Shocking Day
Create Post

Thread: Shocking Day

Shocking Day

Monday I got the call from my recruiter that I was supposed to come to MEPS this wednesday to do my pre-ship to leave the 12-13... Come to find out he misread the board...So I still leave the 20th...bummer, he got me excited though...

So the NCOIC of the RSS told me that he would put a good word in for me if a spot opened for the 13th so I could leave a week earlier... I havent got a call from him yet so I dunno... I guess I can cross my fingers!

That is a bummer man! Hey, I'll help ya out, I'll say a little prayer for you and lets hope you get to leave early!

Semper Fidelis ~|~ Always Faithful

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I can so top that! I had been trying to get an earlier ship date for some time. One day my recruiter called me at work and said, "You're shipping tomorrow. I am coming to pick you up and take you to see the Captain." So I told my boss, cleaned out my desk, called my husband and started mentally preparing myself. My recruiter showed up at my office about half an hour later. As I watched him walk up to the doors, he got a phonecall saying the slot had *just* been taken. D'oh! I couldn't believe it! I got to ship a few weeks later, but dang! So anyway-I feel your pain!

I was really disappointed after I got over the initial shock...I was like OMG I have family trying to come see me next week b/c that was the only time they could get off work! Then I was like oh well I can see em in September when I get back.

I got offered an earlier ship date while mowing a lawn at work. I was pretty gung ho about it so I told my recruiter "Sure, coming to the office now." Turns out it was for a logistics position. Sorry, no go, I had grunt on the mind...so I ended up waiting the 4 months.

Thread Information