Iraqi prisoners at ABU GHRAIB
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Iraqi prisoners at ABU GHRAIB

recently i was instructed to do a research paper on the "torture" of the Iraqi prisoners by the American soldiers. I believe that we should be able to do things to make people talk, but i think some of the soldiers crossed the line... I wanted to know what you Marines thought of the whole thing. I think your view would be more educated and experienced than mine.

like i said i back and forth on this one!

Well Amamda,
    I for one don't really care what our troops did to these so call detainees. I have enough faith in our troops that they will do what is necesary to keep others alive. As for "torture".. I think not. What happened in that prison truly fails to meet my definition of torture. Sounded like just some over aggressive hazing to me. Wonder if the bleeding hearts would go after college frats for the same thing? Sure some guys might have gone a LITTLE too far but oh well. OUR troops are more important to me than their "freedom fighters".

This crap of "they'll treat our troops worse if they are captured because of this" is BS. They don't seem to have a problem cutting the heads off of civilians what makes anyone with a rational mind think they will treat our troops well.

The people in this country that go overboard with this story just want to try to "hurt" the administration. The fact is they hurt our troops. So what some raghead had to stand there for 30 minutes / 2hrs / whatever. So what they didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep. I FOR ONE DON'T CARE. So what. How quickly they forget that Saddam would have just killed them or cut out their tongues or something of the like. Where is the liberal media out cry for that.

I give OUR guys the benefit of the doubt. I trust us more than I trust them.

Well said CAR! You covered everything except---why do we even WANT to take and care for these enemy fighters? Help 'em die in the combat zone and none of this liberial crying would have begun.

yep i agree with both of you gentleman..

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    mistreatment of prisoners pays poor dividends. the bulk of the prisoners are going to be released without any charges being filed.

how can we possibly hold ourselves out as the prime example of democracy & a nation of laws and treat those in our care so poorly.

Originally posted by ivalis
    mistreatment of prisoners pays poor dividends. the bulk of the prisoners are going to be released without any charges being filed.

how can we possibly hold ourselves out as the prime example of democracy & a nation of laws and treat those in our care so poorly.
    Why do you think that they are prisoners? Maybe because they were fighting againest us?

Democarcy? I thought that we were a republic, with representation, not "mob rule".

The prisoners? If they shot at us---screw 'em! Leave them on the battlefield!

Originally posted by ivalis

In our care so poorly...........??
    Our we running a pre-school or day care here.......?
    Hell no...............like CAR mentioned a while back. These people cut the heads off of people who do not even carry weapons.
    You bleeding heart.............wake-up before it's to late. You can't play fair with these people any more then we could in Vietnam. Thay consider that as our weakness as a country. And thay are real good at exploiting someones weakness.
    You insult everyone who lost someone on 9/11 Was that fighting fairly.........?? If you think for one moment it was.............Please pack your bags and I hold a fund raiser to make sure you get on the first flight out of this country.......It was bleeding hearts like you back in 1975 who turned up the heat til congress wouldn't fund our efforts in Vietnam.......Then we had no other choice but to pull out...................Semper-Fi

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    torture is a cowards way out. there i've said it, those that mistreat prisoners are nothing but a bunch of cowards.

if i was caught up in a sweep of "the usual suspects" and subjected to that kind of treatment for no reason (yes you morons, a significant number of the prisoners had nothing to do with terrorism and or attacks on our troops) don't you think i would live out the rest of my day seeking revenge.

enlightened self interest demands that prisoners be treated humanely.

jo, liberal i may be, bleeding heart, certainly not, you sir are an idiot. what in the hell did Iraq have to do with 9-11. i pity the fools that drink the administrations kool aid.

whats up with the name caling Ivalis? we NEVER agree, but that's ok, but that is kinda crossing the line with the morons, and idiot name calling. Who P!ssed in YOUR cherios? having a bad day or something?
    of cpurse, I guess jo was crossing the line with a little personal attack of his own there wasn't he?

lets keep it civil people

Thank You, HardJedi...

Ellie

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i get it now, reprimands depend on the political suasion of the poster.

no ivalis didn't........instead ivails chose yet another form of attack.
    By criticizing the way our troops are handling things over there. And yes I know in IRAQ........!!!

But are you not able to see terrorism has no bounds for one...!!!
    So if you feel those people who cut the heads off of civilians who do not carry and weapons,and do it over the internet. Are thay not choosing terror as a weapon to whom ever watches.

And was it a mere coincidence we as a country were not all that interested in IRAQ till right after 9-11.......? .............Semper-Fi

Hey guys, care if I step in?

We shouldn't be in Iraq at all. We should have headed to the house of Saud, but of course that wasn't going to happen and we know why.

Ok, back to the prisoners---if they pointed a rifle at you they shouldn't be prisoners, they should be dead!

jo makes a point about, "the way our troops are handing things over there". I would like to point out that our troops handle things very well but it is the folks in DC that handle the war.

ivalis makes the point that we should take good care of the prisoners and he his right! If we have prisoners we should treat them in a way that provides food, shelter and comfort.

The fact is---we shouldn't take prisoners! Shoot the sum-a-*****s in combat and we wouldn't have this problem!

Just some thought on the subject.

Thread Information