Disbanding the Marine Corps - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ese4mc View Post
    GREAT INFO HERE

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Now wait just one minute here. What about Capt. Roosevelt USMC XOR of one of the radder bns. Her son. What about Eleanor's famous quoits about Marines? Ike did not want Marines in Europe but he had some working with the OSS the four runner of the CIA.
    You're correct about Roosevelt's son serving in the Marine Corps. Despite that, Eleanor had a dislike for the Marine Corps. In early January 1944 she was hosting a party for some of her friends on the rooftop of a hotel in downtown Havana. While that was going on, a group of Marine pilots, flying "Mitchell" medium bombers, also happened to be headed towards Havana. Flying over downtown, they noticed the lights of Eleanor's party and buzzed the affair, causing a panic and disruption of the event. Old Eleanor was on the phone with Batista Field almost before her guests could pick themselves up off the ground. This resulted in a major a$$-chewing for the guys, however despite that everyone had a very good liberty. True story.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marines.

Eleanor Roosevelt 1945

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer View Post
    You know that Rome wasnt built in a day. Well they finialy figured out why ! there Wasnt any Marines there to get the job done
    That's awesome! Oorah!

I have done a lot of browsing on this subject lately, but most of what I see is a lot of rumors in anticipation of what is to come sooner or later. If and when total peace does come, the military will undergo drastic cut-backs. As in the past, a close look will be taken of the Marine Corps. Some will come to the conclusion that the Marine Corps is simply a duplication of things done by other services and advocate its abolishment. Others will hold out for a small combat ready force, ready to put out the fires which will spring up around the world. The Navy will contend it should return to its original purpose, a small expeditionary force ready for the use of the Navy.

The Corps has always survived, tomorrow may be a new day. Who knows.

Discussion based on rumor is of little use, except to perhaps creating thinking we do not want.

disbanding the Marine Corps

NO, na-da, never happen. They will try to down size it, but congress will never let them disband it. Takes 10 army to make up for 1 Marine, and you tell me we will be dis-banded. Thats a fact few know. I've seen it. We will hit, do damage, and get out. The v-22 will be cancelled. There are enough 46's in Monthan storage to re-issue the Squadrons back the 46's. Cut back on fuel, and put a small tele-scoping re-fueling probe on it, and it will do what we did in Vietnam. Thats absolute. The 22 is on the chopping block as the EFV for amphibious assaults is. Ring-a-ding. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Thread Information