Want a tattoo? Don't do it. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MAC............ Thanks for sharing this with everyone here. While I was reading your first post to this thread. I couldn't help reflecting back to when I joined up and got to my first duty station.

I wanted a totoo of a bulldog.............You know the one wearing the DI.....cover..!!! With the letters USMC under it. So one weekend while off base I got one on my upper right arm .....Then about a month later..........Ya you guessed it right.........Another one. This time an Eagle,globe,and anchor........Across my back..With Semper Fidelis under it. Both tats can not be seen even when i'm wearing just a T-shirt. So I suppose that was one of the reasons I never caught h*ll for doing it.

That and the fact.......both of them were Marine Corps in nature.
    As far as your situation goes.......... I know removal is charged by the square inch. So have you given any thought to..........Just removing what is absolutely necessary..........to get you in..???

I know it might look a bit....weird. But if it's just a bit to high. Them maybe it wouldn't take to much satisfy the powers that be.
    Just a thought ...!!!

Semper-Fi

God Bless the Corps

Can anybody give me a rationale for the rule against bodyart. I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. We are fighting a war and from all accounts recruiting is taking a hit in the absence of a draft. Why are we rejecting motivated people because they have a little ink in their skin? There has to be a reason behind the policy, but i'm having a little trouble coming up with it.

Lightbulb

Maybe the Commandant and his Staff need to research this as well as the Death Notifications in Dress Blues. With the crappy decisions coming from HQMC here lately makes you wonder who's in charge there on the hill.

Sorry about that - I'm still fuming over the decision for our Marines to NOT WEAR dress blues for Death Notifications!!!!!!!!!!

You do make a good point Captain.

SEMPER FI,
    OLE SARG

HERE IS THE TYPE OF STUPIDITY THAT THE MARINE CORPS IS TRYING TO KEEP AWAY FROM THIS IS A FATHER AND SON PICT .
    EVIDENTLY IF YOU ARE NATURALY UGLY THEN GET A TAT, IF YOU ARE PROUD OF WHAT OR HOW YOU LOOK THEN YOU DONT NEED A TAT,
    BUT TO EACH HIS OWN

THESE TWO IDIOT,S REEK WITH INTELLIGENCE.
    IF THEY WERE RELATED TO ME I,D SHAVE THEIR ASS AND MAKE THEM WALK BACKWARDS

The changing face of American military...First the tattoo is not being allowed...What's next? No drinking or chasing women????
    Also, (sorry guys) but that picture's gotta go...

WHY ? LIKE YOU YOUNG PEOPLE SAY IT,S ONLY BODY ART

DAM* I seen that pic first thing this morning.. other than having a sick feeling in the middle of my gut.. it sure makes me think how great a dad I had, and not some sideshow with.. ahh never mind the pic speaks for itself!

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Meh once I was so unfortunate as to see a pic of a guy that got a tat on his pecker that was of a dragon and his pecker was the head of the dragon. So if you think the one up there is bad... you really wouldnt want to see that.

Pel

Most tattoos are disgusting. But what if a recruit had the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor or "Semper Fi" tattooed on his arm. Would that be acceptable? (I would never get a tattoo, other than something USMC related)

I'm waiting till I get my commisions before I even consider getting any tattos. Even then, I'm only going to get something USMC related, like a bulldog or an EGA.

For those of you out there who want to go into the Marines and are thinking about getting a tattoo, don't even think about it until your in. It's not worth the trouble you have to go through.

Hey MAC
    That totaly sux. When I Job Shadowed My recruiter we had a boy who had four tats. Gunny just asked him if he could cover them up with his hand. well each one. I am waiting to get my tat. but it will be really small and on my lower back. well MAC I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck, and thanks for the advice.

Semper Fi

Same to ya, Poolee_Guide.

Thanks for the photos...no lunch for me now.

jo1753: One of my recruiters actually called about a week ago and suggested just that idea to me; problem is by that time I'd already signed on with the Navy.

One of the main problems with this policy is that the wording is all bassackwards. I was disqualified because my tat just exceeded tattoo placement regulations. The policy states that any tattoo "on or above the first cervical vertebra of the spine" will be disqualified for enlistment. Mine is exactly in line with what they're calling the "first cervical vertebra."

I'd have no heartburn with this descision, except that they are using the wrong medical terminology. The first cervical vertebra is located in the base of the skull. The Marine Corps calls the first cervical vertebra the one that protrudes when the subject bends their head down. This is actually the SEVENTH cervical vertebra of the spinal column.

I hope that gets fixed.

I wouldn't recomend anyone getting a Marine Corps Tatoo prior to boot camp............ The Drill Instructors really have a field-day. If someone has anything Marine Corps related tatooed prior to earning it.....!!! If you do get one.........prepair to do alot more pushups and bends-and-mother-forkers...LOL

Because they will make damn sure you earn it before leaving.

Semper-Fi

God Bless the Corps

Aye sir.

I'll get an EGA tattoo after I earn the title.

One of the guys in the rack next to mine in boot camp had "Semper Fidelis" tattooed right above his butt. His waistband hid it. Somehow, the drill instructors never saw it. That kid courted death everyday.

Thread Information