"Have you lost your mind???" - Page 2

View Poll Results: Is there any logic to my decision to return to the USMCR at my age?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 62.07%
  • No

7 24.14%
  • Maybe

4 13.79%
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    USMC-FO, you just pushed a HUGE button! Never really thought of it that way. Perhaps even considering the response of the lifer-civilian types is pointless anyway?

JAG5150, yeah I think you may be right!!

Registered User Free Member B A Hall's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good Luck Jarhed and Semper Fi heading to the house I have one of my truckers & his wife comming got to make a beer run.

Registered User Free Member B A Hall's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good Luck Jarhed let us know how it turns out SEMPER FI!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Absolutely will!!!

Still waiting for my SRB on CD. Going to request again cause my first (two) request was in early November.

Semper Fi and good luck. I have the same feeling you have just hard decision with little ones.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    'FIND A JOB THAT YOU LOVE, AND YOU'LL NEVER WORK AGAIN'

Does that sound crazy to anybody ????

I wish you all the luck in the world. If I hadn't found my 'dream girl' 14 years ago, I'd probably be back in.

The CO knows what the Corps means to me, but I passed the torch some 25 years ago (been out a quarter century... Fk I'm old). She is now my number one concern.

Follow your heart, and you'll never have a reason to be sorry.

you MIGHT be crazy, but it has nothing to do with getting back in. hell, If I was physically able to go back, I sure as hell would. who care about money and stuff? ( besides the people I owe it to anyway)

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Timber
    Semper Fi and good luck. I have the same feeling you have just hard decision with little ones.
    I hear ya! I got a little one with me and one in Pennsyltucky. As long as I could feed, clothe and shelter them, I'm happy.

Ultimately you have to answer to your own conscience so do what ya gotta do...

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, your right Toby, HardJedi I think I am in fact crazy, but you are correct in that it really doesnt mean squat. I do like toys, nice clothes and cars, but I cant have em cause the wife just spends way too much anyway. Maybe it's time to put her on a diet (both nutritionally and financially) and get the hell back in.

Credits
    Savings
    Wow,

Just called the PSR. He said all I have to do is get to my target weight so he can submit for a physical. I thought the ball was in his court, it's in mine. haha

Lost 7 pounds so far, down to about 199, need to get to 176. He says that I'll get a physical within 3 days of notifying him of my proper weight. I'm gonna do something drastic. Cut down most of my calories so I can at least get the process started. Then I'll rebound by about 10 pounds and will continue this South Beach diet thingy to get to 176 permanently.

He's still confident that they'll let my old ass back in a Reserve unit, so I'm goin for it! Meanwhile, I still have the ANG Warrant Officer program in my back pocket if I fail (I NEVER fail!!).

jarhead,

you said you use to bodybuild so i'm assuming that most of your weight is muscle. It's worth a shot to see if they will water weigh you. The official height weight standards use to say that weight can be waived if you are under a certin body fat %. I spent 3 years getting weighed in the tank. height weight chart had my proscribed weight as 176 also but I never weighed less than 195 and at that weight I was anemic. It may save you time putting your body through the south beach.

Credits
    Savings
    Really?

I didnt think they would do that. I even asked him about caliper tests and he said "negative". I'm probably a point or two up on the bodyfat, but I'm even bringing that down like crazy. I eat very little carbohydrates now. Just steak, chicken, eggs, a little 100% whole wheat bread and some occasional veggies. I'm confident that by the time I get down to about 189, my bodyfat percentage will pretty much qualify me. Also working on building up my neck girth, since thats in the measurement for bodyfat.

Jarhed......... I'll do my best to make this short...

I have a cousin whos 55 yrs old. He just retired from the ploice force. a couple yrs ago with 22 yrs on the force.

He went into the military back in the 60's then after one hitch active he went to the reserves........for the last 30 some odd yrs. Well..............his guy at 55. decides he wants to change his daily diet to rag-head stew.

So in doing so he up and volunteers for duty in the sand box. Spends X amount of time there and gets pretty badly banged up . He spent several mo's At Walter Reed. And now hes home.

Jarhed......................if he can do it @ 55 ...........buddy I'd say if your feel your in good enough shape......................More power to you..!!! And let me thank you for not only the service your thinking of doing.............But your past service as well....Semper-Fi

God Bless the Corps.

Well jarhead I'm not certain how things are right now but it can be done. Don't let one PSR have the final say. keep looking for those other " avenues of approach". You have to be a pain in their azz to get it. go to the MEPS and talk to as many Navy Docs as you can. talk to everyone else you can until you exhausted all resourses. believe it or not until I got cleared for it I was under written orders NOT to lift weights or wrestle. good luck

Thread Information