS THAT CAN BE DISPOSED OF WILL BE THROWN AWAY.

IF A RECRUIT SHOWS UP WITH CELL PHONES OR OTHER VALUABLE IT WILL BE PLACED IN STORAGE UNTIL YOU GRADUATE.

YOU KEEP ALL YOUR IDENTIFICATION IN YOUR MONEY VALUABLE BAGS SECURED IN YOUR FOOTLOCKER

Credits
    Savings
    I sure hope you're right. You would probably know more than he would. I just don't want to go there and be asked: where is my shampoo, I was supposed to bring it, I was told to bring it. I don't want to bring more than I'm suppose to, but I also don't want to bring less than I'm supposed to. So, if I did bring shampoo, would they throw it away?

yes it would be thrown away..........

of course after it is kicked all over the things dumb recruits brought then you can pick it up and clean up the mess...who knows you may try to slip drugs in that shampoo bottle......

Credits
    Savings
    So, tell me this, r we issued shampoo, deoderant, hair brushes, etc.?

yes everything will be provided for you and you will receive a bulk issue

Credits
    Savings
    what's in a bulk issue?

Credits
    Savings
    He also told me I could bring a sports bra (white), is that also false? That other female di I met told me to also bring a white sports bra.

Credits
    Savings
    What about an address book, can I bring that? What about a religious neclace? Gotta go, I'll be back later.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i dont konw about the bra's in all that stuff cause im a male, but u do need a tooth brush and what not for the first night at the hotel, but after that night throw all that crap away. Once u get on the plain and arrive at the Island then all u need is your paper work your recruiter gives u and the clothes on your back, which they take form u durring the first hour on the Island. See for me they messed up on the flight so i had to spend another night at the hotel but i had already thrown away all my hygine gear. So when i arrived at the Island i was seriously the nastiest recruit there. LOL

u need to just relax, you're asking way too many questions. Bootcamp isnt as bad as it seems and when its all over you'll be laughing about some good memories and saying "it wasnt that bad" Trust me bootcamp isnt the hardest part of the Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis

Thread Information