Most will be deployed - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MOS: Infantryman
    Boot: 9/19/05

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "Don't You jusk LOVE that smacking A$$!One gets an A$$ chewing and the other is "Marines,Hey I just want to tell you the truth on what I'll be doing!" "SMACK SMACK " GET A LIFE! Or take your ball and go home!Because you are given ideas and suggestions on what you will be doing,but you won't be doing anything until you MAKE IT at the MCRD,and your drill instrutor says you are now a Marine. If I had you both in my platoon you would be burnin' sh**ters in the sandbox if you went. Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Registered User Free Member boss302's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Point well taken Marines.

I'm no S**K A** and apologize if I'm being cliche'. Furthermore I'm sure most of us Poolees already know this, but-

To paraphrase a SSGT (An old friend of Chesty Puller - would you believe it?) who came to one of our last Poolee Functions, we as poolees have taken a certain amount of initiative to just to have accepted a challenge like this. And that in and of itself is admirable. This is more than most are capable of doing. However, there is a long road ahead of us.

Without the great sacrifices of those who have come before us, there would be no Marine Corps. It wouldn't mean what it means to EARN that title.

A torch is in the passing, but these Marines aren't just going to hand it to us, we must first prove that we are worthy of carrying it. For those of us that do EARN the title, let us inspire the next generation as the others have us.

Registered User Free Member alanUSMCDEP03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Uh yeah- you are definetely sucking some d!ck now, you are so full of yourself, and you need to get the hell over it. Nobody here is impressed w/ all your poetic, big-headed bs. Trust me, you'll change if you ever actually become a Marine, whether you want to or not. You haven't made any sacrifices yet, and yeah it's good you made the decision to join, but that doesn't mean anything till you actually make it. For those of us that "Earn" the title you say? You haven't even come close to earning it yet.

Credits
    Savings
    What's with all these cocky, big-headed, smart aleck Poolees now that think it's okay to run their mouths to Marines, and think they actually rate to disrespect other Marines? They think they're special and that they have actually earned the right to talk like they are already Marines. When I came on here, a poolee got his butt chewed just for writing oorah, or Semper Fi in a post. I think it's time to tighten this site back down Marines, the little S**tbags are gettin out of hand, lol.

Originally posted by alanUSMCDEP03
    Uh yeah- you are definetely sucking some d!ck now, you are so full of yourself, and you need to get the hell over it. Nobody here is impressed w/ all your poetic, big-headed bs. Trust me, you'll change if you ever actually become a Marine, whether you want to or not. You haven't made any sacrifices yet, and yeah it's good you made the decision to join, but that doesn't mean anything till you actually make it. For those of us that "Earn" the title you say? You haven't even come close to earning it yet.

Hey boot-camp..........i'd like to see how you were prior to 2004 before you hit boot-camp. What we need in the Corps are young people who are a bit " FULL OF THEIRSELF ".. So what if this guy only thinks he knows exactly what he's in for.

Perhaps you should realize the Corps needs people........ and Don't to worry or concern yourself about the screening process. Let the recruiters and Drill instructors do that.........The same way they did it when you and I went in.

I still work pt time with the recruiters here in my home town. The numbers are down and have been for a couple months now. Does this mean the Corps should or will start taking anyone under the sun..??.....H*LL NO...!!!

But anyone who is interested in joining should be looked at closely. Also do we want to portray ourselves as big-headed, arrogant, self righteous.....BUTT-HOLES...??? Ya that oughta really attract a lot of people. lol

When you are in here remember Marine you're on embassy Duty.
    So you could be a bit more tactful when choosing your words.

Lcpl......why is it on your profile it says you were only one year of service........from 04 to 05....?

Credits
    Savings
    Because I've only been in 1 yr so far....went to boot camp in 2004 and now it's 2005??? I'm still active. And sorry, but I'm not gonna suck up to no poolee just b/c the Corps needs people, If he gets all butt-hurt over something like that, then maybe he just needs to grow some thicker skin, if he's all moto about it and everything, he want get ****ed off, he'll heed the advice. And I never said a word about the screening process, I know there will always be that 10% no matter what.

Marines have earned the right to be arrogant, cocky and big-headed-poolees haven't.

Originally posted by alanUSMCDEP03
    Because I've only been in 1 yr so far....went to boot camp in 2004 and now it's 2005??? I'm still active. And sorry, but I'm not gonna suck up to no poolee just b/c the Corps needs people, If he gets all butt-hurt over something like that, then maybe he just needs to grow some thicker skin, if he's all moto about it and everything, he want get ****ed off, he'll heed the advice. And I never said a word about the screening process, I know there will always be that 10% no matter what.

Marines have earned the right to be arrogant, cocky and big-headed-poolees haven't.

I don't need someone who has only been around the Corps as long as you have....to tell me What the Corps needs and what they don't.......Once you've been around a while maybe you won't need to come off like Mr arrogant himself. and you'll find comfort in knowing you are a Marine. And you'll not have to shove it in other peoples faces.

After all in only one year how much could you have possible accomplished......besides making it thru boot-camp.......Not to even mention Don't forget who you're talking to, im not a poolee. You had no right coming off....Like this kid murdered someone. But you're such a boot yourself.......For some reason you find great pleasure in calling him names... Hes not yet a Marine........You on the other hand suppose to be...........So act like it.

These kids in here don't need a whole ration of S*IT from you for something like what you mentioned, they will soon enough get it
    once in boot-camp.

I didn't bring this up simply because we need warm bodies
    You really do not have a clue...........do you...? Now that you are a Marine...........every time you present yourself as a Marine.......you speak for the Marine Corps whether or not you realize it. therefore you now are a role model, Sorry but it just comes with the job.

Heres the short definitions for role model........(noun) One to be revered and emulated: Revered ( adjective ) held in high esteem: Esteem (verb) to be of the opinion that a thing is of a certain sort.

Now these are all the short definitions.......But I feel if you posess any sort of brain finction Marine........you'll get the drift.
    This section is for the poolees. If you feel for some unknown reason your standards are to high for this part of the forum. Perhaps you shouldn't lower yourself to come in contact with mere poolees. On the other hand I choose to help these future Marines.............. And I'll tell you straight away........ If you call me a suck D!ck........or kiss A** like you called that poolee...........they'll be trouble.

It may sound a little better on your profile if you change it to
    2004 to present........ The other way sounds like you got out after serving one year...........Just a thought.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Point well taken! My post was referrring to the poolee odc25 being taken to task by fade2black for his MOS then after it was over parrish03xx comes in and tells everybody how remarkable he is. I try to be a mentor on this site. A lot of poolees have Pm'd me asking advice and I try to find answers. And I give the answers freely and I also take one to task if he is a smart A$$ or he don't know what he is talking about. In my opinion, the second poolee that I replied my post to was a look at me,how great I am I have hundreds of awards already to put on my "I love me wall",and to me that is a blatant case of kissing A$$.

If he made that post on a seperate thread I would have posted with a keep motivated and keep up the good work and best of luck post. However,this was not the case.

As,far as alanUSMCDEP03 goes you are just breaking out of your showershoes you screen name still has DEP in it. You only proved yourself in bootcamp and your MOS school other than that the experience you have makes you post null and void. TACT is a leadership trait that you need to learn. If you do make it to the sand box or a conflict and if you do have leadership responsibilities watch your back and sleep with an eye open!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    alanUSMCDEP03:Go back and read some of your first posts on this site as a poolee starting with November 7th 2003,I did and see how much you had to learn and how many questions you asked. And then look at the responses from someone who knows what he was talking about. See how much respect was given to your posts.Out grow your showershoes,LCPL! Or a least get a new pair! Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Originally posted by Phantom Blooper
    [B]. I try to be a mentor on this site. A lot of poolees have Pm'd me asking advice and I try to find answers. And I give the answers freely
    ]

I know Sgt and what I had to say really had nothing to do with your post............I know you've done alot of good in here and you should be commended for your efforts.

I think the young man knows who I was refering to.

Hey Cpl, don't you mean SSgt? There's a rocker on that chevron.

And thanks for your "guidance" of alanUSMCDEP03, he definitely needed it.

And thank you for your " guidance ".
    Ya perhaps.... I also should have put E6 for those of you who didn't either know, or just had to put in their 2 cents.

Way back when I was serving........h*ll even now when Im refering to any one around the recruiting office on a casual basis.

If anyone is addressing someone that happens to be ranked from E5 to E6........ Sgt does the job. E7 = gunny........etc,etc,

Now in a more formal setting................ Gunnery Sgt E7 or Staff Sgt E6 needs to be used.

Im not positive...............But I think "STAFF SERGEANT" Phantom Blooper...... knew who I was refering to. But thanks for squaring my young A** away and any time I personally address you. i'll make sure I say..............buck E5 or SGt E5. So you won't get confused. LOLOL

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    jo1753 ,With respect I understand. You can call me SGT if you want to I agree that's the informal of the older rank structure. Please sir,just don't call me a little S**tbag! LOL Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

To all the active and former Marines I would like to just ask one question WHY DID YOU JOIN THE CORPS?

For my reason it is simple, I want to earn what you have already earned. To gain the right to tell people like me to " f**k o** and just wait to see what hell really is boy ". To be able to finaly salute that amazing flag and tell those who don't stand or turn their back to get the f**k out of this country and try to make it as good some where else. To join those who I look up to right now in disbelief. To be able to raise my boy and his sons in a counrty to be proud of. To sit and shoot the **** with some other active and former Marines.
    So really it isn't simple for me to just say yeah I am joing the military.
    I say with pride I am going to try to become a United States Marine.

Sorry if this is more kiss a** or if it is seen as that but I just would like to know why all of you joined, and if you could take it like this, I want to be able to say that I am a Marine. So if it means putting myself through the hell you have already under gone so be it. But I will say that I am and will EARN the title Marine.

"DO OR DIE" is that not another Marine Coprs moto?

Thread Information