part-time jobs
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: part-time jobs

Credits
    Savings

part-time jobs

Just for fun, anyone want to share where they worked or what they did before going into the Marines?

Me, I worked at McDonalds for over a year, now I'm working at Safeway as a courtesy clerk for about 6 months now. I ship to boot June 6th!

P.S. I hate my job!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lorix,

It has been so long ago I have forgotten....Oh yeah I worked on the railroad in PA before I left for bootcamp. The same sacred ground that you will be occupying in June. Courtesy goes along way these days. I hope that you won't hate your job in the corps, there are very few options on changing ones mind.

Good luck

Myself i work for for a architect designing BIG ( 5,000-15,000 sf ) homes and then before i did that i worked for a structural engineer........and that is what i'm doing now designing houses.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm a reservist at the moment...

Worked as a cashier at The Fresh Market in high school.

Now I'm a fulltime student at UNC-Chapel Hill and I work a couple IT jobs there to pay the bills.

Well, I did the McDonalds thing for over a year while in HS. Then got into roofing and construction for the year while I was waiting to get into the Corps.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I worked at a seafood joint steaming crabs. working in a steam room all day, 5 days a week, for 4 years can do a number on ones body. lol

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    McDonald's then mowing lawns. I was terrible at Mickey D's! I was only really competent at sanitizing the restaurant. On the big .25 cent hamburger sale days, they assigned me to toasting the buns!

Then I got into building up a lawn mowing business. Hell of a lot more fun and more money!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yellowwing,

Allright the official bun toaster....!!!!

I have had alot of jobs it seems. I worked at Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, then a super market, then a quick mart. i think thats it. I worked at ethe Super market for over a year. It sux bad.
    LOL

Semper Fi!
    Poolee_Guide

http://www.marineea.org/

s/f,

Mike

I worked at at my fathers appliance and furniture store. I repaired washers, dryers, dishwashers, garbage disposals (nasty when peeps dont take care of em) and air conditioners. I worked around this stuff since I was 10 (18 now).

The sad thing is that I am an eagle scout, no criminal record, several employers that are good contacts for application and I cant even get a F***ing job at Mickey D's... Yet a pot head with 2-3 drug charges gets the job instead of me... That was a load of BS...He got fired a couple weeks later for stealing from the register. =P I laughed when someone told me that too!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I cant even get a F***ing job at Mickey D's
    Dont' worry about it, toasting buns for 8 hours straight is not that exciting.

I don't know where you are located or how soon you ship out, but heck surely you can get part time repairing small engines or such.

Credits
    Savings
    its amazing to see that people from all walks of life end up all becoming Marines. It is also funny to see how people who started off life working at McDicks turn out to be outstanding Marines (as your ranks suggest). I worked as a dishwasher and i was a lift operator at a local ski resort. Ski Sawmill or Ski Small Hill as us employees say.

Credits
    Savings
    before i enlisted in the delayed entry progam i worked at the movie theater in my home towns mall. i quit my job so that i could enjoy the last sixty days of my civilian life before i left to recruit traing to earnt he title.i leave for trining on the 27th of june

oohrah

Thread Information