Marine Corps History quiz- Test your knowledge - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    lol its the point where the DI's turn from all out ass chewing to guidance on a more personal level, a time where leadership and teamwork hit its peak. Problem solving and physical tests. Where if everyone doesnt succede than no one succeds. It was created by Gen. Al Gray. Not sure what time that was exactly.

How many ragheads did India Co. waste in Fallujah

Registered User Free Member R.Linde's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    A Sh*tpot full

I guess my questions must have been to damn easy for you wanna-bees...?

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    can you translate this latin moto into english and in this order?

Seape Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

Credits
    Savings
    Often Teased, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever

Pel

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Often Tested, Always Faithful and Brothers Forever - benefit of the doubt says that was a typo Pel LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks

Easy question: In Iwo Jima, what was the name of the mountain where the American Flag was raised?

I waited to see if one of the poolees would answer your question b4 I put my 2 cents in............LOL

Iwo Jima listen? (Japanese 硫黄島 Iōjima, meaning "sulfur island") is a volcanic island in Japan, part of the Volcano Islands (also known as the Ogasawara Islands), approximately 650 miles (1046 km) south of Tokyo (24.78°N, 141.32°E). It has an approximate area of 8 square miles (21 km2). The most prominent feature of the island is" MOUNT SURIBACHI ", a volcano which is thought to be dormant or extinct, and which is 546 feet (166m) in height.

The island of Iwo Jima is located 650 miles south of Tokyo.
    Landsat photo Iwo Jima, circa 2000The island was uninhabited until the 1800s. Japan colonized it and by 1943, a settlement of almost 1,100 Japanese civilians existed on the island. Most of these were either employed at a sugar mill located in the northeastern portion of the island or a sulphur mine and refinery located in the same general area. The inhabitants of Iwo Jima lived in five settlements scattered over the northern half of the island. The northernmost of these was Kita, located in the north central part of Iwo. The village of Nishi was situated in the northwestern part of the island, while Motoyama, the largest built-up area on Iwo, was located in close proximity to the sulphur mine and refinery. The remaining two villages, Higashi and Minami, were located in the northeastern part of the island.

IF YOU'D LIKE ANY MORE INFO ABOUT Iwo_Jima go to this site

Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iwo_Jima

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

Heres another Iwo Jima question for you........... Out of the flag raisers..............How many made it off Iwo Jima alive....?

And who were they........?

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps.

Ira Hayes, Rene Gagnon, John Bradley (Corpsman). I couldn't find their ranks.

Q: What was the name of the Commandant who gave the Gunny (you can guess which one) his honorary promotion

Originally posted by BoazNaiman
    Ira Hayes, Rene Gagnon, John Bradley (Corpsman). I couldn't find their ranks.

Q: What was the name of the Commandant who gave the Gunny (you can guess which one) his honorary promotion
    BoazNaian........good answer.

Now to your Q...........If I understand your Q correctly i'm going to guess either Gen Holcomb or Gen. Vandegrift. If this is not correct, Please ask again.......Don't tell me the answer just yet...OK...?

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

Who was the Commandant of the USMC who gave Gunny Ermey his honorary promotion

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i recently went to Iwo Jima for the 60 th anaversary and got to meet alot of Marines that fought there 60 years ago. it was unreal and an experience i will never forget.

Thread Information