Pledge of Allegiance Declared Un-Constitutional... - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Grunt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Bloodstripe & arzach

Trust me ya'll. I was, by no means, trying to hack on your generation's way of doing things. I am a member of the so called X generation but grew up learning a very different lesson and acting in a very different way than your complaints address. I have worked very hard for where I am today and what I have accomplished and if I ever even thought of disrespecting any elders my ancestors would jump from their graves and get me!!! I don’t know if it is because of where I grew up, or because of the kind of peers I associated with, but this is the general consensus of many people my age that I come in contact with. Every generation will have something bad to say about the generation after it. This is especially true if you seek to find the bad, which is why I quoted Socrates. Imagine if he saw the progress the world has made today, do you really think he would complain about the generation that made any form of religious practice free from persecution (to most legal extents), and (due to political correctness) the equal treatment of ALL people regardless of color or creed.. I doubt it, but he'd probably still ***** about the youth of his day just like I'll probably do about my children's generation!
    I in no way believe in any religion but Christianity, and ask on a daily basis what it is (besides pay taxes) I can do for my country. The same country that has freedom of religion and the freedom from persecution of not wanting to pledge your allegiance to a specific god. This country has made some serious social gains that can not all be contributed to just one generation. Trust me on this, even if it might seem that that next generation is "falling by the wayside" well, rest assured, this is America and you are in damn good hands.

Credits
    Savings

Re: wrbones

C'mon ref there aint nothing wrong with a little sibbling rivalry. Its all in good taste' to an extent!

ENUFF IS ENUFF

Well after Shaffer finishes with me, I'll probably get the boot but ......

Any sum***** that agrees with removing the "Pledge" to our Flag in schools or anywhere else can get the fvck out of my Country. I got over 58,000 bro's on that ugly piece of black stone in DC that stood by their desks in school when they were kids and said it....then they went to Nam to Fight for it, and they DIED FOR IT !!! If you don't like MY PLEDGE TO MY FLAG then you ain't no kind of Marine that I would have wanted in a fighten hole with me in Nam.....matter of fact you ain't no kind of Marine at all if you believe that......turn in your Eagle, Anchor and Globe and get the HELL OUT !! You just SLAPPED EVERYONE O MY BRO'S IN THE FACE and I wouldn't trust you in a ****house with a muzzle on !!!!
    PLEASE DON'T EDIT !!

AND

I ain't even had my NAPALMED JAVA YET !!!

Creed

My Rifle - The Creed of a United States Marine
    by MGen William H. Rupertus, USMC Retired
    (written following the attack on Pearl Harbor)
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace!

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Marines:
    Don't pull out the cammies or that M-16 just yet.... Since this Marine was a child and learned to understand the Constitution, I always thought the phrase 'one nation under God' - was a violation of the Seperation of Church and State Clause. I carry a pocket Constitution in my vehicle daily, and use it whenever called to. We Marines do one thing better than any other branch of the Armed Forces - we THINK for OURSELVES. The best layed missions got you one thing - a trip home in a 1 way zippered bag.
    Let the idiots do their thing (ieoliticians).

Let the Marines take care of what we've taken care of since before this country was even in existence.
    Now, let me eat my rusty barbed wire and drink my napalmed coffee before I get upset......

The Sergeant Major sez SEMPER FI

Thumbs up feelin' mo'better

great post drifter--- needed that this A.M. arzach

By God, I think U got yer point across Barn Dog.
    Semper Fi, Marine

Grunt
    I am not that much older then you. I just can’t stand this P.C. bulls@#t . Like I said it seems like no one wants to be held accountable for his or her actions. My parents had me walk a chalk line, and trust me my children do the same.
    And if you have worked very hard for where you are today ...outstanding. Where I have a problem is when people start to blame other for there problems. And about this idiot in California that does not want GOD stated in the pledge, well in a way your right when you stated.."The same country that has freedom of religion and the freedom from persecution of not wanting to pledge your allegiance to a specific god" Exactly what I am trying to say. I don’t think no one is holding a gun to his head forcing him to say GOD. He seems to think this is forced on him, and that’s wrong. But is it all right for him to get it throw out and forcing his belief on millions of AMERICANS?

In GOD we trust
    Semper Fi

I was Raised Catholic Bloodstripe...for 8years..I went to a Catholic School. I got no problem with God in any way!!! God, Country,and Corps, Marine !! I think EVERYONE should have enough sence to realize we ALL have FREEDOM of Religion..
    I have Faith in ALL that The Corps has instilled in me And God is one of them !

Semper Fi, Marine!

Credits
    Savings

The never ending battles of religion and politics.

Talk about a can of worms! If there is any subject that can be more arguable and never winnable (are those words?) it would have to be politics!! This gentleman wanting to take God out of the pledge of allegiance isn’t necessarily throwing his belief on any one else, he just wants everyone to get a fair shake on their beliefs. By not pledging your allegiance to God does not make you un-patriotic by any means, not pledging the American flag does. This whole under god phrase was added by Eisenhower because of the fear of communism. Well, that fear is no longer a threat and it makes room for people that want their children to make their own decisions on who god is. This whole subject proves how loud their voices can be. Though you see it is no longer the main subject on your nightly news.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I'm just the pup so please don't kill me but....

I was always taught that Separation of Church and State meant that the government could not say that there is one national religion. The pledge does not do that, so how is it a violation of this? Just my 2 cents worth....

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

RE: Today's youth

Hmmmmm...just read back a bit and read the comments made about today's youth. Bloodstripe: You mention that when you were growing up, it was "Yes ma'am" and "No sir" or what have. Please keep in mind, not everybody has lost those manners. Not all of today's youth is lost. Just the ones you see on the news. Go to a school and you will most likely see student volunteers cleaning up around campus, maybe painting some fences for the school, cleaning the parking lots and hallways, etc. Go into the classrooms and see the American flags that fly in them. Then go home and turn on the news and hear about the kids that are bad, the kids in gangs that kill people or steal or what have you. How often on the news do you see good things about teens? Ever see the stories about those of us that volunteer in hospitals as candy stripers or just randomly go to hospital rooms and try to cheer up residents? How about those teens that, every weekend, dress as clowns and go into a children's oncology ward and try to make those kids laugh and smile for an hour. Or those of us that volunteer with police departments or animal shelters. Yes, there are kids today, teens today, that have no respect for authority or life or whatever. But there are a LOT of us out there that do have that respect. We say the pledge every day, salute the flag each time we pass one by, salute a police officer, fireman, or EMT when they drive past to let them know that they are doing a good job. Those of us that send out random e-mails to police officers or military personnel, just to say "Great job, keep up the good work." There are more of us out here than you think.

priorities

ok grunt, back up a tad. this calif. clown is tying the courts up with something that is real low on the priority list. that's B.S.! IF HE'S uncomfortable with his daughter saying the words, then simply tell her not to! there are bigger problems the courts have to deal with.
    pup2b, thank GOD, not all your generation is like the ones we hear about all the time! a few always riun it for the rest, just like the 'Calif. Creep'
    SEMPER FI Marines!

Registered User Free Member Havelka's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down pledge/Chicago tribune

The Chicago Tribune is a commie newspaper,they support all kinds
    of anti-American crap.I can only not buy that rag paper

Thread Information