Corpsman
Create Post

Thread: Corpsman

Corpsman

LOOKING TO HEAR FROM ANY DOC THAT SERVED IN VIET NAM . I WAS STATIONED IN DA NANG A FEW DIFFERENT TIMES ALSO A SHORT TIME ON THE REPOSE.

You might want to try the section labeled for Vietnam. Oorah, reenlist, I love kittens.

First of all,

Welcome Doc, I want to thank you for your service to our country and to the Marines during the Vietnam War. We had some great Corpsman there, and served with honor and deserved a lot for the service they provided for us under fire. Thank You.

Gosh darn, I wish I could remember the name of that one corpsman.

He came to India Company 3/7 sometimes in January 1968 while we were on Hill 65, after we had lost a Corpsman (wounded), during Operation Foster in the old Arizona territory.

Anyways we get in this new corpsman, and we told him that he was in charge of burning the shi tters. Already getting wise, he asked why he, as a platoons Corpsman should be burning the shi tters. Well, we told him because of hygiene and it fell in line with the sanitation and medical section and that all Corpsman burned the shi tters. They drenched them in kerosene then burned them.

Well, he was new andno one told him to first take the barrels out and next thing we knew the whole wooden shi tter is going up in flames.

Credits
    Savings
    Well, he was new and no one told him to first take the barrels out and next thing we knew the whole wooden shi tter is going up in flames.
    New or not, I bet he knew exactly what he was doing, and that that was his last sh it detail.

Registered User Free Member Doc Crow's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    No he was smart cause if he screwed it up you would never ask him to do it again

Well that's the Navy for ya...can't keep an order straight...LOL

Doc Crow glad to see you on here , I was starting to think i was the only doc on this site.I served from 67 to 71 ,upon discharge i did not even consider continuing in the medical field. I work as a commerical diver / heavy eqiptment oper.I did attend a short class to become a hyperbaric chamber medic,i use this very seldom in this area because most of the dives that are done around the chicago area are considered shallow dives and a chamber and a medic are not used .

OOPS WRONG KEY LOL
    .WHILE IN VIET NAM I WAS STATIONED IN DANANG AND I WORKED THE BURN WARD

Registered User Free Member Mr.Rod's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    John, did you ever meet a Doc Rohr? He was with the MAG-11, H&MS-11 Bomb Dump in Danang in 68-?. He was still there in June of 69 when i left.

not that i can recall Rod . maybe if i saw his pic i might remember his face.there were quite a few of us docs running around over there,some names i recall but not too many of them . im 56 years old and suffer from craft.

Registered User Free Member Mr.Rod's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    will dig through my albums and see if i can find the pic of him. I know i have at least one.

Thread Information