Alright fellow poolees what would your PFT be if you took it today? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just to let you all know, (by the way, I'm a PFC and currently at MOS school, and haven't changed my name yet) don't sweat the physical aspects before bootcamp too much. Just make sure you can do at least 3-5 pullups, and be in somewhat decent shape. Bootcamp will take care of the rest. Bootcamp is designed to take you from a barely healthy person to a strong Marine. So, PT will start off slow, and gradually work its way up.

If you need to worry about anything, it's mentally preparing yourself for three months of hell.

Bootcamp = 20% physical, 80% mental.

Registered User Free Member Sgt Ski 2/7's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Webber is right, the body will go alot further than the mind thinks it can. If you think you can't do something than most likely you will fail or give up. Marines are overachievers and are never satisfied with just doing thier best. They go above and beyond thier best.If you want to talk about always being on the recieving end than take a look at Audie Murphy even though he was in the Army his is a great story of never settling on aanything. Or for all you die hard Marines Sgt Maj Kellogg is a personal favorite of mine. I had the pleasure of serving under him and if you want to know a great story find out about him. He won the MOH in Vietnam in Quan Nam Province. His is a true story of a Marine.

Well first my PFT would be ---

Pull-up's - 15 ( im also about 6'6 - 6'7 )( 215 pounds ) ( Working on these )
    Sit-up's - 100 ( I can do more but in boot camp from what Im told it doesnt matter if you can do more stop at 100 )
    3 mile run - about 21-22 which would make my total score = 257(if I run a 21 ) (if I run a 22) = 251

when I get up to 20 pull-up's I will have a 282! and I did say when...

oh man I love reading these poolee sections

Yea, me too... we love when you read them as well

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Odc, should still push your self at boot camp on those crunchs... 100... thats 100%... Dont you love the give it 110 percent? Those scores will follow us around why cut yourself short?

17 Pullups.
    20:30 3 mile.
    157 situps in 2 min. was my very best usually I get around 140\

Pel

Im going off what my recruiter said he told me that it was a smart idea to stop at 100% because .. you dont get extra points 100 is the max amount of points and they said "why waste our energy, and not do as well on the other portions than show how "manly" you can be

100 % at all times is required you will not stop at 100 because I will not let you.......besides crunches is the last event. If two recruits both score 300 on the PFt and you do 100 and the other does 101, Who do you think is going to be the Company high PFT-er. Go after 200.........give 100% at all times

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Poolee Coulter Im sorry if I have mislead you in the info I gave you, so let me clarify. For now do as your recruiter suggests he is the one that you need to satisfy today. But once yout hit those yellow foot steps its a whole new ball game. Listen up to the Gunny he's right and your Drill Instructor will expect 110% out of all recruits because all the grade points will be for the honor of the platoon. Right now you are judged as an individual at MCRD you will be judged as part of a team.

Ty Drill Instructor and thank you Jinelson! neither of you had mislead me! we all make mistakes, we jus have to fix them and not let them happen again!

My PFT actually might be above 288 now. I ran the 1.5 yesterday in 8:40.

Registered User Free Member JuicyJ's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by drillinstructor
    100 % at all times is required you will not stop at 100 because I will not let you.......besides crunches is the last event. If two recruits both score 300 on the PFt and you do 100 and the other does 101, Who do you think is going to be the Company high PFT-er. Go after 200.........give 100% at all times

I might be wrong gunny, but when I was at PI they wouldn't count our crunches after 100 because they were maxed out. Just like if you could do over 20 pull ups or less than an 18:00 3-mile. Was that just how our company ran things, or have things changed?

Running time 13:18 (I run slow)
    Pull Ups- 8-12
    Crunches- 98!!! <---- I WILL make 100 next IST...

I think by bootcamp I will be able to do approx. 12:-- on my run, and 15 pull ups, and 110-120 crunches... shipping in june so i got a lot of work to do.

Recuit Parrish is 5' 5" and 137 lbs.

1 1/2 Mile Run = 9:58
    Pull Ups = 20
    Crunches = 80

Not bad for a CASUAL Smoker, Hard Core Chewer and REDNECK who wears nothing but wranglers ahhh?

Dang..Yall are pushing yourselfs hard before you go to Boot Camp. Just because your in real good physical condition doesn't mean it will be easier on you.

Once I get to running a mile at a average of 6 minutes(Mostly will get at boot camp) I will be satifised. 20 pull-ups(Mostly will get at boot camp) and 100 crunches is easy.

Thread Information