Calling all females
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Calling all females

I'm a female shipping to boot 20050606. Anyone coming with me? I'm opening this tread because I want some female advice of what to expect in boot and throughout the Corps.
    If you're a female Marine, what's the pros and cons of boot? Should I worry about my hair? Are the di's really that mean? What's it like in the 4th Battalion? How should I prepare? What about the "womanly time" (of the month, that is)? Anything!
    If your a female poolee, when do you ship? What's your strengths and weaknesses? IST score? What's your concerns about boot?
    Any answers, or any other advice would be greatly appreciated by myself, and any other female poolees?

Also, any female Marines recently graduated, I met a female di a few months ago, her name was Bowen. Just wondering if anyone here had her. She was mean!

Thanks!

Hey Lorix,
    I am shipping 20050815. My weakness are running and push ups, crunches were but I have been improving tremendiously over the last couple of months. My strength, I can hold on for the flex arm for the whole 70 secs, especially with a little "encouragement" from my recruiter! I am working really hard to train. My IST: 70 sec flex arm hang, 54 crunches, and 14:15 run time for 1.5 mi. I know my time sucks really bad. Once this snow melts here in MI, my butt will be outside running everyday! MI weather sucks, dont you agree? LOL My concerns as far as boot camp goes, well everything! I am not a swimmer, I have to take swimming lessons in the spring. If you have any questions for me, ask! LOL What part of MI are you in?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh to be a fly on the wall in a 4th BN barracks for just a few minutes... I just wanna see what they do differently... honest!

The smell probably has a little different of a flavor.

Well there are alot of things to expect, lots running, yelling, stress, etc, but everyone takes things differently. My advice to you is to hit the gym, work on your running as much as you can, go get a pull up bar that fits inside your door at home and work with that. As to that time of the month, most women wont have a period due to the high levels to exercise, and if you do it will only be spotting but they are prepared for that. Yes the D.I.s are that mean, but you grow to respect them especially once you graduate, you will have more respect for them then you could imagine. Just stay motivated, move quickly, never say "I or ME". Just work on your physical abilities, and about a week or so before you are to ship stop what you are doing and relax, I know it will be hard to do that because you will be nervous and everything else. Just take that time to try to get mentally ready for the road you have ahead of you. As long as you have the desire and determination to become a Marine then you will! If you have any questions feel free to pm me! Semper Fi

Talking

The only advice I can add is...pay attention to the earlier messages. The title MARINE is worth all the "pain & suffering" as some "tinkerbells" might say. At my age I am still very proud to tell any and all "I am a Marine, too!" Good luck, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut unless you are given permission to sound off. Arlene

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the advice everybody! It is quite helpful. Physically, I think I am pretty much prepared. My best IST scores are: 94 sec. flex, 104 crunches in 2 min., and 11:59 on the 1.5 mile. Don't mean to bring you down Poolee20050815, sorry. Mentally, I am pretty good, I'm taking time to learn general info like the rank structure and the general orders, stuff like that. I am very competitive, and will never quit. To you, I may sound like I am prepared and ready to go, and will make it through no problem. But I'm nervous and all. I kinda want to go, wish time would hurry up, but slow down a lot when that day to ship comes close. It's weird. Good luck to all you poolees, and thanks for the advice Marines!

Get yourself in the best shape as you can, alot of stretching will help to loosen you up and make sure you breath as wel to add oxy to your blood for the muscles.
    get your run time to the lowest try for 8 min, and do 80 sit-ups

Damn Lorix! You dont bring me down, lol, you motivate me! How can you do that many crunches??? Best of luck to you!

Hey Lorix,
    I know how you feel. I ship to PI on June 6th. I hope you and I are in the same Bn. Get ready even if we are not thats cool. Hey lets get ready. One thing I want to do before I go to PI is do a min. of 5 pull ups. I am doing my best to try. last month my IST was, which by the way suxed was......47sec. flex, 40 Crunches, and 13:47 mile and a half. so I am not in the best shape and boot is going to kick my ends......

But always remeber Semper Fi

Originally posted by Poolee_Guide
    Hey Lorix,
    I know how you feel. I ship to PI on June 6th. I hope you and I are in the same Bn.

I'm pretty sure all females train in 4Bn. November, Oscar and Papa are the possible companies within 4Bn. Since you're shipping on the same day, you'll be in the same company but could be in different platoons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I am very competitive, and will never quit.
    Be careful of what you ask for Lorix, this time you will MOST DEFINIATELY get it!

Keep that it mind when you have absolutely ZERO strength or will left in any part of your mind and body.

Just when you think its over, you will rememebr why you volunteered for this challenge. And from somewhere unkown one more ounce of will and energy will get you through the next ten minutes.

This advice is not just for the 4th BN poolees!

Guide and Lorix we will all be down there at the same time and graduation is SEP 2 Lima Co., 3rd RTBn. and Oscar Co., 4th RTBn.

I will be in Lima Co., 3rd RTBn. I can't wait to go to PI on June 6th!

Credits
    Savings
    I can't wait either. When May comes around though, I'll be nervous, I know, altough I can't wait. Within a month, I turn 18, quit my part time job (woo-hoo!), end college, graduate from high school (taking college classes while in hs, so I'm promoted to pfc.), and ship to boot, all in one month. It's gonna go fast for me, won't have much time for my nervous breakdown...hehe! Best of luck to all of you!

wow seeing all yalls scores is motivating. my flex armed is probabaly the worst out of the IST for me, about 30 secs. my crunches are at 65 and my running has been going good, depending on what im doing im able to run anywhere from a mile in 7 mins to running just 3 miles and passing what would be the pft. im passing the IST at about 12: something. all my scores are kinda outdated because we havent done the IST now in like 3 or 4 months. but i run like every other day and ive been lifting weights so i get some upper body stength ...haha im working on it

Thread Information