Perks of Being a Poolee - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What's all this "stuff" about getting a break? I am not a Marine but I do have a Proud Parent of a Marine sticker, that was given to me by a recruiter, on the lower left hand (driver's side) rear truck window, right below an American Flag decal.
    I stopped, completely, waiting to make a right hand turn. I saw some jaywalkers crossing the street on a red light and they stopped on the meridian. The coast was clear, the light was red, there was no pedestrian traffic, I made the turn slowly. Not more than twenty feet into the right turn a motorcycle policeman motions me to pull over. I hear him say to a walkie talkie..."I got me one". I asked him what I did wrong and he said that I turned on a red light in a school zone. School zone? What school zone? I had travelled this same street before and had never seen a "school zone" sign. He mentioned that I should have seen the sign. Heck, I didn't see a sign. Anyway, before he gave me a ticket ($125.00 or so) he , of coarse, had to check my driving record. In 59 years, driving for 39 or so years, I have had zero moving violations/accidents! I also had a Proud Parent of a Marine and a decal of the American flag in plain sight. Did I get a break? HHHH no. Was expecting one? HHHHH no. Was I at least expecting some consideration for my past driving record and all? Yep, sure was but it didn't happen. I would have been very happy with a warning. So, all of you folks beware. If you're ever down in South Florida, around Hollywood, watch for and read all traffic related signs and don't expect any "consideration" if you do break a traffic law. Don't expect your Marine Corps sticker to bail you out.
    Adios from South Florida.
    Gary

it doesn't all the time but it does some of the time......my last ticket was 2 years ago this coming oct just got back from okinawa driving on a road that i thought was 55 and i was doing about 57 and got pulled over for doing 57 in a 45 on a road that was my first time on. he gave me a ticket and everything and the fu*k up thing about it........is he even told me happy birthday after he gave me the d*mn ticket..........

Credits
    Savings
    marinefamily5,
    I believe that that charming individual is now living in Hollywood, Florida. LOL

Prolly i wouldn't daught it.......

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The last time I checked there is nothing that I do that will get me kicked out of DEP, I have 5 points on my license, And the Marine Corps doesnt care if you even have a license.

HardJedi Im not quite sure how I got on your bad side calling cops pigs when I am more than sure you have some nick names for people that are on the same basis. And aye that is really how I think, "Either you fought, or you did not, and it was never a game. Fairness was for people standing safely to one side, talking while others bled." I see no problem with the Autobaun.

What type of person are you exactly MellowYello? What Group do you fall in?

And before you call me reckless or say that I will fail, yet again, note that many other posts on this thread are like mine. Are they all going to fail also? Out of many MelloYello and HardJedi are the sore thumb sticking out.

I'm pretty sure the detractors in your situation, Pel, are commenting on your somewhat apparent lack of respect...now I'm not judging here because from where I stand I'll say anyone who enlists has made a good decision and until they prove me otherwise I'll stick by them and have faith in their abilities.

You've definitely got the b*lls, but Jedi was completely right in taking offense to your 'pigs' comment...his distaste is two-fold.

1. Generally those who talk down about Law Enforcement officers are the ones who have reason to (i.e. they break the law). It's not the cops fault that you're violating a speed limit. (And before you go telling me I'm a goody goody, I'm not. I speed considerably. But I look at it as a game of cat and mouse...if I get caught, good for the man who did it, he won, I lost.)

2. Jedi, and all other Marines the world over, sign into a brotherhood where authority and order are ULTIMATE ways of life. If you can't respect a Police Officer enough to call him by his earned title, what's going to happen when you have an issue with your NCO or Commanding Officer? Not saying it'll definitely happen the way people could see it, but remember...

Just as if you get the Eagle Globe and Anchor you'll be an icon for bearing and courage, you're now an icon (and very much representitive) of the new batch of recruits. When I enlisted way back when, I was told by a Marine on this site "Not to squander" the oppurtunity I was given. Even now, not having made it...I still can look back and say I honestly never once squandered it.

Good luck to you.

I don't know if you read my other post on the 2nd page of this thread Pel, but the thing is, it's not just about getting kicked out of the DEP, it'll also affect you later in your Marine Corps career in negative ways, and what if after your term in the Marines you decide to get out and get a law enforcement or gov't job-it's gonna be real hard if you've got a crap load of tickets.

And yes, the Corps does care if you have a liscense, it's not required to join, but a couple guys in my unit don't have them and our command made them go get them, b/c there's gonna be times when you have to drive a vehicle.

And like I said before, I speed prolly more than anyone, but if I get pulled, I've got no reason to be mad at the cop, I still have respect for them, and I really don't appreciate you referring to cops as pigs myself, as I plan on becoming a state trooper after my 5 yrs. in the Corps. You do seem like you have an issue w/ authority, which is gonna really be hard on u in the Corps.

Thumbs down

I am sticking out like a sore thumb. Your funny kid. I been here since Oct. 2003. Almost 2 years and I am under 40 post. I only post when I think I should give a word of advice.

Like the saying goes Pel. Your salute the rank not the person. Well you respect their profession but not the person. I always call policemen officers. I know 3 officers personally and they are cool guys.

Pel, just because you want to party hard you can join the Corps and be one of those Lance Corpals who have been one for 4 years. I have seen and heard of them. They slack off to have fun. Just because work comes before fun makes me a sore thumb or goody goody. Don't come crying if you tun into a Cop for wreckless driving and they take you down town and it goes on your record. That would probably knock back your Ship date a couple of months. Also 5 points left. I still have the full 12 on my liscense. How long you been driving barely 2 years. Sad so don't talk down to me like I don't anything.

I did nothing but show you respect but you just lost your respect from me. To earn it you have to show it.

USMCGrunt0331 and MELLO YELLO........

you know the saying " you will always have those 10% " the doesn't give a f*ck and i think that he falls into that 10% so far.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Posting a derogatory statement about Law Enforcement Officers, your location and vehicles is not too smart.

Take another look at our Marine Corps Leadership Traits, especially the ones about Judgement and Tact.

Credits
    Savings
    Yellowwing,
    Would calling an officer a "charming individual " and mentioning general geographic location fall into the category of lack of judgement and tact? Crud, I even mentioned the type of vehicle I was driving. Darn.
    Well, I am generally very ,very careful about making slanderous or inflammatory remarks. Perhaps calling someone a "charming individual" could push someone over the edge. Not everyone has a sense of humor and if they do they may not wish to show it. Life goes on.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Aimed at PEL. If he is determined to give it his all as a Poolee, studying Leadership Traits would be a good start.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Lance Corporal (USMCgrunt0331) i heard about that by a former FAST Marine his name is Sgt Emmerick we all call him Butch he just finished his TOE in November. Anyway he said it is an offensive driving course. I also think he said it is a civilian run course. He told me that they can teach you how to pull a 180 and then outrun the person chasing you. Sounds Fun!

yep thats it, and yeah it is run by civilians, same guys that teach special ops, secret service and civilian contractors like Blackwater, they teach you that and a lot more cool stuff too.

This thread should be renamed, "Perks of not being able to drive correctly."

:lick:

Thread Information