Is anyone Leaving for Parris Island on July 25?
Create Post

Question Is anyone Leaving for Parris Island on July 25?

Just wondering if anyone on here would be leaving for recruit training on July 25 as I am. I'm going to Parris Island. Need to find a friend.

hoggy,
    I sure am! 3rd Battalion, India Company, here we come.

E-mail me at N3oN3al@yahoo.com and we'll talk.

Great! I don't know what battalion or company I'm in. How did you find that out? I'm from New Albany, MS. I'm 19 and I go to Mississippi State University.

I did, 22 years ago on that date.

All males that leave for boot camp in the same week will be in the same company. Have fun in the Big I. That was my company. You'll probably have the same DI's that I had.

hoytarcher45 is correct, hoggy. Check out http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/grad_dates.htm and you'll see that, on October 21, we graduate.

Somebody on these boards explained the way to find your graduation date (and therefore training battalion): add three months and subtract a few days from your ship date. Your grad date will be pretty close to that. The formula worked pretty well for us.

What MOS are you going? O3XX here.

I'm so psyched up for 'recruit training'. Hope to see you there.

Poolee Brace
    Saline High School senior, Michigan
    RSS Ypsilanti

I can't wait either. I'm sure that we'll meet and might become loyal friends. As of right now I'm reservist going for 0311! I'm thinking of trying to get in the airwing though. Does anyone have any opinions or information on this decision?

I DO! Dont be a reservist. You will regret it. If your worried about college, you can take college classes for FREE while on active duty. If you decide the Corps is not for you, you can get out in a short 4 years and go to college then.

TRUST ME, DON'T BE A RESERVIST!!! MY NAME IS SGT WHITE. I WAS ON ACTIVE DUTY FROM 1998-2001 AND I GOT OUT AND JOINED THE RESERVES. I HAVE BEEN IN THE RESERVES FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ACTIVE DUTY!! YOU DON'T TRAIN, IT'S A JOKE. I SUBMITTED A PACKAGE TO GO BACK TO ACTIVE DUTY, CAUSE I MISS IT SO MUCH!! YEA, DO WHAT HOYTARCHER MENTIONED. TAKE ON-LINE CLASSES FOR 100% TUITION. IT WILL HELP WITH PROMOTIONS!! TRUST ACTIVE DUTY IS THE WAY TO GO!! OUT...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK, I've had a slightly different experience with the reserves. My unit is highly damn motivated, we train like it's cool, we've done nothing except go to the field this year, where I've managed to learn the basics of being a field radio operator, as well as learning all kinds of comms gear, tactics, weapons usage, defensive strategy, etc. etc. My MOS isn't even related to it... it's slated as 2111 (Armorer), and yet I'm picking up all this knowledge at a rapid rate... that's what the Marine Corps is all about! I've gotten a jumpstart on MCT and MOS school (since I'm a 92-dayer, I haven't gone yet), and by the time I get there (I've got MOS school this summer), I'll be a lot better prepared for what I'll need to do. My unit was there and rolled across the border in '03 when we invaded Iraq, and I've got an enormous base of experience to draw on and learn from. The NCOs and SNCOs are locked on, and it's been a good experience. Will I be going active after I finish school? You bet your ass I will, the reserves aren't the place for me to do a career, but for a couple years as a prelude to active duty, it's a damn good option if you get the right unit.

Thread Information