New Marine Corps Movie
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

New Marine Corps Movie

Did any one hear about the upcoming movie from Universal Pictures called "Jarhead"? It is based off of former Marine Anthony Swofford's Gulf War experiences, it opens Nov 11th 2005 .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, but thanks Poolee for the heads up I'll be looking for it. I read the book.

Jim

Oh how neat! It opens on Veteran's Day, the day I am scheduled to graduate from boot camp, if everything goes as planned! But, too many liberal actors in the movie though. Thanks 0300 for sharing!

Poolee Mirela

Marine Free Member p8ntballsnipr1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    yea sounds good, ill keep any eye out of it around here, thenx for the info 0300

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It will be interesting to see how "in-line' with the book the movie will be.

The book wasnt exactly pro-war or pro-corps 100%. I still thought it was a great book though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Gunner Palace" is also in some theatres right now... that one looks like it'd be worth seeing.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Does anyone know of any movies about the battle of Belleau Wood?

Nov. 11th? dang, i'll be in MCT then.

I'll be in ITB when it comes out.

everyone want to make a buck these days.. LOL

The one I can't wait for is Spillberg movie about the book"Flags of our Fathers". I want to see them storm the beach.

I will be looking for it when it comes out. thanks for letting us know about it.

I don't know why posts about Jarhead, the book, the movie, whatever, keep popping up.

Jarhead is some idiot's (who is now a college professor, go figure) wet dream of what he thought the Marine Corps would be like. When he found out it wasn't, he didn't let that stop him in his book. The book is all about Anthony Swofford, the big hero. A drill instructor smashed his face his face through a blackboard (wow!), he threw a guy over a bar (I've seen that too, in movies), and has a problem with authority (awww).

Of course Hollywood's making a film adaptation, they probably came in their pants when they read the script.

Go here, here, or here for a perfect description of this book that describes my feelings perfectly.

Originally posted by lprkn
    I don't know why posts about Jarhead, the book, the movie, whatever, keep popping up.

Jarhead is some idiot's (who is now a college professor, go figure) wet dream of what he thought the Marine Corps would be like. When he found out it wasn't, he didn't let that stop him in his book. The book is all about Anthony Swofford, the big hero. A drill instructor smashed his face his face through a blackboard (wow!), he threw a guy over a bar (I've seen that too, in movies), and has a problem with authority (awww).

Of course Hollywood's making a film adaptation, they probably came in their pants when they read the script.

Go here, here, or here for a perfect description of this book that describes my feelings perfectly.
    I'm even more interested now in the book and movie.

Thread Information