Pledge of Allegiance Declared Un-Constitutional... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Bloodstripe

political correctness sucks! say what ya mean/mean what ya say! if you feel 'offended' you probably should be! TUFF F---IN S--T! cry me a river! Bloodstripe, you're righter than rain! Semper Fi! arzach

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: lcpl race

Originally posted by arzach
    i'm not gonna 'take off' on lcpl race's comments, normally i would. he needs to re-read what he wrote as quoted from the constitution! 'IN GOD WE TRUST' ON CURRENCY IS NO ENDORSEMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT, MERELY A MOTTO. the founding fathers never figured there would be the kind of 'pinheads' running around like we have today. THEY were all christian, God-fearing men. they made the mistake of thinking all who followed them would be likewise! we as a nation, are great because of our belief in God, turning our backs will only alienate him from us. if anyone has a problem spending our currenc , don't use it! this includes 'plastic' . turn it all in and go on about your business! arzach rick johnson
    Actually, I would kindly suggest that Sgt Johnson re-read the Constitution. Such mottoes, whether found on currency, postage, or offical government documents, DOES most certainly suggest government endorsement of religion. A motto is not merely a comment made in passing or a quote made as an afterthought.

That's very enlightening that our Founding Fathers were "God-fearing Christians." I have the fortune of not being a "God-fearing Christian". Of course, you are certainly entitled to your opinion that "turning one's back" will "alienate us from God". Since I don't believe in a God and state that there is no God, I have no fear of alienation.

Your suggestion that I don't spend our currency because of the mention of God serves only as another reminder that religious self-righteousness and intolerance is alive and well in this country despite years of strides in equality. It is not political correctness that you accuse your liberal rivals of spouting - this is the equal protection and due process under the law as rightfully should be practiced in this coutntry.

Please be reminded of the reason why the first Puritan Pilgrims sailed over to Plymouth, or why the Mormons made the trek from Missouri to Deseret, or why the Huguenots fled France for England. In the same vein, remember the Salem Witch trials that the descendants of the first Pilgrims set up to purge themselves of "evil" intent. It goes both ways, Sgt.

Semper Fidelis,

LCpl Race (gwladgarwr(

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mpwildes
    [B]Lets just get rid of the National Anthem, Marines hymn, ect ect. Unconstitiutional my A**. Is it unconstitutional to display the American Flag? No. But it's unconstitiutional to burn our flag in protest.

Actually, burning the American flag in protest is not against the law or unconstitutional. Protected under the 1st Amendment under freedom of speech. Not one I'd recommend practicing myself, though.

There is no mention of "God" in the Marines' Hymn - only "If the Army and the Navy/Ever look on Heaven's scenes...". However, the fourth verse of the National Anthem does read "In God is our trust...". Only the first verse of Francis Scott Key's poem is recognized as our official National Anthem (since 1931).

LCpl Race (gwladgarwr)

Well Arzach I am so ticked off at all this politically correct crap. You see what alot of this has gotten us. Look at half of the youth today. Its what can you do for me? Cater to MY needs. Careful what you say, we don’t want to offend little Tommy’s feelings.
    Sure Mr. terrorist come into our country, we shouldn’t search you...it might hurt your feelings. Oh you’re of Middle Eastern descent, your right we shouldn’t keep an eye out on you. That wouldn’t be right. Oh I understand we are at war right now but if we categorize you...well that wouldn’t be right. But. If I go to your country and being the AMERICAN that I am...I AM A TARGET...But that’s ok.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Registered User Free Member Grunt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Bloodstripe

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your complaints of today's youth and political correctness are highly uncalled for. When exactly was the last time you actually said the pledge of allegiance? I know I can’t remember the last time I said it. I don’t consider myself "today's youth" but I guarantee you if political correctness was taken a little more seriously in past generations maybe "today’s youth" wouldn’t have to complain so much about it. Today's youth has no war to protest, no civil rights to fight for, and thanks to the generation before them has to face the world as taught to them by their single mothers. If there has been any generation that needed the catering, it is the boomers that generation is all about number one and can only blame themselves for letting the next generation end up the way it is. So maybe your right, lets get rid of political correctness and leave Colin Powell unemployed, forget any diplomatic relationships we have with all foreign countries, and put Christianity back in schools. Then maybe next we can have substantial gun control, non-Christian holocaust, funny hair, and half cropped moustaches. Oh hey, let’s make our special forces blond haired, blue eyed, 6 foot tall white guys too!!!

Registered User Free Member Grunt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."

Socrates- (470-399 B.C.)

KILL...If U ever did KILL Y the hell would ya announce it..
    Kinda harsh ain't it Grunt?

TeufelHunden
    Guest Free Member

Arrow This'll Be My Last irt This Subject...

...Unless I feel compelled to reply otherwise :o

IMHO, one cannot be more hypocritical, than to have no problem whatsoever, earning and spending $$$ with the words 'In God We Trust' inscribed thereon. I say this without trepidation whatsoever, if I'm that guy's, the atheist prick's boss/supervisor, I'm firing his ass. If he's that firm in his atheist ways, I see no reason paying him, or anyone else who feels the same, in money he rightfully earned, so they can spend said money with the forbidden word thereon, because doing so would be against my principles & quite frankly my good common sense.

LadyLeatherneck
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up Teufel

< Standing BEHIND Teufel >

Grunt

Grunt
    As a matter of fact I said the Pledge about a month ago at a graduation. And as far as your comment about "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your complaints of today's youth and political correctness are highly uncalled for" Who appointed you the bearer of bad news, and why would you think I would think what you had to say was "Bad news"? And my comment's uncalled for? WHAT? Because I think the kids now days are disrespectful that’s uncalled for? Let me tell you something. In my day when an adult spoke to you, you responded with "YES SIR" or "NO MAM" ...What ever the case may be. Not with this crap of "YA" and then an eye roll. You went out and got a job and worked for what you wanted...didn’t expect it to come to you on a silver platter.

And you also said that if political correctness was taken a little more seriously in past generations maybe "today’s youth" wouldn’t have to complain so much about it. Tell me what do they have to complain about? Huh?

And so because someone was raised by a single mother gives him or her the excuse to do what ever ...BS!!!! You see that’s one of the big problems...NO ONE WANTS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE ACTIONS!!!!! I robbed the store and killed the storekeeper because I was raise by a single mom...B.S!!!!!
    And if you think by getting rid of political correctness and leave Colin Powell unemployed, forget any diplomatic relationships we have with all foreign countries, and put Christianity back in schools. Then maybe next we can have substantial gun control, non-Christian holocaust, funny hair, and half cropped moustaches. Oh hey, let’s make our Special Forces blond haired, blue eyed, 6-foot tall white guys too!!!.... Then you sure do live in a different world then I do.... In my world you work for what you want, Don’t ask for hand outs, Be respectful to your elders...And since you like to quote famous people...here’s one for you....

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
    JFK

LadyLeatherneck
    Guest Free Member

Talking Bloodstripe

Did you get all that out in one breathe?!!...LOL! I'm with you 100% my
    brother....and AMEN to the quote....
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

that's one of my favorites.

LadyLeatherneck, trust me I could say more but my fingers were tiring out... Glad to see I have some back up....SEMPER FI

Cool PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

I SALUTE ALL MY FELLOW MARINES WHO HAVE STOOD UP AND DEFENDED OUR WAY OF LIFE.

AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Sempers,

Roger

Well said drifter. Very well said.

Ok fellers, break, go to your corners, have a beer and remember. We be family here. Sempers folks. At least ya were using a certain amount of fact and truth. Anyone read the WHOLE Declaration of Independence lately. The Constitution only works as legislated and is interpreted by the Supreme Court. The problem may lie elsewhere. Rethink your strategy, Marines. Don't be gettin mad at someone else and taking it out on yer squad.

Thumbs up bloodstripe

very well put,bloodstripe! catch your wind, have a brew on me. as for grunt, continue with your way of thinking,and you'll eventually either figure it out, or fall by the wayside. my generation worked for what we got, nothing given, treated our elders with respect,and did our country's bidding. granted there were a few 'potheads' and believe me they are STILL A SORRY BUNCH! with sorry azzed kids! arzach

Thread Information