Anyone Burn Privies In Nam? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    ivalis, I said it before - 'What the Hell is your problem?'

Methinks your meds need adjusted.

Originally posted by ivalis
    rather burn sh!tters than be a corporal.
    e-nothings ran the crotch, NCOs just thought they did.
    Ivalis,

There are many things that I wish I would never be in this world, being an ill mannered Sot like you is one of them!

As you are a member because you filled out an on-line registration only, might I remind you that you should be civil. Of course, if I were a pimple face dude with nothing to do, and no future, I would probably be just like you when the institution gave me computer privileges for the day!

For the record, Oh two year boy, if you can not hold your liquor, don't type on the site.

As far as doing the crapper detail, we had an e-tool and a path through the wire. We did not have one of those contraptions on the line! We just had to be careful at night that no one shot us! Now, wouldn't that be a letter home to our parents: "Your Marine was pumped while taking a dump!"

Credits
    Savings
    Images

IS HE

Originally posted by bigalholmes165
    ivalis, I said it before - 'What the Hell is your problem?'

Methinks your meds need adjusted.

I like to know, is this Ivalis for real or is he joking around ? I don't want to lock and load on someone without good cause.:rambo:

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Im so happy to see that the tradition continues decades later.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson

Im so happy to see that the tradition continues decades later.

Whats he doing striking for cook

2 tours in Vietnam and niver had to burn a craper.

You know it does put a new meaning to shxt on a shingle

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Anyone who was below the rank of Corporal had the devine pleasure of cleaning the public toilets in the land of the Nam. They were somewhat different than we were accustomed to here in the world. 55 gallon drums cut in half and placed below a wooden bench with a hole in it, in a wood out house type structure. Hygiene being a necessity required them to be burned daily. So that required a detail of snuffies to pull the drum away from the structure and douse with 5 gallons of No. 2 diesel and toss in a activated flare or thermite grenade. Oh lord I can smell the aromatic stench to this day. They would burn for hours all over the country side lifting jet black plumes of smoke skyward.

Who amoung us has had this distinct honor to claim? Dang it was good to make Corporal no more burning shi1ters.

Aint memories great?
    I know this does not belong in this section but thought it was interesting to note that nothing much changed. We had the same crappy job in Desert Shield/Storm. Heck probably used your blueprints Ha! Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    IVALIS~WILL JUST BE FINE;STICKING TOO HIS DIET!A HALF BARREL OF MILLER A DAY,ALL THE CHEESE AND VENISON HE CAN EAT!!!BUT NO CPL./S~ALLOWED!!!(LMFAO)SEMPER~HO~HO!!!

I burned the ****ters but not in Nam. Did it in Kuwait. I doubt it was any more fun for that matter. Of course I burned them in 110 degree heat. Nothing smells worse then heat stressed ****.

Not a very good picture but then who really wants a good picture of this work?

Credits
    Savings
    never had the "pleasure" to stand guard over a honey bucket but I see things haven't changed much in 40 years....

who has the marshmellows

I burned ****ters as a Sergeant! I had a disagreement with a Major, who took me to the CO, who had both of us tell our side of the story. He took my side.
    Major Parker never forgot. He had ingenious ways of getting me assigned to details that Cpls and Sgts. did not do. In addition to burning ****ters, I rode 'shotgun' on the garbage truck, and filled many sandbags.

I suffered great indignities under that Major, and I swore that I would never be 'right' about anything when he was around. But I did survive. I still dislike the SOB, but it didn't do me any harm to burn ****ters.
    Semper Fi.

i was in charge of burning the 4 holers,on hill 37,from dec 8,68-jan10,69.as a doc,i had the privlege to drive the mule and supervise the burning.i used to see how long i could them to burn,especially the one in officers country.so the gooks could put rounds on them! this was after i had 5 months with bravo co.,1/7. i didn't mind,as i wasn't humpin the bush!

SEMPER FI!
    DOC KIRKPATRICK

Thread Information