What Is A Sparrowhawk???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Is A Sparrowhawk???

A sparrowhawk is a bird of prey(now I knows about this---if the Sparrowhawk finds out your weaknesses,he will never let up on it.)The female sparrowhawk is much larger than the male(isn't this nice to know?)She has a wingspan of 67-80 cm and is 35-41 cm in length. The male has only a wingspan of 59-64 cm and is 29-34cm in length. The sparrowhawk nests in trees and builds a new nest each year.Now isn't this just like them, wanting a new home each year!!!!!Hahahehe---------Now many people see sparrowhawks as "garden terrorists". They like to watch birdfeeders for the little birds they prey upon.(this is what they all eat) When they see their prey, they will swoop down for the kill. They don't normally catch any other prey, they just likes to eat up all our pretty songbirds. They are spectacular fliers.Whilst they may be seen soaring they can also be seen flying down a hedge row at speed----at the same time they will swoop down to one side of the hedge and then theother in an effort to frighten out the small birds which instinctively take cover when a sparrowhawk is about. At other times they will fly just above the surface of a road before disappearing through what appears to be a tiny gap in the roadside vegetation. However, it is in woodland that they excel. Like all hawks, the often-secretive sparrowhawk is capable of bursts of high speed in flight and is capable of great manoeuvrability, both when circling or flying fast and low beating along hedgerows. The large tail enables it to twist and turn effortlessly in and out of cover. Most prey is taken in flight and no doubt the element of surprise plays a large part in their capture of prey, but sparrowhawks are capable of performing remarkable pursuits and captures fast-flying birds. If the intended victim rises steeply, the hawk may turn upside down and seize it from below---if it takes to ground cover, pursuit may continue on foot.

Now this is a warning to all you new female members. Beware of the SPARROWHAWK. He will check you out and then decides if you are good prey. Now, he will probably say something like, "Humm, I thinks I have found a good prey. I thinks I'll check her out." When you are aware of him, you just mights starts talking like him because he does rubs off too easily.

I don't know if there is a Lady Sparrowhawk on board-----if not, I thinks that it should have been me.

I THINKS I SHOULD GO HIDE FOR A WEEK.

ROTFLMAO

nc.gal; You just didn't like me flying upside down, under you, while rubbing your belly... LMAO

Last time I rubbed my belly, I had a kid.....

Ellie

YOU'RE GOOD, COOK

YOU'RE GOOD. The flying upside down part----
    I didn't figure this would be your come back.

You're sooooooooooo good.

LMAO

NC.GAL

Come here little girl, come here little girl...

Want some chocolates?

LOL

I'M FEELING REAL GOOD TODAY, SO....

I think that I will give them to Airframesguru

There just might be a booby trap somewhere
    in these chocolates!!! LOL--------------LOL

If no booby traps, maybe he will share them with Ellie.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Boobie Traps? Ms. Ellie has been showing them to us every morning, noon and sometimes evenings! LOL

GARY, great quote--------------knew a male species would pick up on this. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    nc.gal,
    I believe the quote is inherent. I didn't even have to think about it. LOL However, based on what I've heard is written on the walls of womens bath rooms, it looks like women have the same inherent qualities....only nastier. LMAO

OH YEAH???????????????
    Hummmmmmmm, I 'm speechless. LOL

(Chewing) Those were (Chewing) great! Thanks for the (Chewing) treats. I am disapointed to say however (gulp) I found no boobies or traps in the box.

Some what let down,

Airframesguru

NC.Gal

You need to learn to trust the men in your life..

here let's try another one...

Just lift the lid, and just for you....

I've enclosed a NAKED PICTURE of myself

WARNING!

anyone else viewing this tread be advised

You must be 18 to click on the picture...

Talking

NC.Gal....It's good to know that the female species of the sparrowhawk is much larger!!! But we must remember that...

size does not matter. HEHEHE

Credits
    Savings
    Sparrowhawk,
    Not that is any of my concern but you wrote,"Just lift the lid, and just for you....I've enclosed a NAKED PICTURE of myself. WARNING! Anyone else viewing this thread be advised you must be 18 to click on the picture."
    Only problem I see is that you don't mention that you have to be 18 to view the picture. Actually, you don't mention any age restriction for viewing the picture only just for clicking the picture.
    I believe that you have opened the door for the Censor Police. LOL. It may be too late but you may already have, through this "Pandora Box" ploy, unleashed unnecessary evils into this world. LMAO.

Gary I think you are right

Already they are talking about sizes... LMAO

size does not matter?

Thread Information