Fireside Chat - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fireside Chat

Goodmorning Folks!

It's down right bone chilling today...
    Woke up at 5 to take my children to work...
    It was 12, with wind chill temps -3..Not getting much warmer...only going to 22.
    It wasn't that bad yet, I didn't zipper my jacket yet..
    When I zipper You know it is COLD...LOL

Been on schedule so far today...Yes I need to follow my list, or I'm messed up for the day....LOL

Children gone,
    dishes done,
    posts in,
    excercise routine done..

Now the excercises are getting ready for bikini weather...It just takes longer to take off...:eek:

one of the bathroom cleaned...
    another one to go...

If I keep talking here I'll get off my schedule...

So All Have a Great Day!

Ellie

Morning Marines

Its a nice day, a breezy day and there I went and messed it up already;

Started up the Chimnea as often I do, had my cup of coffee at my side, newspapers been delievered. Opened the side gate for Madison who was there waiting for me to open the gate, then all we could see was thick black smoke.

The smell was that of burning plastic. Now, we can't find Madisons plastic food dish, and I'm thinking, okay she didn't throw it in? Did she?

Anyways that smoke got my allegies going, and now I'm sneezing, hate to take an allergy tablet cause that makes me

S

L

E

E

P

Y!

Think I'll go back to bed... talk to you all later...

Yellowwing, finished putting up the drywall almost straight, but thick plaster will cover up the gaps.. LOL

Cook

Goodmorning Folks....

Well another Cold day on my end...Not going to get much better, since they are calling for snow...We aren't going get much. They are only talking about an inch...
    That will mess the folks up that can't drive in it....and You always find them.....
    They should come up with signs for these folks stating" I'm Not Able to Drive in Snow"..At least warn us folks that are trying to get done our business...

I hate to see this weekend since they are calling for a North Eastern...When they hit...Nobody can drive....LOL

All have a good day, and stay warm

Ellie

Good Morning Everyone

It's a cloudy cool day here, temps now are twenty degrees,
    the low this morn was around 13 and the high is only
    reaching in the 30's. Nasty weather is predicted for Sat. and
    Sun. , maybe a mix of sleet, snow, freezing rain. I was hoping
    to take in a movie Saturday, but I won't go out in this mess.

Today is Wednesday, so I'll be at church tonight teaching those
    little 4 year old kids. No telling what will come out of their mouths.
    This year I have boys and girls-----last year I had a class of only 3
    year old boys----------somebody told me, "You're sure brave", but
    those boys were smarter and quieter than the all girl class, even the girls teacher noticed it. Guess I have a way with men, LOL.

Last week end I cooked that deer meat-----I used Ellie's method
    and soaked it overnight with Italian dressing. Well, I still don't
    like deer meat, but as long as my husband likes what I cook,
    guess that's all that matters.

Airframesguru and Lock N Load, lets hear from you today----
    I never see you post on this thread.

Wishing you all a good day and please stay warm.

Re: Good Morning Everyone

Originally posted by nc.gal
    Airframesguru and Lock N Load, lets hear from you today----
    I never see you post on this thread.

Wishing you all a good day and please stay warm.
    Linda, Airframesguru and Lock N Load are night owls, they party at night, with wine wimen and song, don't expect them to get up for another two hours.. LMAO

YOU'RE FUNNY

Cook, you're funny
    Always keep me laughing

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey nc.gal, I grew up Methodist. And we're big on church dinners.

So one time I look up from the feast and see a little boy and little girl on opposite sides of the dining hall, wandering towards each other. Each had a little plate of cookies, just looking around and getting closer an closer!

Sure enough, WHACK! Cookies and kids everywhere! Really cute. (of course they were okay afterwards)

Yellowwing, that's a funny memory

I can just picture that in my mind

Morning Marines

It's a nice soft day in California. Going to be in the high 70's, maybe I’ll take a ride to Palm Springs for the day.

Taking Madison over to the vet later today as she has Kennel Cough, she hadn't been eating or drinking water. I gave her robitussin cough medicine as
    sadibenz suggested, being a canine officer, figured he would know what’s best, and she stopped her coughing. Last night she had some chicken broth and lapped it all up, wagging her tail like crazy so I figure she's coming out of it. Let her sleep in my office, not the first women to do that. LOL

She's a very smart dog will sit until I call her with a special command. She won't walk with me or along side anyone unless I have a leach on her and say Ok, let's go. Then she pounces around with her head held high.

She barely barks and only growls at dogs that are walk by in front of the house by their owners. I think I'll keep her. Why not, what's another female in the household. LOL

Dawn is breaking, have the sprinklers on, daughters are getting ready for work, ooophs hold on.

There had to go wake one up, that's catching the Metro into LA.

Maybe one of these days I'll catch it with her and spend the day at Olvera Street. Of course I know I'll have to take my piece with me, can still carry a Cancelled weapon. It doesn't seem like I retired from the force 12 years ago, but I'm glad I did.

Oh, didn't make that public meeting but my name still ended up in the papers, LOL

Jurupa

I've help get rid of two of the stupid school board members that made that illegal decision, Adams and Teagarden, and have two more to go. LOL The school district decided to set up a committee to name the new high school. I already knew what the outcome would be, so I didn't bother to attend. School board president told me Tuesday morning that the other board members quake in their seats when I rise to address them LOL

I guess all that Marine training, of command presence still pays off. LOl

You all have a nice, soft day, as for me I feel ing a little ornery today... Think I'll go over to Starbucks and see what the town folks have to say.

Semper Fi

Cook

Goodafternoon..

It's on the warmer side here this winter day...We are going above freezing...We are lucky today...

Had a little snow yesterday 2 inches...Just enough to cause havoc on people driving...Went for my children which only takes 15 mintes round trip on a bad day....When You get stuck behind someone who is afraid to drive, on a intersection, doing only 10 miles per hour, only cause some other folks to get upset....I was calm...Only my mouth was running....

I had good news over the weekend..My oldest son walks up to me and says mom you are going to be a grandmom...I said to him stop kidding...He looks me in the eye and says mom not kidding...
    Well I was over joyed at hearing the news...It will be my first grandchild...I know Roger would be thrilled..He always wanted to become a grandpop...He wanted to spoil the child and then hand them back..and state Your problem now.....I did my time with You....LOL

Well I need to get some work done..I have been watching the inauguration...

Have a Great Day Folks

Ellie

Ellie

congrats on the grandchild.
    I'm sure it will be spoiled.
    Isn't that what grandparents do best?

What do you want to be called by the grandchild?
    Most women today are called "Mimi".

Thanks...

Spoiled isn't the word, and my son knows it...
    He isn't going to get all my attention now...LOL

I want to be called mom-mom...

Ellie

Ellie, congratulations on the grand-kid. I hope yours brings you a fraction of the enjoyment mine has brought me!
    On a different note, it is in the 40's here and I just got back from playing a brisk round of golf...(brisk is the key word here)

Goodafternoon on my end...

The word of the day is Snow....
    Temps are cold...only 16..
    It's been snowing here for a few hours. and will contiue right through to tomorrow morning...They are predicting snowfall amounts of 12 to 16+...
    We have a least 3 inches now, and the heavest hasn't even arrived yet...LOL

Yes, I will be in a nice warm house for the next few days...With my four children hoping that we get enough that they don't have to go to work by monday...Now I'm thrilled, with that idea...LOL
    I have all things I need in the house...food, candles, family and DVD's...

Well got to go clean some of the white stuff...Don't want it to build to much before removing...

All Have A Good Day,
    Stay Warm

Ellie

Good evening from my part of the world. I cannot top Ellie's snow, but we did have freezing drizzle this morn. It is now 6:30PM ET, cool temps and cloudy. The weather people said that we dodged the bullet on this snow storm. We didn't get enough moisture for the snow, but that's OK. It has been a boring day today, nothing going on-----didn't go to the movies today, I didn't want to go out in the cold and light drizzle rain. Guess we'll watch a movie on TV tonight and some popcorn sounds good also. Everybody stay warm and those who are in the snow storm, stay inside. Good evening to all.

nc.gal

Thread Information