Old Pictures - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Pictures

Registered User Free Member cockscap70's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Here is a good site: http://usslowndes.net/bayfield/ This will take you to Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Korea, and Vietnam through pictures and video courtesy of a Coast Guard APA, the Bayfield. Semper Fidelis Marines

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello cockscap70! I was in the 6th Marine Division, 29th Marines . Our 6th Division was formed on Guadalcanal and disbanded in China, never saw stateside duty as a division. We had the 4th Marines, the 22nd Marines and the 29th Marines plus the 15th Marines, our artillery regiment. Are the regiments called the X Marines as opposed to the X Marine Divisions these days? I hope that your Dad is still with us and in good shape, the Navy were great at Iwo and on Okinawa.......shake his hand for me and wish him well Maybe we are both surprised to still be breathing! JdL

Thumbs up Paul E. Ison Signed Picture

I was talking with a fellow Marine at work (we are not both civies) and I remembered a picture that I have of Pvt Paul E. Ison. I was a young buck Marine on Camp Pen during the summer of '94 when we were presented to him. He talked to us young Marines and told us how proud he was of us. He then told us how he made it through Death Valley in Okinawa. Anyway, that is well documented, and everyone knows the story. I feel pride in being able to say that I met the man, and heard it from his lips. That was motivating. He had pictures of of the famous shot taken of him (no pun intended). He signed it for me, and now I feel that it is one of my personal treasures. Does anyone know if the Corps would like to have articles like this?

Registered User Free Member jbarr74's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

John

Quote Originally Posted by John de Leeuw
    Gave you an incomplete address, sorry, it is correct below:

War & Peace inc.

1777 E. Cedarville Road,

Pottstown, PA 19465
    Do you have a current phone number for John Chalk and could you tell me if he still makes the Marine Corps Ring, I am definately interested in purchasing one.

Semper Fi
    Jim Barr SSGT of Marines
    jbarr74@hotmail.com

That pitcher is the 2ed most vied of the USMC of WW11.

Free World War 2 pic's are available on goggle just type in what your looking for and you've got it.

Thread Information